Vudu Shrimp hooks - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Fishing & Game Reports

Notices

Old 04-16-2013, 07:45 AM

egretbaits has been promoted to Pirateegretbaits has been promoted to Pirateegretbaits has been promoted to Pirateegretbaits has been promoted to Pirateegretbaits has been promoted to Pirateegretbaits has been promoted to Pirateegretbaits has been promoted to Pirateegretbaits has been promoted to Pirateegretbaits has been promoted to Pirateegretbaits has been promoted to Pirateegretbaits has been promoted to Pirate
Vudu Shrimp hooks

I wanted to address a few issues brought to my attention. We've had a few good anglers ask about a larger hook on the Shrimp. We tried it. I put a really stout 4x 3.0 hook and it would not "glide" or swim right. The smaller light wire hook is a must for the action of this lure. When we tested the first samples, we caught well over 50 fish and up to 100 on the bait with no problems. Most of the issues are coming from huge reds with braid or heavy line.

So, it's kinda good news bad news. Good news is this lure will catch lots of average size trout. Especially school trout. But that's why we built it. Bad news it's not a lure for big reds or huge trout, unless you use light line and play the fish well.

However, we are working right now on a 4 inch model with 3/8 oz jig rigged with a 4x hook. That will solve the issue. Heavier shrimp for bigger fish, but for numbers in the box... The smaller size will out fish em all.

Thanks for your time and goodwill towards Egret Baits.