Frozen Squid Shelf Life - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise  |   Follow:
Old 08-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #1
dekmak
Registered Users-pm+

dekmak is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Help Frozen Squid Shelf Life

Guys, how long will a rigged squid stay good in the freezer? Specifically I am talking about when you take a package of Baitmasters Squid and rig them while partially thawed and then vacuum and refreeze? Is it viable that you can buy them in the fall/winter and rig during deer season and expect them to be good and usable/attractive to swords the next June/July?
dekmak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2013, 12:23 PM   #2
broadonrod

broadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekmak View Post
Guys, how long will a rigged squid stay good in the freezer? Specifically I am talking about when you take a package of Baitmasters Squid and rig them while partially thawed and then vacuum and refreeze? Is it viable that you can buy them in the fall/winter and rig during deer season and expect them to be good and usable/attractive to swords the next June/July?
We have used them 2 years old if getting them from Baitmasters they last great
Old 08-17-2013, 12:48 PM   #3
saltwater4life
Wishin I was Fishin

saltwater4life has been promoted to Piratesaltwater4life has been promoted to Piratesaltwater4life has been promoted to Piratesaltwater4life has been promoted to Piratesaltwater4life has been promoted to Piratesaltwater4life has been promoted to Piratesaltwater4life has been promoted to Piratesaltwater4life has been promoted to Piratesaltwater4life has been promoted to Piratesaltwater4life has been promoted to Piratesaltwater4life has been promoted to Pirate
I have no experience with freezing rigged squid, but if vacuum sealed with almost all of the air out, they should last a very very long time
saltwater4life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2013, 08:53 AM   #4
dekmak
Registered Users-pm+

dekmak is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Re

Thanks for the input, do you guys dye your squid? It seems like most over here in the FL Panhandle do, but i don't seem read/see much talk about it over yalls way? I got a case of baitmasters coming this week and can't wait to rig em up for Labor Day and the fall season.
dekmak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message