Looking for .223/5.56 brass to reload - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Hunting and Shooting Forums > Firearms/Reloading/Handloading Forum

Old 12-10-2012, 10:52 PM   #1
bigdaddyflo
Registered Users-pm+

bigdaddyflo has been promoted to Piratebigdaddyflo has been promoted to Piratebigdaddyflo has been promoted to Piratebigdaddyflo has been promoted to Piratebigdaddyflo has been promoted to Piratebigdaddyflo has been promoted to Piratebigdaddyflo has been promoted to Piratebigdaddyflo has been promoted to Piratebigdaddyflo has been promoted to Piratebigdaddyflo has been promoted to Piratebigdaddyflo has been promoted to Pirate
Help Looking for .223/5.56 brass to reload

I am looking to buy some once fired brass for a 223/5.56mm AR15. Looking for around 500 to 1000 pieces for a good price. Let me know what you have. Not interested in any steel cases . Also interested in a set of dies, preferably RCBS, and shell holder - if they are just collecting dust on your reloading table.
bigdaddyflo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 12:17 AM   #2
CHARLIE
Registered Users-pm+

CHARLIE has disabled reputation
That stuff is everywhere just check the net. Bunches of it laying around the outdoor ranges.
CHARLIE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 08:39 AM   #3
larrymac1
Registered Users-pm+

larrymac1 has been promoted to Piratelarrymac1 has been promoted to Piratelarrymac1 has been promoted to Piratelarrymac1 has been promoted to Piratelarrymac1 has been promoted to Piratelarrymac1 has been promoted to Piratelarrymac1 has been promoted to Piratelarrymac1 has been promoted to Piratelarrymac1 has been promoted to Piratelarrymac1 has been promoted to Piratelarrymac1 has been promoted to Pirate
Check Craigslist as well. I have bought off of it before.
larrymac1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 09:03 AM   #4
Ernest
Registered Users-pm+

Ernest has disabled reputation
What do you consider a good price, and what head stamps do you want?
Ernest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 10:40 AM   #5
bigdaddyflo
Registered Users-pm+

bigdaddyflo has been promoted to Piratebigdaddyflo has been promoted to Piratebigdaddyflo has been promoted to Piratebigdaddyflo has been promoted to Piratebigdaddyflo has been promoted to Piratebigdaddyflo has been promoted to Piratebigdaddyflo has been promoted to Piratebigdaddyflo has been promoted to Piratebigdaddyflo has been promoted to Piratebigdaddyflo has been promoted to Piratebigdaddyflo has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
What do you consider a good price, and what head stamps do you want?
I see stuff on the net (reloader auction, distant sellers, etc.), but i am looking to find a local source - maybe someone that shoots and doesn't reload, basically just throws the stuff away. Headstamp is not my priority as we are just going to be plinking with this stuff - mixed head stamp is ok, range pick ups, etc. Just needs to be boxer primed, and not steel cases or berdan primed. If I can get $.05 per case, that is a good price, online they are $.09 per case based on 500 - but the same head stamp. Online brass is generally $45/500, if I can get them $25-35/500, that would be a good price.

Last edited by bigdaddyflo; 12-11-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:25 PM   #6
Bantam1

Bantam1 has been promoted to PirateBantam1 has been promoted to PirateBantam1 has been promoted to PirateBantam1 has been promoted to PirateBantam1 has been promoted to PirateBantam1 has been promoted to PirateBantam1 has been promoted to PirateBantam1 has been promoted to PirateBantam1 has been promoted to PirateBantam1 has been promoted to PirateBantam1 has been promoted to Pirate
This guy is selling once fired brass $85/1000. Its already processed too.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_114/9...__300_BLK.html
Bantam1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 02:35 PM   #7
Ernest
Registered Users-pm+

For mixed head stamp plinker brass, go to your local rifle range. There should be tons of Hornady and AMA crimped brass just laying there. Not so many commercial cases, but bunches of bulk ammo crimped brass.

Many of the folks that shoot but don't reload simply abandon the brass at the range.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:11 PM   #8
bigdaddyflo
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
For mixed head stamp plinker brass, go to your local rifle range. There should be tons of Hornady and AMA crimped brass just laying there. Not so many commercial cases, but bunches of bulk ammo crimped brass.

Many of the folks that shoot but don't reload simply abandon the brass at the range.
Well, I appreciate that, but i have not been to a range in years. I have a buddy with some property that we go to to shoot at. So my opportunity to pick up range brass is very limited - some places (I hear) don't allow you to pick up range brass, even if it is yours! This is why I am here.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:12 PM   #9
Ernest
Registered Users-pm+

Sorry. I originally thought you were looking for good matched brass. So, just trying to help.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:10 PM   #10
CHARLIE
Registered Users-pm+

CHARLIE has disabled reputation
Didnt look where you are located but I saw boxes of the stuff at Baileys in Houston for 5 cents maybe a year back.OK I check ed your in Deer Park so Baileys would be easy for you.
CHARLIE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message