2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

The cut at Charlie’s POC/Sea Drift

4K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Aggieangler 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me if the cut at Charlie’s bait camp going into the bay is still to shallow to run though in a non tunnel hull boat? I have not been there since last December.

#8 ·
We were able to get through there during the 3 weekends around Thanksgiving, in a 21 foot bay stealth but we have a tunnel and a TRP. We were fine, most days, but one day with a really low tide, we had a slight bit of mud. I've only stuck in there one time, and I was coming back in from ESB, and got a little too close to the right side towards the lagoon. It shoals up there some, so I usually hug the grass edge coming in and going out.

This got me thinking about how much running certain cuts, like this one, Morris and Cummins in Aransas, and other places make me feel so hopeful for the day and the casts to come. Those cuts have the anticipation of hundreds of fishing trips in them. They are like Avenues of Anticipation! Fishing means to me, hope, that the next cast will bring the bonus you've been craving! I cannot imagine being a grumpy fisherman....ever!

#15 ·
We run it in a 21 foot Bay Stealth with a TRP and jack plate. We have to be fairly middle on the gut, and we have to jack the plate up most days unless we are transitting at high tide. The nice thing about the signs that face Charlie's, is the legs let me know what I'm in for, based on water level. :) We've been running that cut for years, so I know the channel location, which helps. Hug that grass on the way out and in!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.