Blast n Cast with Capt Jim West - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Fishing & Game Reports

Notices

Old 01-30-2013, 09:09 AM
Standing on a Whale fishing for Minnows

Captain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to Pirate
sheepy2 Blast n Cast with Capt Jim West

Got in on a very rare Blast n Cast with Captain Jim West on the last Saturday of the Waterfowl Season. I was accompanied by his 12 yr old son who it has always been a hoot to feech or hunt in the past and 2 other ladies that shared the hunt. It was more of excellent feeching weather that Duck hunting with a calm to light -5 kts wind. Venturing out the spot with the full moon setting was the backdrop of a perfect morning that was about to come to us. . We hopped off the Mother Tub and boarded the airboat to portage us over to the spot and get settled in.

Blast:

Skeeters were so thick and became started to suck out the skeeter dope we had. The Ducks were off to a quick start and it slowed up a bit being that they just werenít moving as much wih the calm burnt orange skyline. I favor this way over just blast 6 ducks in the first few groups in a half hour and be done. We got to be selective on what ducks we wanted to take..

Cast:

With an outgoing low tide slacking to a crawl we ventured out of the duck spot and not more than a rocks throw from the portage we started hooking up trout, then went to another spot and hooked up on the Reds. . It turned out to be a great am with a variety of ducks n feech reaped garnered. I was going to feech the incoming tide in the evening as the bite was going to be off the charts, but after getting up about 2 am. Driving a few hours in the thick interior fog and an awesome am Blasting n Casting it caught up to me after lunch and I ventured back to the Casa..

Dinners:

I mentioned in last week Friday Pics that I was going to take it up a notch.. I had the perfect blend of Teal n Feech for that..

Cooked the Duck in a non-published recipe I got from Emeril back in the day when he was cooking up a storm at Commanders in Nawlings. (Took 2 hrs ) It was time to break it out again to serve alongside the Halfshell .

Mediterranean fillet w/ a Vegetable Linguini infused with some white Trifle Oil

Great way to end a fabulous Waterfowl season ..You canít beat a day out with Capt. West! Well maybe .. dinner at Captains Dave's afterwards...LOL
Attached Images