How to tie rope to pier net? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Old 04-15-2012, 08:47 PM
Registered Users-pm+

ilikepizza5211 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerilikepizza5211 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerilikepizza5211 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerilikepizza5211 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerilikepizza5211 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerilikepizza5211 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerilikepizza5211 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerilikepizza5211 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerilikepizza5211 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerilikepizza5211 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerilikepizza5211 has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
How to tie rope to pier net?

I bought a tournament choice pier net at academy and some rope. Got home and couldnt figure out how to tie the rope to the net. Is there a certain knot or technique to tie the rope?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2012, 09:02 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Spots and Dots has been promoted to PirateSpots and Dots has been promoted to PirateSpots and Dots has been promoted to PirateSpots and Dots has been promoted to PirateSpots and Dots has been promoted to PirateSpots and Dots has been promoted to PirateSpots and Dots has been promoted to PirateSpots and Dots has been promoted to PirateSpots and Dots has been promoted to PirateSpots and Dots has been promoted to PirateSpots and Dots has been promoted to Pirate
I'd tie a bowlin (boline maybe)
Or a simple square knot
Old 04-15-2012, 09:23 PM
Registered Users-pm+

LaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to Pirate
If it did not come with it you will have to rig a 3 point bridle with your rope connected to the center point.
Look at how the Frabil is rigged. http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/st...181+4294953671

I think you were not asking about which knot to use. It might help to put a little lead weight in the center of the net to keep the netting from floating up and getting in the way of the fish. Just a thought.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:39 AM
Registered Users-pm+

ilikepizza5211 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerilikepizza5211 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerilikepizza5211 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerilikepizza5211 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerilikepizza5211 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerilikepizza5211 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerilikepizza5211 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerilikepizza5211 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerilikepizza5211 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerilikepizza5211 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerilikepizza5211 has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
What I meant to say was that I have seen people at piers and they tied 2 18" pieces of rope to the rim of the net,and 1 that had the entire length of rope. Then they tied them together with some kind of knot. I was looking for the type of knot and how to tie it. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:36 AM
Registered Users-pm+

LaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikepizza5211 View Post
What I meant to say was that I have seen people at piers and they tied 2 18" pieces of rope to the rim of the net,and 1 that had the entire length of rope. Then they tied them together with some kind of knot. I was looking for the type of knot and how to tie it. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.
Gotcha now . How about leave the 2 legs that are not the main line continuous. You then have a loop with the 2 ends tied to the rim of the net 120 degrees apart. Then put a double overhand knot in the mainline around that loop at the center of the loop and pull tight. Leave the tag end of the overhand knot long enough to tie at the third point on the rim. If it is braided it probably will not slip but you can secure everything with some smaller line below the point where the knot is. I am sure there is a more elegant solution like tie it to a brass ring or shackle but this should work. Good luck.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:51 PM

Redfishr has been promoted to PirateRedfishr has been promoted to PirateRedfishr has been promoted to PirateRedfishr has been promoted to PirateRedfishr has been promoted to PirateRedfishr has been promoted to PirateRedfishr has been promoted to PirateRedfishr has been promoted to PirateRedfishr has been promoted to PirateRedfishr has been promoted to PirateRedfishr has been promoted to Pirate
I have had several pier nets over the last 30 years.
I always made three ropes about 3 to 4 feet long.
Spaced them evenly around the ring. Usually they were made of 3/8 rope.
Then made a back braided loop on the other ends.
Then tied my main rope to the three loops in a bolin or something.
Those three small ropes I always called the harness.
I have never seen the main rope as part of the harness just tied to it.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:05 PM
Boogey-Man

BIGMIKE77 has been promoted to PirateBIGMIKE77 has been promoted to PirateBIGMIKE77 has been promoted to PirateBIGMIKE77 has been promoted to PirateBIGMIKE77 has been promoted to PirateBIGMIKE77 has been promoted to PirateBIGMIKE77 has been promoted to PirateBIGMIKE77 has been promoted to PirateBIGMIKE77 has been promoted to PirateBIGMIKE77 has been promoted to PirateBIGMIKE77 has been promoted to Pirate
Anchor Knot, here is an animated view, and they have 100's of knots on this site
http://www.animatedknots.com/anchor/...matedknots.com