Lake Bastrop - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Fresh water forums > Freshwater Fishing General Discussion Forum

Old 06-24-2013, 08:40 PM
Registered Users-pm+

t_willy has been promoted to Piratet_willy has been promoted to Piratet_willy has been promoted to Piratet_willy has been promoted to Piratet_willy has been promoted to Piratet_willy has been promoted to Piratet_willy has been promoted to Piratet_willy has been promoted to Piratet_willy has been promoted to Piratet_willy has been promoted to Piratet_willy has been promoted to Pirate
Lake Bastrop

I will be taking the family camping at Lake Bastrop and bringing my boat. When I was a kid my father and I would fish from the bank at south shore park. My question is are there any white bass or stripers in the lake? Any one have any pointers for fishing the lake. Are there any areas that I should worry about running my boat in. All info would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 06-26-2013, 10:07 AM
Registered Users-pm+

GusandEdie is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
No whites, hybrids, or stripers. Awesome perch and black bass lake. Schooling action is just starting to kick off in the main lake, bring 2" soft plastic baits, bigger baits will not catch near as many. There is only one cove with trees and submerged stumps, no big deal. Have fun and catch a bunch. We will be hitting the schoolies all summer as we live 4 miles from the lake.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:48 PM
Registered Users-pm+

BigS1975 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
We fished the Monday nighter this week and had some good fish.Alot of them got off cause the bite is still pretty soft.Anything green for baits is the key.We caught a lot rock bottom points at the gras edge lines.The south end of the lake seems to be producing more fish than the north end.Bring some small spoons for the schooling fish.
also bring some punch bait if you like catfishing.Theres some huge channel cats out here.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:49 PM
Registered Users-pm+

t_willy has been promoted to Piratet_willy has been promoted to Piratet_willy has been promoted to Piratet_willy has been promoted to Piratet_willy has been promoted to Piratet_willy has been promoted to Piratet_willy has been promoted to Piratet_willy has been promoted to Piratet_willy has been promoted to Piratet_willy has been promoted to Piratet_willy has been promoted to Pirate
Thank you both for the information. I will check out my bass gear and pick some more up if needed. I am really excited to fish this lake since it has been so many years.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:19 PM

ATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to Pirate
Early morning top water bite is sure fun. Just look for the grass.