GPS Question - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Old 06-13-2013, 04:28 PM   #1
gregmaustin
Registered Users-pm+

gregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateergregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateergregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateergregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateergregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateergregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateergregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateergregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateergregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateergregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateergregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
GPS Question

Hey, I was looking at the GPS chart I have on the boat. And had a question about the chart.

I took a screen shot of it, those numbers that say "18" 21" "15" "09"

I know thats not depth, I know how deep it is over there and its not that deep. What do they mean?
Attached Images

gregmaustin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2013, 04:30 PM   #2
slabnabbin
Registered Users-pm+

slabnabbin has been promoted to Pirateslabnabbin has been promoted to Pirateslabnabbin has been promoted to Pirateslabnabbin has been promoted to Pirateslabnabbin has been promoted to Pirateslabnabbin has been promoted to Pirateslabnabbin has been promoted to Pirateslabnabbin has been promoted to Pirateslabnabbin has been promoted to Pirateslabnabbin has been promoted to Pirateslabnabbin has been promoted to Pirate
Not sure but I would guess 1'8" or 1.8 feet dee.
slabnabbin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2013, 04:33 PM   #3
Doubleover
Registered Users-pm+

Doubleover has been promoted to PirateDoubleover has been promoted to PirateDoubleover has been promoted to PirateDoubleover has been promoted to PirateDoubleover has been promoted to PirateDoubleover has been promoted to PirateDoubleover has been promoted to PirateDoubleover has been promoted to PirateDoubleover has been promoted to PirateDoubleover has been promoted to PirateDoubleover has been promoted to Pirate
I dont know but I like the "Not to be used for Navigation" disclosure!
Doubleover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2013, 04:33 PM   #4
gregmaustin
Registered Users-pm+

gregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateergregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateergregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateergregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateergregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateergregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateergregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateergregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateergregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateergregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateergregmaustin has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
I didnt think it was that shallow either. Boy do I feel dumb. lol
Old 06-13-2013, 04:35 PM   #5
gregmaustin
Registered Users-pm+

its not of my GPS lol. I bought the maps from Navionics but they have maps on there websites you can see.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:03 PM   #6
gman1772
All men die, not all men really live.

gman1772 has been promoted to Pirategman1772 has been promoted to Pirategman1772 has been promoted to Pirategman1772 has been promoted to Pirategman1772 has been promoted to Pirategman1772 has been promoted to Pirategman1772 has been promoted to Pirategman1772 has been promoted to Pirategman1772 has been promoted to Pirategman1772 has been promoted to Pirategman1772 has been promoted to Pirate
That lower number is referencing a legend (instructions) somewhere on that map. "Read the instructions" even for a map.
gman1772 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2013, 07:54 PM   #7
gater
Gater

gater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirate
Size

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmaustin View Post
Hey, I was looking at the GPS chart I have on the boat. And had a question about the chart.

I know thats not depth, I know how deep it is over there and its not that deep. What do they mean?
Thats the size of the trout in that area of East Bay. You need to find some 24's and 25's on that map and stay away from those 1's and 0's.....n Gater
gater is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2013, 10:04 PM   #8
redfisher43
Registered Users-pm+

redfisher43 has been promoted to Pirateredfisher43 has been promoted to Pirateredfisher43 has been promoted to Pirateredfisher43 has been promoted to Pirateredfisher43 has been promoted to Pirateredfisher43 has been promoted to Pirateredfisher43 has been promoted to Pirateredfisher43 has been promoted to Pirateredfisher43 has been promoted to Pirateredfisher43 has been promoted to Pirateredfisher43 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by gater View Post
Thats the size of the trout in that area of East Bay. You need to find some 24's and 25's on that map and stay away from those 1's and 0's.....n Gater
Where is the "Like" button?
redfisher43 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2013, 10:33 PM   #9
Stealth2180
Registered Users-pm+

Stealth2180 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Stealth2180 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Stealth2180 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Stealth2180 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Stealth2180 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Stealth2180 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Stealth2180 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Stealth2180 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Stealth2180 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Stealth2180 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Stealth2180 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmaustin View Post

its the sounding dep of that area
Stealth2180 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2013, 11:36 PM   #10
StangGang
"Never get out of the boat"

StangGang has been promoted to PirateStangGang has been promoted to PirateStangGang has been promoted to PirateStangGang has been promoted to PirateStangGang has been promoted to PirateStangGang has been promoted to PirateStangGang has been promoted to PirateStangGang has been promoted to PirateStangGang has been promoted to PirateStangGang has been promoted to PirateStangGang has been promoted to Pirate
Stealth is correct. They are sounding readings. On NOAA charts those numbers represent fathoms(1st number) and feet (2nd lower case number). You may be able to check your depth finder manual or Navionics to see if you can change the depth readings to feet. You can download "U.S. Chart No.1" from NOAA to see all of the legend information for almost every nautical charts.
StangGang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message