GPS Question - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Old 06-13-2013, 03:28 PM
Registered Users-pm+

gregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateergregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateergregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateergregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateergregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateergregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateergregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateergregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateergregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateergregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateergregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
GPS Question

Hey, I was looking at the GPS chart I have on the boat. And had a question about the chart.

I took a screen shot of it, those numbers that say "18" 21" "15" "09"

I know thats not depth, I know how deep it is over there and its not that deep. What do they mean?
Attached Images

Old 06-13-2013, 03:30 PM
Registered Users-pm+

slabnabbin has been promoted to Pirateslabnabbin has been promoted to Pirateslabnabbin has been promoted to Pirateslabnabbin has been promoted to Pirateslabnabbin has been promoted to Pirateslabnabbin has been promoted to Pirateslabnabbin has been promoted to Pirateslabnabbin has been promoted to Pirateslabnabbin has been promoted to Pirateslabnabbin has been promoted to Pirateslabnabbin has been promoted to Pirate
Not sure but I would guess 1'8" or 1.8 feet dee.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:33 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Doubleover has been promoted to PirateDoubleover has been promoted to PirateDoubleover has been promoted to PirateDoubleover has been promoted to PirateDoubleover has been promoted to PirateDoubleover has been promoted to PirateDoubleover has been promoted to PirateDoubleover has been promoted to PirateDoubleover has been promoted to PirateDoubleover has been promoted to PirateDoubleover has been promoted to Pirate
I dont know but I like the "Not to be used for Navigation" disclosure!
Old 06-13-2013, 03:33 PM
Registered Users-pm+

gregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateergregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateergregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateergregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateergregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateergregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateergregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateergregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateergregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateergregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateergregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
I didnt think it was that shallow either. Boy do I feel dumb. lol
Old 06-13-2013, 03:35 PM
Registered Users-pm+

its not of my GPS lol. I bought the maps from Navionics but they have maps on there websites you can see.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:03 PM
All men die, not all men really live.

gman1772 has been promoted to Pirategman1772 has been promoted to Pirategman1772 has been promoted to Pirategman1772 has been promoted to Pirategman1772 has been promoted to Pirategman1772 has been promoted to Pirategman1772 has been promoted to Pirategman1772 has been promoted to Pirategman1772 has been promoted to Pirategman1772 has been promoted to Pirategman1772 has been promoted to Pirate
That lower number is referencing a legend (instructions) somewhere on that map. "Read the instructions" even for a map.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:54 PM
Gater

gater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirate
Size

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmaustin View Post
Hey, I was looking at the GPS chart I have on the boat. And had a question about the chart.

I know thats not depth, I know how deep it is over there and its not that deep. What do they mean?
Thats the size of the trout in that area of East Bay. You need to find some 24's and 25's on that map and stay away from those 1's and 0's.....n Gater
Old 06-13-2013, 09:04 PM
Registered Users-pm+

redfisher43 has been promote to Gunnerredfisher43 has been promote to Gunnerredfisher43 has been promote to Gunnerredfisher43 has been promote to Gunnerredfisher43 has been promote to Gunnerredfisher43 has been promote to Gunnerredfisher43 has been promote to Gunnerredfisher43 has been promote to Gunnerredfisher43 has been promote to Gunnerredfisher43 has been promote to Gunnerredfisher43 has been promote to Gunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by gater View Post
Thats the size of the trout in that area of East Bay. You need to find some 24's and 25's on that map and stay away from those 1's and 0's.....n Gater
Where is the "Like" button?
Old 06-13-2013, 09:33 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Stealth2180 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Stealth2180 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Stealth2180 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Stealth2180 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Stealth2180 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Stealth2180 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Stealth2180 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Stealth2180 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Stealth2180 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Stealth2180 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Stealth2180 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmaustin View Post

its the sounding dep of that area
Old 06-13-2013, 10:36 PM
"Never get out of the boat"

StangGang has been promoted to PirateStangGang has been promoted to PirateStangGang has been promoted to PirateStangGang has been promoted to PirateStangGang has been promoted to PirateStangGang has been promoted to PirateStangGang has been promoted to PirateStangGang has been promoted to PirateStangGang has been promoted to PirateStangGang has been promoted to PirateStangGang has been promoted to Pirate
Stealth is correct. They are sounding readings. On NOAA charts those numbers represent fathoms(1st number) and feet (2nd lower case number). You may be able to check your depth finder manual or Navionics to see if you can change the depth readings to feet. You can download "U.S. Chart No.1" from NOAA to see all of the legend information for almost every nautical charts.