Welcome Sponsor: Torrent Boats! - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Old 08-01-2011, 01:14 PM
Registered Users-pm+

rpavlick has been promoted to Piraterpavlick has been promoted to Piraterpavlick has been promoted to Piraterpavlick has been promoted to Piraterpavlick has been promoted to Piraterpavlick has been promoted to Piraterpavlick has been promoted to Piraterpavlick has been promoted to Piraterpavlick has been promoted to Piraterpavlick has been promoted to Piraterpavlick has been promoted to Pirate
Work Welcome Sponsor: Torrent Boats!

Welcome to member Torrent Boats. Thanks for your support of 2coolfishing! Check them out at www.torrentboats.com
Old 08-01-2011, 01:59 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Torrent Boats has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTorrent Boats has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTorrent Boats has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTorrent Boats has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTorrent Boats has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTorrent Boats has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTorrent Boats has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTorrent Boats has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTorrent Boats has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTorrent Boats has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTorrent Boats has been promoted to the rank of Gunner
Hello from Torrent Boats:

At Torrent Boats, we strive to produce the best shallow water performance fishing boat on the bays of the Gulf Coast. Our vision is simple, build a reliable, top quality fishing boat that not only performs to, but exceeds the expectations of the coastal fisherman as well as the family boater. Our boats are built to the customers’ specifications from 100% composite materials; eliminating wood reduces the risk of rot and minimizes weight allowing reliable, shallow water performance. Our unique, broad basedcatamaran hull design allows incomparable shallow water performance coupled with stable big water handling. All designs include ample dry storage for your gear, and plenty of deck space to easily move around and accommodate your crew. At Torrent Boats, we understand the fishing experience and are striving to do our part to support your on water excursions.

The team at Torrent combines over 25 years of boat building and fiberglass fabrication experience, with our primary focus on optimizing the coastal fishing adventure. Each hull is hand laid to the customer’s specifications, and our accessory services are of top quality, offering aluminum and graphic options suited to your precise requirements. Our shop is open for the public to view our work and we welcome you to do so. More so, we invite you aboard, please join us for a demo ride in one of our boats to see and feel for yourself the quality and capabilities Torrent has to offer.

Torrent currently offers two models, the CAT 5 and the new CAT 3. The CAT 5 is our 24’ model with a 96” beam supported by our innovative pontoon design to provide substantial lift and stable shallow water handling ability. The newly released CAT 3 is our 20’ model designed on the same basis as the CAT 5 though altered slightly to maintain our high performance standards while compensating for the shorter length. Between the two models, we are certain you will find the boat for your needs. And because we understand the progressive market, we continue to develop new ideas and are working on new models for the future.

For those of you who are not in the new boat market yet please keep in mind that we do fiberglass repair and make-overs on all types of rigs. We can make that old fishing partner of yours look brand new once again!

Thanks for taking the time to consider Torrent Boats, and we hope to meet you soon for a consultation and demo ride in one of our boats. We look forward to satisfying your boating needs.

Torrent Boats…Taking the Coast by Storm.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:25 AM
You can't be me...I'm a RockStar!

bigsplash has been promoted to Piratebigsplash has been promoted to Piratebigsplash has been promoted to Piratebigsplash has been promoted to Piratebigsplash has been promoted to Piratebigsplash has been promoted to Piratebigsplash has been promoted to Piratebigsplash has been promoted to Piratebigsplash has been promoted to Piratebigsplash has been promoted to Piratebigsplash has been promoted to Pirate
Welcome Aboard Mates...

Let's hear from those Torrent Owners out there...
Old 08-08-2011, 08:58 AM

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
Welcome aboard.... looks like she'll run in spit... or less
Old 08-08-2011, 09:05 AM
Registered Users-pm+

saltaholic has been promoted to Piratesaltaholic has been promoted to Piratesaltaholic has been promoted to Piratesaltaholic has been promoted to Piratesaltaholic has been promoted to Piratesaltaholic has been promoted to Piratesaltaholic has been promoted to Piratesaltaholic has been promoted to Piratesaltaholic has been promoted to Piratesaltaholic has been promoted to Piratesaltaholic has been promoted to Pirate
Welcome!
Old 08-09-2011, 07:52 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Wackum is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
drum I Love my Torrent Cat 5

I've had my Torrent Cat 5 since October and have used it in all conditions...low tides, windy, choppy, real choppy... and truly impressed as are my passengers. My son made a comment while cruising 10 mph (on plain) along the bank. "Dad, I see why you bought this boat".

On another trip, a friend (who owns a Transcat) and I crossed Espirito Bay to the south shoreline over a 1 foot chop runnning any speed we wanted and was still comfortable. The boat just straddles the chop. Needless to say, he was impressed. Not only at the performance, but of how dry it is. I had it on ever more rough chop (1 1/2 to 2 feet) and it still handled well but somewhat bumpy. Not nessessary though, since it can go just about anywhere to get around the rough stuff.

I couldn't be more happy with my boat...24 feet of comfortable, dry, shallow running fun. My wife and family love it! It's a pleasure just to drive and hang out on. And it a good looking boat. The guy who does the refective graphics is an artist. Give him an idea and he'll take a step further.

I have a Yamaha 175 V-Max and can get over 45 mph with a Mercury Rev4 19 pitch. That's with a K-top. And gas mileage ain't bad either. I ran all the way around Espirito Bay from Froggies to Pat's Bay (around 35 miles or more) on half a tank. Tank = 40 gal.

One other thing, the builders are avid bay fisherman and know what the fisherman and their family need.

Happy Owner!
Old 08-24-2011, 08:11 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Perro_Malo is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Torrent CAT5 is a sweet ride!

Hi all,
One of my buddies said he seen a discussion about Torrent Boats on 2cool so I figured I would add to it since I am a proud. I don't have pics on this computer, but mine is the maroon monster on Torrent's web page.

I got mine back in July of last year and have loved every minute spent on the water. It is an exceptionally dry and smooth ride even in considerable chop. As far shallow water goes, it will hang with best of them both running and hole shot.

The coolest thing about it is the fact that my 150 ETEC has more than enough power run it. The boat seems to take off and run about same whether I have 6 people or 2 people (44 mph w/ current prop). My brother runs a 21' boat vs my 24' and he has a 200 hung on the back vs my 150. I out run him to the spot and at the end of the day, the Speedy Stop fuel pumps give him almost double the liquid gold they give me.

So Torrent Boats, keep up the good work, and to all in the market, if nothing else set up a ride on one before you make any decisions. I copied a pic from there website of my boat. Hopefully it is visible.
Attached Images

Old 08-24-2011, 08:28 PM
Banned

CoastalObession has been promoted to PirateCoastalObession has been promoted to PirateCoastalObession has been promoted to PirateCoastalObession has been promoted to PirateCoastalObession has been promoted to PirateCoastalObession has been promoted to PirateCoastalObession has been promoted to PirateCoastalObession has been promoted to PirateCoastalObession has been promoted to PirateCoastalObession has been promoted to PirateCoastalObession has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro_Malo View Post
Hi all,
One of my buddies said he seen a discussion about Torrent Boats on 2cool so I figured I would add to it since I am a proud. I don't have pics on this computer, but mine is the maroon monster on Torrent's web page.

I got mine back in July of last year and have loved every minute spent on the water. It is an exceptionally dry and smooth ride even in considerable chop. As far shallow water goes, it will hang with best of them both running and hole shot.

The coolest thing about it is the fact that my 150 ETEC has more than enough power run it. The boat seems to take off and run about same whether I have 6 people or 2 people (44 mph w/ current prop). My brother runs a 21' boat vs my 24' and he has a 200 hung on the back vs my 150. I out run him to the spot and at the end of the day, the Speedy Stop fuel pumps give him almost double the liquid gold they give me.

So Torrent Boats, keep up the good work, and to all in the market, if nothing else set up a ride on one before you make any decisions. I copied a pic from there website of my boat. Hopefully it is visible.
Nice Boat!
Old 08-27-2011, 11:29 AM
Why Run When You Can Walk

WANTED 1 has been promoted to PirateWANTED 1 has been promoted to PirateWANTED 1 has been promoted to PirateWANTED 1 has been promoted to PirateWANTED 1 has been promoted to PirateWANTED 1 has been promoted to PirateWANTED 1 has been promoted to PirateWANTED 1 has been promoted to PirateWANTED 1 has been promoted to PirateWANTED 1 has been promoted to PirateWANTED 1 has been promoted to Pirate
Well i have had my torrent about a year and i am just as happy as the day i got it. I hung a 130-etech on it and it has plenty of power for my family of five. I am running in the low 30's and that is plenty fast for me and the shallow water is no problem. The guys at torrent build a solid rig and i believe they will be around for many years to come making customers and future customers extremly happy. Check them out and get a demo ride and i believe you will be impressed to!
Old 08-27-2011, 02:13 PM

Rbamerican has been promoted to PirateRbamerican has been promoted to PirateRbamerican has been promoted to PirateRbamerican has been promoted to PirateRbamerican has been promoted to PirateRbamerican has been promoted to PirateRbamerican has been promoted to PirateRbamerican has been promoted to PirateRbamerican has been promoted to PirateRbamerican has been promoted to PirateRbamerican has been promoted to Pirate
Welcome! Good lookin' boats!