SHO 250 vs. HPDI 300 - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum

Old 08-30-2011, 06:21 PM   #11
skeeter77346
Registered Users-pm+

skeeter77346 has been promoted to Pirateskeeter77346 has been promoted to Pirateskeeter77346 has been promoted to Pirateskeeter77346 has been promoted to Pirateskeeter77346 has been promoted to Pirateskeeter77346 has been promoted to Pirateskeeter77346 has been promoted to Pirateskeeter77346 has been promoted to Pirateskeeter77346 has been promoted to Pirateskeeter77346 has been promoted to Pirateskeeter77346 has been promoted to Pirate
SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEMPOC View Post
I am sure the HPDI will outrun the SHO but I am not a "ZUMI". I lope around at 35 - 40 mph. That boat will be plenty fast for me with either motor. I had just hoped to get a little input from someone that has run them both - the SHO being somewhat of a "newbie".
Over at saltycajun . com a guy named 'Lavocat' has a Blackjack 250 SHO rig. Might ask him.
skeeter77346 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2011, 06:28 PM   #12
Mt. Houston Marine

Mt. Houston Marine has been promoted to PirateMt. Houston Marine has been promoted to PirateMt. Houston Marine has been promoted to PirateMt. Houston Marine has been promoted to PirateMt. Houston Marine has been promoted to PirateMt. Houston Marine has been promoted to PirateMt. Houston Marine has been promoted to PirateMt. Houston Marine has been promoted to PirateMt. Houston Marine has been promoted to PirateMt. Houston Marine has been promoted to PirateMt. Houston Marine has been promoted to Pirate
SHO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HPDI not even close 2nd.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:03 PM   #13
yellowskeeter

yellowskeeter has been promoted to Pirateyellowskeeter has been promoted to Pirateyellowskeeter has been promoted to Pirateyellowskeeter has been promoted to Pirateyellowskeeter has been promoted to Pirateyellowskeeter has been promoted to Pirateyellowskeeter has been promoted to Pirateyellowskeeter has been promoted to Pirateyellowskeeter has been promoted to Pirateyellowskeeter has been promoted to Pirateyellowskeeter has been promoted to Pirate
just replaced my hpdi with a sho nd will never look back. Crazy mid range, and just a great running engine. It is a beast.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:51 AM   #14
KEMPOC
Registered Users-pm+

KEMPOC has been promoted to PirateKEMPOC has been promoted to PirateKEMPOC has been promoted to PirateKEMPOC has been promoted to PirateKEMPOC has been promoted to PirateKEMPOC has been promoted to PirateKEMPOC has been promoted to PirateKEMPOC has been promoted to PirateKEMPOC has been promoted to PirateKEMPOC has been promoted to PirateKEMPOC has been promoted to Pirate
Thanks yellowskeeter. I am also researching underwater LEDs. I tried your link but it didnt work (blocked by my browser). Looks like you might have some input. ????
KEMPOC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2011, 09:12 PM   #15
dosseric
Registered Users-pm+

dosseric has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)dosseric has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)dosseric has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)dosseric has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)dosseric has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)dosseric has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)dosseric has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)dosseric has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)dosseric has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)dosseric has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)dosseric has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
I just had the exact same choice to make. My boat is at LMC right now getting a new motor put on.

I went with the 300hpdi. The 3k saved by choosing the HPDI will buy alot of 2 stroke oil.

If money is not a concern... look at the 350 Verado

It wasn't an easy decision. If the SHO was offered in a 300... i probably would have chosen differently.
dosseric is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2011, 09:35 PM   #16
KEMPOC
Registered Users-pm+

KEMPOC has been promoted to PirateKEMPOC has been promoted to PirateKEMPOC has been promoted to PirateKEMPOC has been promoted to PirateKEMPOC has been promoted to PirateKEMPOC has been promoted to PirateKEMPOC has been promoted to PirateKEMPOC has been promoted to PirateKEMPOC has been promoted to PirateKEMPOC has been promoted to PirateKEMPOC has been promoted to Pirate
Yep, the difference was $3,000. However, Yamaha has a $1,000 rebate on the SHO (ends today) that got the diff down to $2,000. I was really more concerned with performance than cost. Though I like 2 strokes, I tumbled to peer presure and bought the SHO (had to decide today to get the rebate). I tend to trade every few years and thought the SHO would be easier to turn than the HPDI. Really, it was pretty well a toss up. The Blackjack will perform well with either motor.
KEMPOC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2011, 09:49 PM   #17
ReelWork

ReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to Pirate
[QUOTE=dosseric;3645720**

It wasn't an easy decision. If the SHO was offered in a 300... i probably would have chosen differently.[/QUOTE]

The SHO is offered in the 300, kind of.. It's called the F300 Offshore which uses the same 4.2 but comes in a 25 or 30 inch shaft, not the 20 and has electronic controls.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:58 PM   #18
spotsndots
88 Ag

spotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
"hch3" - I expect you are right but the "why" is what I am looking for if you dont mind.

"spots" - Thanks. Pretty much what I expected to hear. I have had a Honda and a Yam F225 and I do enjoy the quiet. Oh yea, what gives with the orange boat "88 ag"?
orange boat???? what you talkin' about man!
spotsndots is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2011, 03:01 PM   #19
BAMF32
كافر, ملحد, كفري, غير نصراني

BAMF32 has been promoted to PirateBAMF32 has been promoted to PirateBAMF32 has been promoted to PirateBAMF32 has been promoted to PirateBAMF32 has been promoted to PirateBAMF32 has been promoted to PirateBAMF32 has been promoted to PirateBAMF32 has been promoted to PirateBAMF32 has been promoted to PirateBAMF32 has been promoted to PirateBAMF32 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
"hch3" - I expect you are right but the "why" is what I am looking for if you dont mind.

"spots" - Thanks. Pretty much what I expected to hear. I have had a Honda and a Yam F225 and I do enjoy the quiet. Oh yea, what gives with the orange boat "88 ag"?
Spots boat is maroon. Just cant see it in that picture.
BAMF32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2011, 05:22 PM   #20
Kyle 1974
Registered Users-pm+

Kyle 1974 has been promoted to PirateKyle 1974 has been promoted to PirateKyle 1974 has been promoted to PirateKyle 1974 has been promoted to PirateKyle 1974 has been promoted to PirateKyle 1974 has been promoted to PirateKyle 1974 has been promoted to PirateKyle 1974 has been promoted to PirateKyle 1974 has been promoted to PirateKyle 1974 has been promoted to PirateKyle 1974 has been promoted to Pirate
I have a 250 SHO, and can't imagine the motor being much better.... zero complaints.

(and zero 2 stroke oil)....

I've heard that the 300 HPDI isn't putting out 300 HP. All motors have a +/- they have to fall within and supposedly the 300 HPDI falls on the low side of what's allowable.

the 300 HPDI is a 3.3 liter engine. The 250 SHO is a 4.2 liter engine. The way my brain works tells me that a larger motor has less stress on it. How else do you make more HP from a smaller engine?
Kyle 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message