Tackle Box / Wading Belt - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Old 10-29-2011, 04:07 PM
Registered Users-pm+

team cut em deep has been promoted to Pirateteam cut em deep has been promoted to Pirateteam cut em deep has been promoted to Pirateteam cut em deep has been promoted to Pirateteam cut em deep has been promoted to Pirateteam cut em deep has been promoted to Pirateteam cut em deep has been promoted to Pirateteam cut em deep has been promoted to Pirateteam cut em deep has been promoted to Pirateteam cut em deep has been promoted to Pirateteam cut em deep has been promoted to Pirate
Tackle Box / Wading Belt

Its about that time for a new tackle box and a new wading belt. I have used different types of both, but am looking for your suggestions on what you guys prefer. H20 Express has some nice looking medium size tackle boxes. Throw 80% soft plastics, have gear for bait fishing as well.

As far as the wading belt goes, almost leaning towards an over the shoulder type rig, but not sure since i have never used that style.

Economical options as always.

Thanks for the suggestion 2coolers.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:29 PM
Registered Users-pm+

SaltwaterJunkie has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterJunkie has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterJunkie has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterJunkie has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterJunkie has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterJunkie has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterJunkie has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterJunkie has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterJunkie has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterJunkie has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterJunkie has been promoted to Pirate
Wading Belt

I recently purchased a wading belt, which can be converted into an over the shoulder strap, from Fishing Tackle Unlimited. The only time I prefer using the shoulder strap is when I am wading in deep water. You can purchase the belt for forty dollars without the pliers or fifty including the pliers.

http://www.fishingtackleunlimited.co.../FTU-11-P.html

http://www.fishingtackleunlimited.co.../FTU-10-P.html
Old 10-29-2011, 07:39 PM

blackmagic has been promoted to Pirateblackmagic has been promoted to Pirateblackmagic has been promoted to Pirateblackmagic has been promoted to Pirateblackmagic has been promoted to Pirateblackmagic has been promoted to Pirateblackmagic has been promoted to Pirateblackmagic has been promoted to Pirateblackmagic has been promoted to Pirateblackmagic has been promoted to Pirateblackmagic has been promoted to Pirate
I purchased Magellans version of the Sling Pack tha goes over your shoulder. BUT you must change out the 2 tackle boxes they give you with the Plano ones that do not let water in because your hooks will rust if you use the ones the give you. So just break out another $10 if you have it and make your set up like this.........
http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/st...g+pack&Ntk=All this is the sling pack
http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/st...236+4294967130 buy 2 of these seperate.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:10 PM
Banned

Biloxi24yf has been promoted to the rank of RiggerBiloxi24yf has been promoted to the rank of RiggerBiloxi24yf has been promoted to the rank of RiggerBiloxi24yf has been promoted to the rank of RiggerBiloxi24yf has been promoted to the rank of RiggerBiloxi24yf has been promoted to the rank of RiggerBiloxi24yf has been promoted to the rank of RiggerBiloxi24yf has been promoted to the rank of RiggerBiloxi24yf has been promoted to the rank of RiggerBiloxi24yf has been promoted to the rank of RiggerBiloxi24yf has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Fishnhunt makes some great gear. Adam is top notch when it comes to customer service. His products are great they hold up and are very comfortable to wear all day. They can be bought at just about every academy. I'm sure there are other brands but I'm am talking about what I know about
Old 10-29-2011, 09:26 PM
I come from the water!

reeltimer has been promoted to Piratereeltimer has been promoted to Piratereeltimer has been promoted to Piratereeltimer has been promoted to Piratereeltimer has been promoted to Piratereeltimer has been promoted to Piratereeltimer has been promoted to Piratereeltimer has been promoted to Piratereeltimer has been promoted to Piratereeltimer has been promoted to Piratereeltimer has been promoted to Pirate
I use and like the hookset over the shoulder wading box.I wish it was waterproof.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:40 PM
Banned

tslaya12 has been promoted to Piratetslaya12 has been promoted to Piratetslaya12 has been promoted to Piratetslaya12 has been promoted to Piratetslaya12 has been promoted to Piratetslaya12 has been promoted to Piratetslaya12 has been promoted to Piratetslaya12 has been promoted to Piratetslaya12 has been promoted to Piratetslaya12 has been promoted to Piratetslaya12 has been promoted to Pirate
You want something lightweight, virtually waterproof, easily accessible, not in the way and organized for both soft plastics and topwaters/corkies. It's also very easy to make.

You want to buy two of the boxes (or three, would be a little big) from academy. Buy the stowaway bigger plano one (not the deep one) for your tops and corkies. Then buy the Plano "Medium crankbait organizer" for your soft plastics.

From there you will want to buy some water-proof velcro or any heavy duty velcro will work. You will use it on the top of your stowaway box.

On the bigger waterproof plano stowaway you will see some spots to drill. From there just thread some rope or some comfy strap and you're good to go.

I have put some pics in of what mine looks like. It's awesome because it's super lightweight and carries everything I need. It carries about 10-12 topwaters, 12 corkies and 12-18 packs of soft plastics. The best part is you can leave the soft plastics in the original packaging and just chunk em in there so they don't lose shape or scent. I also put my jig heads in there with my soft plastics with the original packaging.

Here are some pics of what you want to go for:
Attached Images

Old 10-29-2011, 11:43 PM
Banned

tslaya12 has been promoted to Piratetslaya12 has been promoted to Piratetslaya12 has been promoted to Piratetslaya12 has been promoted to Piratetslaya12 has been promoted to Piratetslaya12 has been promoted to Piratetslaya12 has been promoted to Piratetslaya12 has been promoted to Piratetslaya12 has been promoted to Piratetslaya12 has been promoted to Piratetslaya12 has been promoted to Pirate
I'll add to all of that and say that the reason I chose to forgo the wading boxes enclosed in the material pack type stuff is that when it gets wet it starts to get heavy and I don't like dealing with it. Not to mention my hooks get stuck in it and it just ends up being more trouble than it's worth since it will never be completely waterproof anyways. This is the closest thing to water-proof I have come up with. If everything is latched down tight with your hooks out of the way it will be pretty much waterproof.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:43 AM
non-politically correct

speckledred has been promoted to Piratespeckledred has been promoted to Piratespeckledred has been promoted to Piratespeckledred has been promoted to Piratespeckledred has been promoted to Piratespeckledred has been promoted to Piratespeckledred has been promoted to Piratespeckledred has been promoted to Piratespeckledred has been promoted to Piratespeckledred has been promoted to Piratespeckledred has been promoted to Pirate
I went to an over the shoulder bag that carries a beverage, snacks, tools, soft plastics, & hard baits in small stawaway boxes. Less is more for winter.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:29 PM
Banned

Capt Scott Reeh has been promoted to PirateCapt Scott Reeh has been promoted to PirateCapt Scott Reeh has been promoted to PirateCapt Scott Reeh has been promoted to PirateCapt Scott Reeh has been promoted to PirateCapt Scott Reeh has been promoted to PirateCapt Scott Reeh has been promoted to PirateCapt Scott Reeh has been promoted to PirateCapt Scott Reeh has been promoted to PirateCapt Scott Reeh has been promoted to PirateCapt Scott Reeh has been promoted to Pirate
www.hooksetgear.com

Their stuff is of high quality and very durable.Remember....you get what ya pay for.Plus....their shipping is super fast Give them a look.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:20 PM
Registered Users-pm+

team cut em deep has been promoted to Pirateteam cut em deep has been promoted to Pirateteam cut em deep has been promoted to Pirateteam cut em deep has been promoted to Pirateteam cut em deep has been promoted to Pirateteam cut em deep has been promoted to Pirateteam cut em deep has been promoted to Pirateteam cut em deep has been promoted to Pirateteam cut em deep has been promoted to Pirateteam cut em deep has been promoted to Pirateteam cut em deep has been promoted to Pirate
Thanks for all the suggestions 2coolers!