Hooks on maniac mullet - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Old 01-30-2013, 08:52 PM
Registered Users-pm+

crocket is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Hooks on maniac mullet

I just bought my first maniac mullet today, slow sink pink, and pearl pink crazy croaker.
What size hooks should i change out these lures to, or should i leave them how they come.From what i can see on the pics u guys summit, the hooks look like the originals.
I just recently changed out the hooks on my paul brown devil, 2/0, but have not had a chance to go out. I bought these maniacs in mcallen, and when i asked the salesman about replacing the hooks he looked at me wierd and said that was way to big.

Hey Jack, one time in naum............
Old 01-30-2013, 09:37 PM
Banned

grindthegrind has been promoted to Pirategrindthegrind has been promoted to Pirategrindthegrind has been promoted to Pirategrindthegrind has been promoted to Pirategrindthegrind has been promoted to Pirategrindthegrind has been promoted to Pirategrindthegrind has been promoted to Pirategrindthegrind has been promoted to Pirategrindthegrind has been promoted to Pirategrindthegrind has been promoted to Pirategrindthegrind has been promoted to Pirate
#2's on the big spooks
#4's on spook jr.'s, corkies and maniac mullets

VMC hooks all the way.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:46 PM
Registered Users-pm+

crocket is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Thanks guys
Old 01-31-2013, 09:37 AM
Cast/Catch/Clean/Cook/Consume/Repeat...

ClearLakeClayt has been promoted to PirateClearLakeClayt has been promoted to PirateClearLakeClayt has been promoted to PirateClearLakeClayt has been promoted to PirateClearLakeClayt has been promoted to PirateClearLakeClayt has been promoted to PirateClearLakeClayt has been promoted to PirateClearLakeClayt has been promoted to PirateClearLakeClayt has been promoted to PirateClearLakeClayt has been promoted to PirateClearLakeClayt has been promoted to Pirate
30" red inhaled my pink fast sink last week, with no damage to original hook...
Old 01-31-2013, 06:29 PM
Alabama rigged anchored up in ZephyrCove

James@SeaKingBlue has been promoted to PirateJames@SeaKingBlue has been promoted to PirateJames@SeaKingBlue has been promoted to PirateJames@SeaKingBlue has been promoted to PirateJames@SeaKingBlue has been promoted to PirateJames@SeaKingBlue has been promoted to PirateJames@SeaKingBlue has been promoted to PirateJames@SeaKingBlue has been promoted to PirateJames@SeaKingBlue has been promoted to PirateJames@SeaKingBlue has been promoted to PirateJames@SeaKingBlue has been promoted to Pirate
I have caught big trout and a 39 inch redfish with the stock hooks on the maniacs and they didn't bend a bit. I wouldn't change them out unless they rust up.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:45 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Drundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to Pirate
Leave the hooks alone, they are made by a Texas company for saltwater fishing. I rinse mine off after every trip and with over 10 trips, no signs of rust yet.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:35 PM

CaptainHebert has been promoted to PirateCaptainHebert has been promoted to PirateCaptainHebert has been promoted to PirateCaptainHebert has been promoted to PirateCaptainHebert has been promoted to PirateCaptainHebert has been promoted to PirateCaptainHebert has been promoted to PirateCaptainHebert has been promoted to PirateCaptainHebert has been promoted to PirateCaptainHebert has been promoted to PirateCaptainHebert has been promoted to Pirate
Those are VMC permasteel hooks. For saltwater use.
Thanks
Old 02-02-2013, 09:34 AM

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
they're good hooks.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:23 AM
Registered Users-pm+

JimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to Pirate
Mac it right. Hooks are fine unless you start horsing a big trout or red then I am not sure if any #4 will hold them. Take you time and let the fish tire out.

Changing the wt out on suspending or slow sink baits will effect the sink rate. Most of the baits are weighted correctly and will sink and about the same rate.

If you look last week I posted back up what the weights were for trebles and split rings in #2, #4, #3 and #5 split rings. Also posted were the wts for the Gamagatsu hooks that some people up use when grass is bad.

The question I have on the corkies is why are you changing the hooks out to begin with esp if you have never fished them much to begin with?
Old 02-02-2013, 12:36 PM
Banned

grindthegrind has been promoted to Pirategrindthegrind has been promoted to Pirategrindthegrind has been promoted to Pirategrindthegrind has been promoted to Pirategrindthegrind has been promoted to Pirategrindthegrind has been promoted to Pirategrindthegrind has been promoted to Pirategrindthegrind has been promoted to Pirategrindthegrind has been promoted to Pirategrindthegrind has been promoted to Pirategrindthegrind has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD View Post
Mac it right. Hooks are fine unless you start horsing a big trout or red then I am not sure if any #4 will hold them. Take you time and let the fish tire out.

Changing the wt out on suspending or slow sink baits will effect the sink rate. Most of the baits are weighted correctly and will sink and about the same rate.

If you look last week I posted back up what the weights were for trebles and split rings in #2, #4, #3 and #5 split rings. Also posted were the wts for the Gamagatsu hooks that some people up use when grass is bad.

The question I have on the corkies is why are you changing the hooks out to begin with esp if you have never fished them much to begin with?
Don't need to worry about changing your hooks if you aren't after big trout or reds. Big trout will straighten those stock hooks. All my corkies and spooks get the same treatment right out of the box changing the split rings and hooks. Why spend all those hours trying to find big fish and lose it over something as simple as switching out hooks or split rings. People spend thousands on boats and rods and neglect the most important part which is whats between you and the fish. Makes no sense to me.