Trolling Motor Shaft length Reccomendation for Kenner Bay boat - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum

Old 05-19-2013, 03:09 PM
Registered Users-pm+

TexasCub has been promoted to PirateTexasCub has been promoted to PirateTexasCub has been promoted to PirateTexasCub has been promoted to PirateTexasCub has been promoted to PirateTexasCub has been promoted to PirateTexasCub has been promoted to PirateTexasCub has been promoted to PirateTexasCub has been promoted to PirateTexasCub has been promoted to PirateTexasCub has been promoted to Pirate
Trolling Motor Shaft length Reccomendation for Kenner Bay boat

Guys I need some last minute advice on whether I NEED a 60" or if a 52" will work well on my 22' Kenner. I have to decide by tomorrow as I have a screaming deal on a less than 1 year old MInn Kota Riptide SF80 52", only been used a few times and it will be like $500 less than a new one. If its gonna be too short then its not a good deal, if it will work then it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2013, 04:31 PM

yellowskeeter has been promoted to Pirateyellowskeeter has been promoted to Pirateyellowskeeter has been promoted to Pirateyellowskeeter has been promoted to Pirateyellowskeeter has been promoted to Pirateyellowskeeter has been promoted to Pirateyellowskeeter has been promoted to Pirateyellowskeeter has been promoted to Pirateyellowskeeter has been promoted to Pirateyellowskeeter has been promoted to Pirateyellowskeeter has been promoted to Pirate
I had a 52" on my 22 ft skeeter bay boat if that helps any. The 60" I have now is to long
Old 05-19-2013, 04:40 PM

EvansMarine has been promoted to PirateEvansMarine has been promoted to PirateEvansMarine has been promoted to PirateEvansMarine has been promoted to PirateEvansMarine has been promoted to PirateEvansMarine has been promoted to PirateEvansMarine has been promoted to PirateEvansMarine has been promoted to PirateEvansMarine has been promoted to PirateEvansMarine has been promoted to PirateEvansMarine has been promoted to Pirate
It will work, I just prefer the longer shaft motors that stay about waist to chest high so I don't have to bend down to function it. Everyone has there own dealings, but 52 will be great on the Kenner
Old 05-19-2013, 05:07 PM
Registered Users-pm+

TexasCub has been promoted to PirateTexasCub has been promoted to PirateTexasCub has been promoted to PirateTexasCub has been promoted to PirateTexasCub has been promoted to PirateTexasCub has been promoted to PirateTexasCub has been promoted to PirateTexasCub has been promoted to PirateTexasCub has been promoted to PirateTexasCub has been promoted to PirateTexasCub has been promoted to Pirate
Thanks for the advice guys, I think I am gonna roll with the 52".
Old 05-19-2013, 05:29 PM

ATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to Pirate
I suspect the 60 will be about knee high.

I'd go as long as possible. My Frontier is very similar to its previous version (Kenner) and my 60" is perfect. I would go longer if I could!

If its that good of a deal, if it doesn't work, you can always sell it.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:30 PM
shake and bake

goodwood has been promoted to Pirategoodwood has been promoted to Pirategoodwood has been promoted to Pirategoodwood has been promoted to Pirategoodwood has been promoted to Pirategoodwood has been promoted to Pirategoodwood has been promoted to Pirategoodwood has been promoted to Pirategoodwood has been promoted to Pirategoodwood has been promoted to Pirategoodwood has been promoted to Pirate
I have a 60" Motorguide on my 21 ft Kenner and very happy with the length. It's never come out of the water in chop or 3-4 ft swells at the end of the jetty though it's come close. Personally I wouldn't go shorter but if you don't fish or troll in very choppy conditions you should be alright with a 52".