How to transport oysters - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Recipes

Old 02-25-2013, 11:14 AM
Registered Users-pm+

jasonkyle has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)jasonkyle has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)jasonkyle has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)jasonkyle has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)jasonkyle has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)jasonkyle has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)jasonkyle has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)jasonkyle has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)jasonkyle has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)jasonkyle has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)jasonkyle has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
How to transport oysters

I am going to rockport this weekend and want to bring 10 dozen back with me in the shell for a party Sunday night. Is there a way to do this safely without them spoiling on the way home I going to Fayetteville with them and it is about a 3 hour drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 11:36 AM
Registered Users-pm+

BayouBonsaiMan has been promoted to PirateBayouBonsaiMan has been promoted to PirateBayouBonsaiMan has been promoted to PirateBayouBonsaiMan has been promoted to PirateBayouBonsaiMan has been promoted to PirateBayouBonsaiMan has been promoted to PirateBayouBonsaiMan has been promoted to PirateBayouBonsaiMan has been promoted to PirateBayouBonsaiMan has been promoted to PirateBayouBonsaiMan has been promoted to PirateBayouBonsaiMan has been promoted to Pirate
I put them in a cooler with ice on top, drain open, have kept them a week no. problem, I cook them though.
Oysters are good!
Old 02-25-2013, 11:40 AM
Registered Users-pm+

2 Many Hobbies has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMaster2 Many Hobbies has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMaster2 Many Hobbies has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMaster2 Many Hobbies has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMaster2 Many Hobbies has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMaster2 Many Hobbies has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMaster2 Many Hobbies has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMaster2 Many Hobbies has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMaster2 Many Hobbies has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMaster2 Many Hobbies has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMaster2 Many Hobbies has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMaster
Make sure and put plenty of ice on the bottom of the cooler as well. You do not want them sitting in water while in the cooler. I bring back a full sack almost every weekend. If you don't want a full sack, Alby's usually has 100 count sacks as well.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:42 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Charlie2 has been promoted to PirateCharlie2 has been promoted to PirateCharlie2 has been promoted to PirateCharlie2 has been promoted to PirateCharlie2 has been promoted to PirateCharlie2 has been promoted to PirateCharlie2 has been promoted to PirateCharlie2 has been promoted to PirateCharlie2 has been promoted to PirateCharlie2 has been promoted to PirateCharlie2 has been promoted to Pirate
Transporting Oysters

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouBonsaiMan View Post
I put them in a cooler with ice on top, drain open, have kept them a week no. problem, I cook them though.
Oysters are good!
X2. I place mine in a plastic bag before putting them in ice. C2
Old 02-25-2013, 06:56 PM
Registered Users-PM plus

Treble J has been promoted to PirateTreble J has been promoted to PirateTreble J has been promoted to PirateTreble J has been promoted to PirateTreble J has been promoted to PirateTreble J has been promoted to PirateTreble J has been promoted to PirateTreble J has been promoted to PirateTreble J has been promoted to PirateTreble J has been promoted to PirateTreble J has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie2 View Post
X2. I place mine in a plastic bag before putting them in ice. C2
Just don't tie the plastic bag shut. They are alive and still need air. That's why they're transported in the burlap sax.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:05 PM
Registered Users-pm+

jdot7749 has been promoted to Piratejdot7749 has been promoted to Piratejdot7749 has been promoted to Piratejdot7749 has been promoted to Piratejdot7749 has been promoted to Piratejdot7749 has been promoted to Piratejdot7749 has been promoted to Piratejdot7749 has been promoted to Piratejdot7749 has been promoted to Piratejdot7749 has been promoted to Piratejdot7749 has been promoted to Pirate
Make sure the burlap has been soaked before you leave the vendor, Line the bottom of your cooler with ice maybe 6". Place a couple or more layers of heavy cardboard on top of the ice and spread the oysters out in the sack and lay them on the cardboard. Put mor cardboard on top and thin layer of ice.
i hauled 44,000 lbs from Kemah to Va. Beach in reefer and maintained 44 deg. What I described is the closest I can come to that environment.
IN OTHERWORDS KEEP THEM COOL AND MOIST AND THEY WILL LIVE
Old 02-26-2013, 08:55 AM
Registered Users-pm+

BayouBonsaiMan has been promoted to PirateBayouBonsaiMan has been promoted to PirateBayouBonsaiMan has been promoted to PirateBayouBonsaiMan has been promoted to PirateBayouBonsaiMan has been promoted to PirateBayouBonsaiMan has been promoted to PirateBayouBonsaiMan has been promoted to PirateBayouBonsaiMan has been promoted to PirateBayouBonsaiMan has been promoted to PirateBayouBonsaiMan has been promoted to PirateBayouBonsaiMan has been promoted to Pirate
Any guess on how many days from harvest in Galveston bay till eaten in
Va. Beach? That's a lot of oysters, must have smelled goood! Any guesses how many loads get shipped north in a season?