The Best Book Ever Written on Giant TX Trout - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 11-26-2013, 08:45 PM   #1
wos

wos has been promoted to Piratewos has been promoted to Piratewos has been promoted to Piratewos has been promoted to Piratewos has been promoted to Piratewos has been promoted to Piratewos has been promoted to Piratewos has been promoted to Piratewos has been promoted to Piratewos has been promoted to Piratewos has been promoted to Pirate
The Best Book Ever Written on Giant TX Trout

Due to the great response from "2Coolers" on my current book, "World Class Texas Trout Tomorrow...With Best of the Best Fishers," I am putting up a new thread for those who haven't heard about my book. Also, I wanted to let you know that my book is now available at a number of retail outlets including one of our favorites, "Fishing Tackle Unlimited". If you would like for me to personalize your book, please order directly from my website. Here are a few highlights from my book:

>Classic factual stories and photos from 34 of the top Texas trout fishermen, including how, when, and where they caught their "personal best "monster trout.

>Relevant information and the latest scientific research on Texas trout that helps us to become better fishermen.

>Conservation measures and practices that will help build a world class Texas trout fishery.

To order my 265 page classic, go to www.topwaterpublishing.com .
They make great gifts. Thanks again to all you fishermen for your great response. Think monster trout!

Captions for photos in order:
1.Mike Blackwood state record 13 lbs, 9 oz. 1975-1996
2.Jim Wallace state record 13 lbs, 11.04 oz. 1996- 2002
3.Bud Rowland current state record 15 lbs, 6 oz. 2002- present

Attached Images

Old 11-27-2013, 11:03 AM   #2
RR@BB
Registered Users-pm+

RR@BB has been promoted to the rank of GunnerRR@BB has been promoted to the rank of GunnerRR@BB has been promoted to the rank of GunnerRR@BB has been promoted to the rank of GunnerRR@BB has been promoted to the rank of GunnerRR@BB has been promoted to the rank of GunnerRR@BB has been promoted to the rank of GunnerRR@BB has been promoted to the rank of GunnerRR@BB has been promoted to the rank of GunnerRR@BB has been promoted to the rank of GunnerRR@BB has been promoted to the rank of Gunner
Being a fair weather fisherman and with less than ideal fishing conditions, I was bored so pulled out my copy and started reading through it. I don't know if anything will make me a better fisherman but I really enjoyed reading it again. Also, reminded me that it makes a great Christmas gift.
RR@BB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2013, 11:40 AM   #3
Big "D"
Registered Users-pm+

Big "D" is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Scotts book is outstanding cause it has reL FACTS AND AWESOME PICTURES! if YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN A TROPOHY TROUT HUNTER JUST READING THE HOW AND WHERE OF ALL THESES LEGEND BIG TROUT CHASERS CAN MOTIVATE YOU AND TAKE YOU TO THE NEXT LECEL. tHEY ARE ALSO AWESOME GIFTRS FOR CHRITMAS, BIRTHDAYS OR FATHERS DAY[EVEN MOTHERS DAY, AS MY WIFE LOVE TO FISH!]
Big "D"
Big "D" is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2013, 09:31 AM   #4
IWade
Registered Users-pm+

IWade is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
And it's entertaining not to mention informative!
IWade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #5
Rolls
Registered Users-pm+

Rolls has been promoted to PirateRolls has been promoted to PirateRolls has been promoted to PirateRolls has been promoted to PirateRolls has been promoted to PirateRolls has been promoted to PirateRolls has been promoted to PirateRolls has been promoted to PirateRolls has been promoted to PirateRolls has been promoted to PirateRolls has been promoted to Pirate
I picked up a copy of FTU last week and read it over Thanksgiving. It's a great read and makes you think about what you should and shouldn't keep as a responsible fisherman. I enjoyed the stories about the one's that got away more than the personal best.
Rolls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2013, 07:48 PM   #6
jm423
Registered Users-pm+

jm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Piratejm423 has been promoted to Pirate
Well written, interesting and informative, by a guy who knows whereof he speaks. Definitely not an armchair scribe, that I can say without reservation since knowing him around 40 years.
jm423 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2013, 10:15 PM   #7
wos

wos has been promoted to Piratewos has been promoted to Piratewos has been promoted to Piratewos has been promoted to Piratewos has been promoted to Piratewos has been promoted to Piratewos has been promoted to Piratewos has been promoted to Piratewos has been promoted to Piratewos has been promoted to Piratewos has been promoted to Pirate
Follow up on posted photos

Just following up on the three photos posted on this thread. Most of you probably know this but these three fishermen have all owned the coveted Texas state record trout title. All three are amazing trophy trout fishermen and have caught more than their fair share of world class trout. They are the real deal and each one of these guys still actively pursues monster Texas trout. Get their stories and much much more at www.topwaterpublishing.com wos

Last edited by wos; 12-05-2013 at 10:18 PM. Reason: add word
wos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2013, 07:04 AM   #8
JimD
JimD

JimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to Pirate
Wos-

Why are you always typing in bold? Kinda like someone typing in all caps all the time.

I can see it for a special point or notice but all the time in the extra heavy black??
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2013, 03:05 PM   #9
wos

Another great fish from the TX record holder

Here is another great fish from the current Texas record holder, Bud Rowland. He is an amazing fisherman and is still sight casting big trout in his 70's. Hope I can do that! This fish was over 10 and believe me, he has caught his fair share of 10 plus fish over the years. Get his story and many more in my current book at www.topwaterpublishing.com .Thanks, wos (Scott)
Attached Images

Old 12-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #10
Bocephus
"It's good to be...Me" ><)))'>

Bocephus has been promoted to PirateBocephus has been promoted to PirateBocephus has been promoted to PirateBocephus has been promoted to PirateBocephus has been promoted to PirateBocephus has been promoted to PirateBocephus has been promoted to PirateBocephus has been promoted to PirateBocephus has been promoted to PirateBocephus has been promoted to PirateBocephus has been promoted to Pirate
Been cussed & discussed before....in regards to Bud Rowlands "record" trout. No doubt it was a big one.......BUT...

Although he chose not bring his fish in to have it "officially" weighed, his catch from the Lower Laguna is officially recognized at the incredible length of 37-1/4 inches and 15lb-6 oz.

Still haven't figured out how the fish can be recognized as the official state record.
Bocephus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message