triple tail recipe - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Old 09-05-2006, 03:47 PM   #1
scubacraig
Registered Users-pm+

scubacraig has been promoted to the rank of Bosunscubacraig has been promoted to the rank of Bosunscubacraig has been promoted to the rank of Bosunscubacraig has been promoted to the rank of Bosunscubacraig has been promoted to the rank of Bosunscubacraig has been promoted to the rank of Bosunscubacraig has been promoted to the rank of Bosunscubacraig has been promoted to the rank of Bosunscubacraig has been promoted to the rank of Bosunscubacraig has been promoted to the rank of Bosunscubacraig has been promoted to the rank of Bosun
triple tail recipe

What is the best way to cook Triple Tail? I shot one this weekend and would like specific directions/recipe on how to cook it. Thanks in advance!
scubacraig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2006, 04:21 PM   #2
speckle-catcher
Registered Users-pm+

speckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Pirate
you shot it offshore right

it's now a gamefish and can't be shot inside state water - FYI

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publicat..._2006_2007.pdf
speckle-catcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2006, 04:33 PM   #3
michaelbaranowski
Live Like No One Else.

michaelbaranowski has been promoted to Piratemichaelbaranowski has been promoted to Piratemichaelbaranowski has been promoted to Piratemichaelbaranowski has been promoted to Piratemichaelbaranowski has been promoted to Piratemichaelbaranowski has been promoted to Piratemichaelbaranowski has been promoted to Piratemichaelbaranowski has been promoted to Piratemichaelbaranowski has been promoted to Piratemichaelbaranowski has been promoted to Piratemichaelbaranowski has been promoted to Pirate
Texasflag4

Does anyone know why it is illegal to shot game fish in State waters. Does anyone think it would be worth trying to get the state to change this. Cause to me it would be nice to go to the Jetties on a nice day and shoot a few fish other than just snapper and sheephead. I don't think there are enough people in Texas spearfishing that they would shoot all the fish. Personally I take alot few fish when I am spearing cause I am more selective on the fish I do take.
michaelbaranowski is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2006, 05:14 PM   #4
will_spear4food
Registered Users-pm+

will_spear4food is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)will_spear4food is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)will_spear4food is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)will_spear4food is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)will_spear4food is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)will_spear4food is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)will_spear4food is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)will_spear4food is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)will_spear4food is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)will_spear4food is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)will_spear4food is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by speckle-catcher
you shot it offshore right

it's now a gamefish and can't be shot inside state water - FYI

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publicat..._2006_2007.pdf
We saw one shot about 45 miles offshore a few weeks ago!
will_spear4food is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2006, 08:46 PM   #5
tokavi
Registered Users-pm+

tokavi has been promoted to Piratetokavi has been promoted to Piratetokavi has been promoted to Piratetokavi has been promoted to Piratetokavi has been promoted to Piratetokavi has been promoted to Piratetokavi has been promoted to Piratetokavi has been promoted to Piratetokavi has been promoted to Piratetokavi has been promoted to Piratetokavi has been promoted to Pirate
Here'sone I like. Place fillets in pan and pour melted butter over each one, real butter not the fake stuff. Allow to sit until butter stiffens. Season each fillet with Chef Paul Proudoume (sp?) seafood seasoning, to taste. I like it not to heavy. Heat up the pit/grill using mesquite wood. When grill is good and hot place a piece of foil on grill, curling up the edges. This keeps the juices/butter from running into the fire. Use the thick foil and double it but make it about the same size as the fillets. Lay the fillets on the foil for about 10-15 minutes in a smokey grill flipping once if needed depending on thickness and temp. Serve with some type of rice dish and a good white wine. Fairly quick, not much cleanup. Oh! I almost forgot, what time do we eat?
tokavi is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2006, 08:58 PM   #6
tokavi
Registered Users-pm+

tokavi has been promoted to Piratetokavi has been promoted to Piratetokavi has been promoted to Piratetokavi has been promoted to Piratetokavi has been promoted to Piratetokavi has been promoted to Piratetokavi has been promoted to Piratetokavi has been promoted to Piratetokavi has been promoted to Piratetokavi has been promoted to Piratetokavi has been promoted to Pirate
This recipe is also great on snapper.
tokavi is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2006, 08:47 AM   #7
will_spear4food
Registered Users-pm+

will_spear4food is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)will_spear4food is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)will_spear4food is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)will_spear4food is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)will_spear4food is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)will_spear4food is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)will_spear4food is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)will_spear4food is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)will_spear4food is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)will_spear4food is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)will_spear4food is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokavi
This recipe is also great on snapper.
I do pretty much the same thing on the grill... keeping the skin/scales on the fillet, sprikling with lemon and butter, and pinching some cajun seasoning onto them. I have used Mesquite and Pecan, and have gotten great results. Flesh comes right off the skin... don't need the foil and doesn't take very long to cook. Don't want to dry out the fish too much. I add a little pico de gallo on top to serve and chow down!
will_spear4food is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2006, 03:46 PM   #8
scubacraig
Registered Users-pm+

scubacraig has been promoted to the rank of Bosunscubacraig has been promoted to the rank of Bosunscubacraig has been promoted to the rank of Bosunscubacraig has been promoted to the rank of Bosunscubacraig has been promoted to the rank of Bosunscubacraig has been promoted to the rank of Bosunscubacraig has been promoted to the rank of Bosunscubacraig has been promoted to the rank of Bosunscubacraig has been promoted to the rank of Bosunscubacraig has been promoted to the rank of Bosunscubacraig has been promoted to the rank of Bosun
recipe

Thanks for posting your recipes. I will probably try one out tonight.
Thanks again, Craig
scubacraig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2006, 08:12 PM   #9
Bug_Power
Registered Users-pm+

Bug_Power is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Bug_Power is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Bug_Power is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Bug_Power is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Bug_Power is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Bug_Power is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Bug_Power is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Bug_Power is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Bug_Power is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Bug_Power is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Bug_Power is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by will_spear4food
I do pretty much the same thing on the grill... keeping the skin/scales on the fillet, sprikling with lemon and butter, and pinching some cajun seasoning onto them. I have used Mesquite and Pecan, and have gotten great results. Flesh comes right off the skin... don't need the foil and doesn't take very long to cook. Don't want to dry out the fish too much. I add a little pico de gallo on top to serve and chow down!
Works great for redfish as well. I just cut them down the middle add some butter, lemon pepper and garlic. I was actually TOLD to go redfishing the next day so we could have it for dinner the next night!
Bug_Power is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message