What time does the circus start - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Fresh water forums > Freshwater Fishing General Discussion Forum

Old 02-17-2012, 09:08 AM
NEVER NEVER EVER RING THE BELL

Sunbeam has been promoted to PirateSunbeam has been promoted to PirateSunbeam has been promoted to PirateSunbeam has been promoted to PirateSunbeam has been promoted to PirateSunbeam has been promoted to PirateSunbeam has been promoted to PirateSunbeam has been promoted to PirateSunbeam has been promoted to PirateSunbeam has been promoted to PirateSunbeam has been promoted to Pirate
What time does the circus start

Let's see if we can look at the TRA elephant to see what time the circus starts.
With just a little over 2000 cfs coming down river and a general 2.0" local rain that brought LL up about 3" in 12 hours, TRA increased the flow from 2000cfs to 17,000 cfs over an 18 hour period.
The result of that increased flow has dropped the lake a little over 3" in 24 hours. It is within 1" of being at the same level it was before the panic dump.
So with more rain forecast what will the elephant do?

1. Close some gates today. Down to about 6 gates by Sunday morning.

2. Continue to flow a 17,000 cfs until the lake is at 131.4 then drop back to 2 gates in just a few hours. This to happen Saturday night and Sunday morning.

3. Slowly close the gate in a 4000 cfs increments until they reach 2000 cfs. This over a few days.

I don't have a clue. But if I were Mark I would get me some 6" deck screws and start anchoring down my pier walk boards.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:27 AM
Registered Users-pm+

TexasTom has been promoted to PirateTexasTom has been promoted to PirateTexasTom has been promoted to PirateTexasTom has been promoted to PirateTexasTom has been promoted to PirateTexasTom has been promoted to PirateTexasTom has been promoted to PirateTexasTom has been promoted to PirateTexasTom has been promoted to PirateTexasTom has been promoted to PirateTexasTom has been promoted to Pirate
I vote for #1. The jugglers are already up on the high wire! Already cut to 15,000 this morning.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:48 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Reel Time has been promoted to PirateReel Time has been promoted to PirateReel Time has been promoted to PirateReel Time has been promoted to PirateReel Time has been promoted to PirateReel Time has been promoted to PirateReel Time has been promoted to PirateReel Time has been promoted to PirateReel Time has been promoted to PirateReel Time has been promoted to PirateReel Time has been promoted to Pirate
I am guessing #2.
Will there be prizes for the correct answer? This is a circus, right?
Old 02-17-2012, 09:58 AM
Registered Users-pm+

fishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Pirate
Its called shut out the weekend warriors!! LOL Too many fine broads caught this week. And now that the cat is out of the bag no mas!!!!!!
Old 02-17-2012, 10:13 AM
NEVER NEVER EVER RING THE BELL

Sunbeam has been promoted to PirateSunbeam has been promoted to PirateSunbeam has been promoted to PirateSunbeam has been promoted to PirateSunbeam has been promoted to PirateSunbeam has been promoted to PirateSunbeam has been promoted to PirateSunbeam has been promoted to PirateSunbeam has been promoted to PirateSunbeam has been promoted to PirateSunbeam has been promoted to Pirate
Just learned some thing interesting. TRA changes the flow rate on their web site before they actually move any gates. The went from 17,000 to 15,000 on the site but nameless friend at TRA said they will work the gates later this morning.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:23 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Reel Time has been promoted to PirateReel Time has been promoted to PirateReel Time has been promoted to PirateReel Time has been promoted to PirateReel Time has been promoted to PirateReel Time has been promoted to PirateReel Time has been promoted to PirateReel Time has been promoted to PirateReel Time has been promoted to PirateReel Time has been promoted to PirateReel Time has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
Just learned some thing interesting. TRA changes the flow rate on their web site before they actually move any gates. The went from 17,000 to 15,000 on the site but nameless friend at TRA said they will work the gates later this morning.
So does that equate to saying "the check's in the mail"?
Old 02-17-2012, 10:37 AM

shadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirate
Mark had them all wrong, they are out to mess with me!

I think they use all of the high tech video/photography from the super quality equipment and wait until I'm doing good to change things up.. They have stuff up there that read the serial numbers on your top water lure in case any one thinks they can lie about they did at the cable! A fellow fisherman told me the other day that he got a ticket for giving away two cat fish to another boat while fishing at the cable.
He had his limit and thought it would be okay to give a couple away. He said that the GW had his lap top on and it sowed a super quality cam view of the cable in real time.

I can just picture them before they open more gates, "Wait,....wait, he has almost got his anchor set, ...wait, lol!
Old 02-17-2012, 10:50 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Danny O has been promoted to PirateDanny O has been promoted to PirateDanny O has been promoted to PirateDanny O has been promoted to PirateDanny O has been promoted to PirateDanny O has been promoted to PirateDanny O has been promoted to PirateDanny O has been promoted to PirateDanny O has been promoted to PirateDanny O has been promoted to PirateDanny O has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadslinger View Post
...he got a ticket for giving away two cat fish to another boat while fishing at the cable. He had his limit and thought it would be okay to give a couple away. He said that the GW had his lap top on and it showed a super quality cam view of the cable in real time.
Is the ticket for giving away fish? He caught his limit of 10, gave away 2, and kept 8.

Or was it for keeping his limit of 10, catching 2 more to give away, and still keeping 10?
Old 02-17-2012, 11:00 AM

shadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirate
It was for exceeding the limit. He kept 10(not sure of time order) and gave away two, that's 12 cat fish below the dam, two over the limit, $350.00 too I think he said.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:52 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Mattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to PirateMattsfishin has been promoted to Pirate
It does sound like TRA has hired some new employees or maybe takin their orders from Dallas. I was told the same thing about the cameras. Looks like in the morning might be a good striper morning if it does not lightning. I have been down there when all 12 gates were open and the stripers were goin crazy. Could not anchor sideways and about every 3rd or 4th wave would come over the bow of the boat and go out the back. Sunday could be better but I have to open the door (door greeter) for the ladies at church or I should say I open the door for everyone. Maybe I can talk Loy into goin monday morning.

Matt