Are spadefish good to eat or not? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise  |   Follow:
Old 08-17-2006, 10:46 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Zork has been promoted to PirateZork has been promoted to PirateZork has been promoted to PirateZork has been promoted to PirateZork has been promoted to PirateZork has been promoted to PirateZork has been promoted to PirateZork has been promoted to PirateZork has been promoted to PirateZork has been promoted to PirateZork has been promoted to Pirate
Are spadefish good to eat or not?

I'm not an experienced offshore man so i'm wondering about eating spadefish. I went a couple of weeks ago and the guy i went with was gaffing spadefish off the side of the boat and throwing them in the icechest. He says they are excellent eating. Other people that i have talked to say that they are not good to eat. Are they the offshore hardhead or what?
Old 08-17-2006, 10:51 AM
Fish hard or GO HOME!

Brady Bunch has been promoted to PirateBrady Bunch has been promoted to PirateBrady Bunch has been promoted to PirateBrady Bunch has been promoted to PirateBrady Bunch has been promoted to PirateBrady Bunch has been promoted to PirateBrady Bunch has been promoted to PirateBrady Bunch has been promoted to PirateBrady Bunch has been promoted to PirateBrady Bunch has been promoted to PirateBrady Bunch has been promoted to Pirate
Very tastey. White flakey meat.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:51 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Fish-a-mon has been promoted to PirateFish-a-mon has been promoted to PirateFish-a-mon has been promoted to PirateFish-a-mon has been promoted to PirateFish-a-mon has been promoted to PirateFish-a-mon has been promoted to PirateFish-a-mon has been promoted to PirateFish-a-mon has been promoted to PirateFish-a-mon has been promoted to PirateFish-a-mon has been promoted to PirateFish-a-mon has been promoted to Pirate
Good table fair
Old 08-17-2006, 10:58 AM
RAIDER POWER!!!

txjoker has been promoted to Piratetxjoker has been promoted to Piratetxjoker has been promoted to Piratetxjoker has been promoted to Piratetxjoker has been promoted to Piratetxjoker has been promoted to Piratetxjoker has been promoted to Piratetxjoker has been promoted to Piratetxjoker has been promoted to Piratetxjoker has been promoted to Piratetxjoker has been promoted to Pirate
Are they boney fish? I have heard that they are... I guess if they are that good, they may be worth cleaning.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:59 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Crossroads has been promoted to PirateCrossroads has been promoted to PirateCrossroads has been promoted to PirateCrossroads has been promoted to PirateCrossroads has been promoted to PirateCrossroads has been promoted to PirateCrossroads has been promoted to PirateCrossroads has been promoted to PirateCrossroads has been promoted to PirateCrossroads has been promoted to PirateCrossroads has been promoted to Pirate
Fry them, pretty good fresh. Not as difficult to filet as triggers.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:03 AM
Registered Users-pm+

reddrum has been promoted to Piratereddrum has been promoted to Piratereddrum has been promoted to Piratereddrum has been promoted to Piratereddrum has been promoted to Piratereddrum has been promoted to Piratereddrum has been promoted to Piratereddrum has been promoted to Piratereddrum has been promoted to Piratereddrum has been promoted to Piratereddrum has been promoted to Pirate
You have to get a pretty big one to make it worth while
Old 08-17-2006, 12:44 PM
Registered Users-pm+

metoo has been promoted to the rank of Privateermetoo has been promoted to the rank of Privateermetoo has been promoted to the rank of Privateermetoo has been promoted to the rank of Privateermetoo has been promoted to the rank of Privateermetoo has been promoted to the rank of Privateermetoo has been promoted to the rank of Privateermetoo has been promoted to the rank of Privateermetoo has been promoted to the rank of Privateermetoo has been promoted to the rank of Privateermetoo has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
I only caught one and threw it back not knowing any better. It wasn't very big, but boy was it strong for its size.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:49 PM
They call me............PAWPAW!

triple f has been promoted to Piratetriple f has been promoted to Piratetriple f has been promoted to Piratetriple f has been promoted to Piratetriple f has been promoted to Piratetriple f has been promoted to Piratetriple f has been promoted to Piratetriple f has been promoted to Piratetriple f has been promoted to Piratetriple f has been promoted to Piratetriple f has been promoted to Pirate
REALLY big ribcage, so you really need a good size one to make it worth while.....but EXCELLENT fish on the table!!! My wife gets kinda upset with me if I don't bring in at least a couple whenever I go offshore . Excellent fried, but also do well on the halfshell on the grill.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:50 PM
Registered Users-pm+

rotti has been promoted to the rank of Riggerrotti has been promoted to the rank of Riggerrotti has been promoted to the rank of Riggerrotti has been promoted to the rank of Riggerrotti has been promoted to the rank of Riggerrotti has been promoted to the rank of Riggerrotti has been promoted to the rank of Riggerrotti has been promoted to the rank of Riggerrotti has been promoted to the rank of Riggerrotti has been promoted to the rank of Riggerrotti has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
The are fairly good tablefare.....many people get spades confused w/ "trigger fish". The trigger meat is much more white.....but the spade is definitely worth frying!
Old 08-17-2006, 12:53 PM
They call me............PAWPAW!

triple f has been promoted to Piratetriple f has been promoted to Piratetriple f has been promoted to Piratetriple f has been promoted to Piratetriple f has been promoted to Piratetriple f has been promoted to Piratetriple f has been promoted to Piratetriple f has been promoted to Piratetriple f has been promoted to Piratetriple f has been promoted to Piratetriple f has been promoted to Pirate
We freedive and spear em......they will swim away from you when you first tip over and start chasin em, but then they gotta turn sideways to check you out and thats when you popem in the gill plate! They can get pretty big....we've shot bulls that were HUGE!