Washer Dryer combo best bang for the Buck - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > TTMB

Notices

Old 11-30-2013, 09:57 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Ken57 has been promoted to PirateKen57 has been promoted to PirateKen57 has been promoted to PirateKen57 has been promoted to PirateKen57 has been promoted to PirateKen57 has been promoted to PirateKen57 has been promoted to PirateKen57 has been promoted to PirateKen57 has been promoted to PirateKen57 has been promoted to PirateKen57 has been promoted to Pirate
Washer Dryer combo best bang for the Buck

My Washing machine just went out and my dryer has had issues so I need a new set. My house is electric and gas so I am looking at midrange appliances and any recommendations would be appreciated. I have heard of several issues with front loading washers.

Thanks, Ken
Old 11-30-2013, 10:58 PM
I am the banana in the boat!

essayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirate
Buy old school W/D. Slightly used is a bargain and works fine.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:13 PM
Saltmadness

Melon has been promoted to PirateMelon has been promoted to PirateMelon has been promoted to PirateMelon has been promoted to PirateMelon has been promoted to PirateMelon has been promoted to PirateMelon has been promoted to PirateMelon has been promoted to PirateMelon has been promoted to PirateMelon has been promoted to PirateMelon has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken57 View Post
My Washing machine just went out and my dryer has had issues so I need a new set. My house is electric and gas so I am looking at midrange appliances and any recommendations would be appreciated. I have heard of several issues with front loading washers.

Thanks, Ken
Why did it go out? What is the fix?

Last edited by Melon; 11-30-2013 at 11:28 PM.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:23 PM
I am the banana in the boat!

essayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirateessayons75 has been promoted to Pirate
Here is the dilemma we men always face over the fix-it issue....

Does she want it fixed or completely changed?

Fixed = $
Changed = $$$$

We get no reward for either choice, just grief.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:25 AM
Registered Users-pm+

tropicalsun has been promoted to Piratetropicalsun has been promoted to Piratetropicalsun has been promoted to Piratetropicalsun has been promoted to Piratetropicalsun has been promoted to Piratetropicalsun has been promoted to Piratetropicalsun has been promoted to Piratetropicalsun has been promoted to Piratetropicalsun has been promoted to Piratetropicalsun has been promoted to Piratetropicalsun has been promoted to Pirate
I'll be watching this one. We're in the market ourselves for the new house.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:22 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Kenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to Pirate
Do whatever you can to stay away from the high efficiency washer and dryers. Doesn't matter if they are top load/front load they all don't use enough water to get your clothes clean. We've considered selling ours and finding some old school ones.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:25 AM
Registered Users-pm+

cva34 has been promoted to Piratecva34 has been promoted to Piratecva34 has been promoted to Piratecva34 has been promoted to Piratecva34 has been promoted to Piratecva34 has been promoted to Piratecva34 has been promoted to Piratecva34 has been promoted to Piratecva34 has been promoted to Piratecva34 has been promoted to Piratecva34 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenner21 View Post
Do whatever you can to stay away from the high efficiency washer and dryers. Doesn't matter if they are top load/front load they all don't use enough water to get your clothes clean. We've considered selling ours and finding some old school ones.
I can agree with that..I thought it was the lack of the agitator, but yea it could be less water..
Old 12-01-2013, 08:40 AM
Custom User Title space for rent

Won Hunglo has been promoted to PirateWon Hunglo has been promoted to PirateWon Hunglo has been promoted to PirateWon Hunglo has been promoted to PirateWon Hunglo has been promoted to PirateWon Hunglo has been promoted to PirateWon Hunglo has been promoted to PirateWon Hunglo has been promoted to PirateWon Hunglo has been promoted to PirateWon Hunglo has been promoted to PirateWon Hunglo has been promoted to Pirate
What is your motivation? Save money on initial purchase? Go old school washer/dryer? Save water/gas? Go HE front loaders. Wash giant loads? Go HE front loaders. Do the job with minimal noise? Go HE front loaders.

The newer front loaders do not have the issues the old ones did. Time works out bugs in most things. This was true for the front loaders.

We went Whirlpool Duet in early 2011 and there is not going back to old school. We decided on "go big or go home" when we picked the drum size. Best thing we ever did. Having a big drum makes all the difference in the world. Mrs Won likes a washer big enough for all the comforter & quilts. I like a drum big enough to do a weeks worth of cloths at once. Cuts washing days down to almost nothing.

Only one problem to date. Front seal developed a small leak and was swapped out in minutes by the tech. Warranty was painless. Just a phone call and it was done. Youtube videos show removing the front end to do this but this guy knew what he was doing and did not have to remove anything but the retainer springs and seal.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:31 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Ken57 has been promoted to PirateKen57 has been promoted to PirateKen57 has been promoted to PirateKen57 has been promoted to PirateKen57 has been promoted to PirateKen57 has been promoted to PirateKen57 has been promoted to PirateKen57 has been promoted to PirateKen57 has been promoted to PirateKen57 has been promoted to PirateKen57 has been promoted to Pirate
The agitator went out you can try to turn it both ways and it does nothing. The dryer door keeps popping open after several fixes and make to much noise. It's an older washer and dryer. I have worked on several in the past changing everything from pumps, motors, transmissions ect.. I'll start looking just really did not want to do this today.

Thanks, Ken
Old 12-01-2013, 06:58 PM
Registered Users-pm+

tec has been promoted to Piratetec has been promoted to Piratetec has been promoted to Piratetec has been promoted to Piratetec has been promoted to Piratetec has been promoted to Piratetec has been promoted to Piratetec has been promoted to Piratetec has been promoted to Piratetec has been promoted to Piratetec has been promoted to Pirate
We got a pair of Samsung four months ago and like them. The washer is top load high efficiency.