Sabine lake 3/23 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Old 03-23-2013, 02:59 PM   #1
JFolm
Act your wage.

JFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to Pirate
Sabine lake 3/23

Left the ramp to a calm lake and a ton of fog. Visibility was maybe 200 yards. We scooted to the north end and peeked around without much luck.

We then Shot down to the south end and found some current and some bait. My buddy hooked up on a red on a She dog. I tossed a Vudu shrimp under a mid coast cork and get hooked up then pulled the hook before I got her to the boat. The I cast again and get hooked up to a UFO. I thumbed the spool to try and prevent getting cut off and my braid broke right above the knot at the cork. I Tie on a char and black SS jr and hook up with a red. We ended up catching 6 reds and two were over sized and released.

I learned a lesson today. Keep the cooler in the middle of the boat. We had the cooler on the edge of the boat and when I opened it up to put a fish in I realized it was full. When I went to close it a red flipped right out of it and into the water. Couldn't imagine what went through his mind when he made it safe into the water.

Went home with three nice fish for dinner tonight. When we were about to move we saw that my cork floated up. We caught it but the fish got it caught around something and cut it off.

JFolm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2013, 03:18 PM   #2
sabinewhaler88
Registered Users-pm+

sabinewhaler88 has been promoted to the rank of Privateersabinewhaler88 has been promoted to the rank of Privateersabinewhaler88 has been promoted to the rank of Privateersabinewhaler88 has been promoted to the rank of Privateersabinewhaler88 has been promoted to the rank of Privateersabinewhaler88 has been promoted to the rank of Privateersabinewhaler88 has been promoted to the rank of Privateersabinewhaler88 has been promoted to the rank of Privateersabinewhaler88 has been promoted to the rank of Privateersabinewhaler88 has been promoted to the rank of Privateersabinewhaler88 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Looks like a good trip mam. Cant wait to get back to texas and get on the water
sabinewhaler88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2013, 03:40 PM   #3
JFolm
Act your wage.

JFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to Pirate
Couldn't find any trout. We didn't look much once we started having fun with the reds.

Chance,

Yeah it was fun. Good to get a feel on the water for the spring.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:20 PM   #4
sabinewhaler88
Registered Users-pm+

sabinewhaler88 has been promoted to the rank of Privateersabinewhaler88 has been promoted to the rank of Privateersabinewhaler88 has been promoted to the rank of Privateersabinewhaler88 has been promoted to the rank of Privateersabinewhaler88 has been promoted to the rank of Privateersabinewhaler88 has been promoted to the rank of Privateersabinewhaler88 has been promoted to the rank of Privateersabinewhaler88 has been promoted to the rank of Privateersabinewhaler88 has been promoted to the rank of Privateersabinewhaler88 has been promoted to the rank of Privateersabinewhaler88 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
I bet so. Im actually coming into town next weekend for easter. I'm ready to fish and eat some crawfish. Theres nothing better than gettin a blow up on a topwater. Can't wait to hear that good ole slurping sound of a top gettin drilled.
sabinewhaler88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2013, 05:02 PM   #5
Txfirenfish
Registered Users-pm+

Txfirenfish has been promoted to PirateTxfirenfish has been promoted to PirateTxfirenfish has been promoted to PirateTxfirenfish has been promoted to PirateTxfirenfish has been promoted to PirateTxfirenfish has been promoted to PirateTxfirenfish has been promoted to PirateTxfirenfish has been promoted to PirateTxfirenfish has been promoted to PirateTxfirenfish has been promoted to PirateTxfirenfish has been promoted to Pirate
sitting at work this morning just knowing the water in the lake was flat. cant wait to get out there.
Txfirenfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2013, 05:21 PM   #6
trapper67
WEIGHT N SEA

trapper67 has been promoted to Piratetrapper67 has been promoted to Piratetrapper67 has been promoted to Piratetrapper67 has been promoted to Piratetrapper67 has been promoted to Piratetrapper67 has been promoted to Piratetrapper67 has been promoted to Piratetrapper67 has been promoted to Piratetrapper67 has been promoted to Piratetrapper67 has been promoted to Piratetrapper67 has been promoted to Pirate
Great job and congrats.
trapper67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2013, 07:30 PM   #7
JFolm
Act your wage.

Thanks guys
Old 03-23-2013, 10:39 PM   #8
nolte_martin
Registered Users-pm+

nolte_martin has been promoted to Piratenolte_martin has been promoted to Piratenolte_martin has been promoted to Piratenolte_martin has been promoted to Piratenolte_martin has been promoted to Piratenolte_martin has been promoted to Piratenolte_martin has been promoted to Piratenolte_martin has been promoted to Piratenolte_martin has been promoted to Piratenolte_martin has been promoted to Piratenolte_martin has been promoted to Pirate
were they under the birds
nolte_martin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2013, 06:12 AM   #9
JFolm
Act your wage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolte_martin View Post
were they under the birds
No sir they sure weren't. It was a strong current and found some nervous bait so we started looking for them and found them.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:14 AM   #10
nolte_martin
Registered Users-pm+

nolte_martin has been promoted to Piratenolte_martin has been promoted to Piratenolte_martin has been promoted to Piratenolte_martin has been promoted to Piratenolte_martin has been promoted to Piratenolte_martin has been promoted to Piratenolte_martin has been promoted to Piratenolte_martin has been promoted to Piratenolte_martin has been promoted to Piratenolte_martin has been promoted to Piratenolte_martin has been promoted to Pirate
i didnt think so i was down there last weekend and saw some birds tried them and watched several other people try them with no luck
nolte_martin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message