How long can you keep frozen Deer Meat? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > TTMB

Notices

Old 06-30-2011, 10:56 AM
Registered Users-pm+

pick44 has been promoted to Piratepick44 has been promoted to Piratepick44 has been promoted to Piratepick44 has been promoted to Piratepick44 has been promoted to Piratepick44 has been promoted to Piratepick44 has been promoted to Piratepick44 has been promoted to Piratepick44 has been promoted to Piratepick44 has been promoted to Piratepick44 has been promoted to Pirate
How long can you keep frozen Deer Meat?

I was given some deer susage and backstraps. I was told the deer was processed and frozen in Dec 2010.

It looks okay. What is your experience with frozen deer meat and how long can you keep it?

Thank

Pick ><>
Old 06-30-2011, 11:00 AM
Old Man

RogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to Pirate
that's kind of an open question. All my venison is vacuumed sealed. I fixed a backstrap this past week from last year and it was just fine. if it's paper wrapped and depending on condition when unwrapped - it could be good or no good. I've seen meat spoil within 2 months after freezing due to a number of reasons.
I have venison sausage from last year that I expect to carry me through the remainder of this year (I had a LOT of venison sausage made). whatever I'm fortunate enough to harvest will be turned into sausage, hamburger after season ends and vacuum sealed again.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:03 AM
Registered Users-pm+

jhen has been promoted to Piratejhen has been promoted to Piratejhen has been promoted to Piratejhen has been promoted to Piratejhen has been promoted to Piratejhen has been promoted to Piratejhen has been promoted to Piratejhen has been promoted to Piratejhen has been promoted to Piratejhen has been promoted to Piratejhen has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
that's kind of an open question. All my venison is vacuumed sealed. I fixed a backstrap this past week from last year and it was just fine. if it's paper wrapped and depending on condition when unwrapped - it could be good or no good. I've seen meat spoil within 2 months after freezing due to a number of reasons.
I have venison sausage from last year that I expect to carry me through the remainder of this year (I had a LOT of venison sausage made). whatever I'm fortunate enough to harvest will be turned into sausage, hamburger after season ends and vacuum sealed again.
X2
Old 06-30-2011, 12:07 PM
Registered Users-pm+

TXShooter has been promoted to PirateTXShooter has been promoted to PirateTXShooter has been promoted to PirateTXShooter has been promoted to PirateTXShooter has been promoted to PirateTXShooter has been promoted to PirateTXShooter has been promoted to PirateTXShooter has been promoted to PirateTXShooter has been promoted to PirateTXShooter has been promoted to PirateTXShooter has been promoted to Pirate
In my experience sausage doesn't stay fresh as long as whole cuts of meat, that's why I get sausage done in batches as it runs out.

If the deer meat you have was packaged in Dec 2010, I would think it will be fine.