Need help choosing spinning reel - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Old 03-23-2013, 02:25 AM   #1
BrushyHillGuide
Registered Users-pm+

BrushyHillGuide has been promoted to PirateBrushyHillGuide has been promoted to PirateBrushyHillGuide has been promoted to PirateBrushyHillGuide has been promoted to PirateBrushyHillGuide has been promoted to PirateBrushyHillGuide has been promoted to PirateBrushyHillGuide has been promoted to PirateBrushyHillGuide has been promoted to PirateBrushyHillGuide has been promoted to PirateBrushyHillGuide has been promoted to PirateBrushyHillGuide has been promoted to Pirate
Need help choosing spinning reel

I want to get a good saltwater spinning reel, or two, for my wife. She will be fishing braid. I'm tired of untangling backlashes and hearing "ugh" from the back of the boat or "DANG IT!" from down the bank, lol! I definitely don't want to spend more than $250 on a reel, and if I can find a good one for under $200, I may get another for the kids to use.

I want something that is general purpose and that she can throw just about anything with and can handle a big bull red with ease.

Suggestions?
BrushyHillGuide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2013, 03:25 AM   #2
ajn775
Registered Users-pm+

ajn775 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerajn775 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerajn775 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerajn775 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerajn775 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerajn775 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerajn775 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerajn775 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerajn775 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerajn775 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerajn775 has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
I would recommend the shimano stradic ci4 4000. It has the capacity for bull reds and it is light.
ajn775 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2013, 03:53 AM   #3
SaltwaterJunkie
Registered Users-pm+

SaltwaterJunkie has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterJunkie has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterJunkie has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterJunkie has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterJunkie has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterJunkie has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterJunkie has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterJunkie has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterJunkie has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterJunkie has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterJunkie has been promoted to Pirate
X2....Stradic Ci4.
SaltwaterJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2013, 04:00 AM   #4
spot light fisherman
Houston, TX

spot light fisherman has been promoted to Piratespot light fisherman has been promoted to Piratespot light fisherman has been promoted to Piratespot light fisherman has been promoted to Piratespot light fisherman has been promoted to Piratespot light fisherman has been promoted to Piratespot light fisherman has been promoted to Piratespot light fisherman has been promoted to Piratespot light fisherman has been promoted to Piratespot light fisherman has been promoted to Piratespot light fisherman has been promoted to Pirate
Have to agree:

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/st...116-03053-2500
spot light fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2013, 07:03 AM   #5
peckerwood
Registered Users-pm+

peckerwood has been promoted to Piratepeckerwood has been promoted to Piratepeckerwood has been promoted to Piratepeckerwood has been promoted to Piratepeckerwood has been promoted to Piratepeckerwood has been promoted to Piratepeckerwood has been promoted to Piratepeckerwood has been promoted to Piratepeckerwood has been promoted to Piratepeckerwood has been promoted to Piratepeckerwood has been promoted to Pirate
I'm into the "Made in USA" thingy now,and have bought a couple Penn 650ss reels,and am trying for a couple 750ss and 550ss's.By trying,I mean I'm getting them on Ebay.They're about 75.00 for the ones that appear never used.I've owned spinners for 50 years at least,and never had any come close to the Penns.The new Penn rels have numbers like 750ssmg.They are graphite and made in china.
peckerwood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2013, 08:45 AM   #6
jasonkyle
Registered Users-pm+

jasonkyle has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)jasonkyle has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)jasonkyle has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)jasonkyle has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)jasonkyle has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)jasonkyle has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)jasonkyle has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)jasonkyle has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)jasonkyle has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)jasonkyle has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)jasonkyle has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Shimano you can't go wrong my wife has two CI 4 and she loves them
jasonkyle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2013, 08:51 AM   #7
salty wounds
Registered Users-pm+

salty wounds has been promoted to the rank of Privateersalty wounds has been promoted to the rank of Privateersalty wounds has been promoted to the rank of Privateersalty wounds has been promoted to the rank of Privateersalty wounds has been promoted to the rank of Privateersalty wounds has been promoted to the rank of Privateersalty wounds has been promoted to the rank of Privateersalty wounds has been promoted to the rank of Privateersalty wounds has been promoted to the rank of Privateersalty wounds has been promoted to the rank of Privateersalty wounds has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Just purchased the shimano Stradic ci4 (3000 model) last week and caught limit of black drum amongst others. Worked flawlessly. Smooth reel and casts well. Great choice! Going to pick up another one soon for back up.
salty wounds is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2013, 11:30 AM   #8
BrushyHillGuide
Registered Users-pm+

BrushyHillGuide has been promoted to PirateBrushyHillGuide has been promoted to PirateBrushyHillGuide has been promoted to PirateBrushyHillGuide has been promoted to PirateBrushyHillGuide has been promoted to PirateBrushyHillGuide has been promoted to PirateBrushyHillGuide has been promoted to PirateBrushyHillGuide has been promoted to PirateBrushyHillGuide has been promoted to PirateBrushyHillGuide has been promoted to PirateBrushyHillGuide has been promoted to Pirate
OK, I think I'll get her a Stradic ci4 3000. What PowerPro are y'all using on them, or would you suggest I put on there- 20# Slick 8?
Old 03-23-2013, 11:39 AM   #9
cottonpicker
Registered Users-pm+

cottonpicker has been promoted to Piratecottonpicker has been promoted to Piratecottonpicker has been promoted to Piratecottonpicker has been promoted to Piratecottonpicker has been promoted to Piratecottonpicker has been promoted to Piratecottonpicker has been promoted to Piratecottonpicker has been promoted to Piratecottonpicker has been promoted to Piratecottonpicker has been promoted to Piratecottonpicker has been promoted to Pirate
Good choice on the 3000
cottonpicker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2013, 01:20 PM   #10
BrushyHillGuide
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonpicker View Post
Good choice on the 3000
Thanks. I really thought about the 4000 because of the increased line capacity and drag but, since its SUPPOSED to be for my wife (lol), I figured I'd save the weight and go with the 3000.