Goose Island State Park night-time fishing? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Old 03-23-2013, 05:15 PM
Registered Users-pm+

dinodude has been promoted to Piratedinodude has been promoted to Piratedinodude has been promoted to Piratedinodude has been promoted to Piratedinodude has been promoted to Piratedinodude has been promoted to Piratedinodude has been promoted to Piratedinodude has been promoted to Piratedinodude has been promoted to Piratedinodude has been promoted to Piratedinodude has been promoted to Pirate
Goose Island State Park night-time fishing?

I was planning on going to texas city dike tomorrow but it is too windy.
I came across goose island state park and they have a lighted pier.
Is the fishing pier in goose island state park good?
I am interested in night-time fishing so any good lighted piers mentioned are welcomed
Old 03-23-2013, 09:36 PM
Registered Users-pm+

dpeck has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)dpeck has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)dpeck has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)dpeck has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)dpeck has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)dpeck has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)dpeck has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)dpeck has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)dpeck has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)dpeck has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)dpeck has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Fishing is good there but its going to be windy as well. Yo do realize that GISP is almost 200 miles from Texas City Dike right?
Old 03-23-2013, 11:14 PM
Registered Users-pm+

dinodude has been promoted to Piratedinodude has been promoted to Piratedinodude has been promoted to Piratedinodude has been promoted to Piratedinodude has been promoted to Piratedinodude has been promoted to Piratedinodude has been promoted to Piratedinodude has been promoted to Piratedinodude has been promoted to Piratedinodude has been promoted to Piratedinodude has been promoted to Pirate
I live in houston...
I plan on going either next weekend or the weekend after that.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:43 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Rawpower has been promoted to PirateRawpower has been promoted to PirateRawpower has been promoted to PirateRawpower has been promoted to PirateRawpower has been promoted to PirateRawpower has been promoted to PirateRawpower has been promoted to PirateRawpower has been promoted to PirateRawpower has been promoted to PirateRawpower has been promoted to PirateRawpower has been promoted to Pirate
Goose Island is a cool spot. I never fished the pier but that a good area to camp.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:02 AM
Registered Users-pm+

mas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Pirate
I camped there twice and noticed no one fished at the pier at night. Very few fished during the day. I camped at the waterfront site and fished right off the beach in front of my camper. The whole weekend I was there I caught two reds, neither one was big enough to keep.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:57 AM
Registered Users-pm+

LaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to Pirate
The old Copano Bay causeway is right there and is lighted. Alot of people fish it at night. I understand when the trout show up it can be good but certain lights are better than others.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:44 AM
Registered Users-pm+

oscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirate
It depends what time of year and what you are looking for.
Not much during the day unless you are lucky. All we ever caught during the day are piggies, stingrays and hardheads. But at night it can produce well. Give it a try.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:33 AM
Registered Users-pm+

mccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Pirate
gisp

we used to camp there in the spring and catch a ton of trout at night w/live shrimp but hardly any keepers

Last edited by mccain; 03-24-2013 at 08:33 AM. Reason: blah blah
Old 03-24-2013, 08:46 AM
Registered Users-pm+

What are some good lighted piers then?
Old 03-24-2013, 08:49 AM
Registered Users-pm+

But if you want bigger trout aren't you supposed to use finger mullet?