I have a few projects this winter and spring that I will post. The first is a kitchen remodel on LL and the second is a boat rebuild. Since the kitchen remodel is in full swing, I will post that one first.
Let's start with the before pictures, it is typical 1970's kitchen:
Guys, thanks for the comments. I am ready to complete this project so I can get back to fishing!
Here is my weekend update on the kitchen remodel. First a couple of things I learned while doing this project. I used shark bite fittings for the water lines and they were incredible! They are a little expensive but in the grand scheme of things, well worth it.
I tried something new on these cabinets. When building cabinets, I have always used solid wood for the faces but decided to try birch/maple plywood for the face material this time. It actually worked out well and was a lot cheaper. Building the boxes is somewhat easy but the doors and drawers are time consuming. I was dreading that part of the project but found a few places online that will custom build the doors and drawers for you to your specs. I am getting nice rail and style raised panel doors that should really make the cabinets pop. They should arrive this week so I will update everyone on the quality and accuracy.
First, the fun from Saturday....Installed the crown at the ceiling and around the cabinets...it was a real pain since nothing in the house is square. I framed out the window but couldn't complete it since I ordered a raised panel for the front to match the doors. The last picture shows a close up of the detail before caulking the gaps.