Sea Hunt vs Blazer Bay - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum

Old 02-02-2012, 03:37 PM   #1
greenhornet
Registered Users-pm+

greenhornet has been promoted to Pirategreenhornet has been promoted to Pirategreenhornet has been promoted to Pirategreenhornet has been promoted to Pirategreenhornet has been promoted to Pirategreenhornet has been promoted to Pirategreenhornet has been promoted to Pirategreenhornet has been promoted to Pirategreenhornet has been promoted to Pirategreenhornet has been promoted to Pirategreenhornet has been promoted to Pirate
Sea Hunt vs Blazer Bay

Got a boat dilemma, granted I'm way down my list of boat preferences here but impending wedding has me financially limited. Pretty much got it narrowed down to the two boats mentioned, both 19ft and 2009 models. The sea hunt has an 09 115 yam 4s with 3 yrs warranty and the blazer bay has a 2011 suzuki 115 4s with 2 yrs warranty. The accessories are a wash with the difference in price. I basically like the blazer bay boat better and the yamaha better but can't get them together obviously, so any thoughts on the choice.
greenhornet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2012, 03:47 PM   #2
OffshoreChris
Registered Users-pm+

OffshoreChris has been promoted to PirateOffshoreChris has been promoted to PirateOffshoreChris has been promoted to PirateOffshoreChris has been promoted to PirateOffshoreChris has been promoted to PirateOffshoreChris has been promoted to PirateOffshoreChris has been promoted to PirateOffshoreChris has been promoted to PirateOffshoreChris has been promoted to PirateOffshoreChris has been promoted to PirateOffshoreChris has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhornet View Post
Got a boat dilemma, granted I'm way down my list of boat preferences here but impending wedding has me financially limited. Pretty much got it narrowed down to the two boats mentioned, both 19ft and 2009 models. The sea hunt has an 09 115 yam 4s with 3 yrs warranty and the blazer bay has a 2011 suzuki 115 4s with 2 yrs warranty. The accessories are a wash with the difference in price. I basically like the blazer bay boat better and the yamaha better but can't get them together obviously, so any thoughts on the choice.
Sea Hunt would be a better boat IMO. Suzuki vs Yamaha you cant go wrong with either one.
OffshoreChris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2012, 03:52 PM   #3
greenhornet
Registered Users-pm+

greenhornet has been promoted to Pirategreenhornet has been promoted to Pirategreenhornet has been promoted to Pirategreenhornet has been promoted to Pirategreenhornet has been promoted to Pirategreenhornet has been promoted to Pirategreenhornet has been promoted to Pirategreenhornet has been promoted to Pirategreenhornet has been promoted to Pirategreenhornet has been promoted to Pirategreenhornet has been promoted to Pirate
Anything specific you like better about the sea hunt? They have very similar layouts and specs...I like the look of the blazer bay a little better and it's about 350lbs lighter which should be good with a 115 (lil underpowered).
Old 02-02-2012, 04:10 PM   #4
OffshoreChris
Registered Users-pm+

OffshoreChris has been promoted to PirateOffshoreChris has been promoted to PirateOffshoreChris has been promoted to PirateOffshoreChris has been promoted to PirateOffshoreChris has been promoted to PirateOffshoreChris has been promoted to PirateOffshoreChris has been promoted to PirateOffshoreChris has been promoted to PirateOffshoreChris has been promoted to PirateOffshoreChris has been promoted to PirateOffshoreChris has been promoted to Pirate
Fit and fnish... alothough both are not perfect, I belive SeaHnt has them beat. Have you looked at the Sea Fox?
OffshoreChris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #5
redexpress
Registered Users-pm+

redexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirate
Yamaha is a little easier to do routine maintenance on. On the Suzuki you have to remove panels to get to oil drain, etc. Plus the high pressure fuel filter is a bear to get to.
redexpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2012, 09:29 PM   #6
greenhornet
Registered Users-pm+

Something about the sea fox I don't really like, just seem so bulky and deep looking although I think the draft of all 3 are pretty similar.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:29 PM   #7
ATX 4x4

ATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffshoreChris View Post
Sea Hunt would be a better boat IMO. Suzuki vs Yamaha you cant go wrong with either one.

X2

I'll add - if you have a preferred service center that will only service one brand outboard, go with that brand. Can't beat good service. You didn't say if you were purchasing these new/used/private party/dealer etc. So just a thought.
ATX 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2012, 09:33 PM   #8
ATX 4x4

ATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhornet View Post
Something about the sea fox I don't really like, just seem so bulky and deep looking although I think the draft of all 3 are pretty similar.

Agreed, those Sea Foxes not only look bulky...just compare the weight specs!...They just look like they'd be a pig in the water.

I really like the looks of the Sea Hunts better than Blazers, but it isn't my boat.
ATX 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message