2006 F250 Diesel smell in cab/leak need help - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Trucks/Towing/Trailering Forum

Old 03-22-2011, 10:39 AM
Registered Users-pm+

saltaholic has been promoted to Piratesaltaholic has been promoted to Piratesaltaholic has been promoted to Piratesaltaholic has been promoted to Piratesaltaholic has been promoted to Piratesaltaholic has been promoted to Piratesaltaholic has been promoted to Piratesaltaholic has been promoted to Piratesaltaholic has been promoted to Piratesaltaholic has been promoted to Piratesaltaholic has been promoted to Pirate
Question 2006 F250 Diesel smell in cab/leak need help

I have a 2006 f250 6.0 and there is a noticeable smell in the cab and it looks like there is a leak around the Turbo or near the fuel filter housing. Also, it sounds like the vacuum pump is running allot longer and louder than usual. Anybody have an idea of what might be leaking?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2011, 10:45 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Artifishual has disabled reputation
what is leaking out? oil, fuel, coolant?
Old 03-22-2011, 10:59 AM
Registered Users-pm+

saltaholic has been promoted to Piratesaltaholic has been promoted to Piratesaltaholic has been promoted to Piratesaltaholic has been promoted to Piratesaltaholic has been promoted to Piratesaltaholic has been promoted to Piratesaltaholic has been promoted to Piratesaltaholic has been promoted to Piratesaltaholic has been promoted to Piratesaltaholic has been promoted to Piratesaltaholic has been promoted to Pirate
leaking diesel
Old 03-22-2011, 11:00 AM
Registered Users-pm+

boyk007 has been promoted to Pirateboyk007 has been promoted to Pirateboyk007 has been promoted to Pirateboyk007 has been promoted to Pirateboyk007 has been promoted to Pirateboyk007 has been promoted to Pirateboyk007 has been promoted to Pirateboyk007 has been promoted to Pirateboyk007 has been promoted to Pirateboyk007 has been promoted to Pirateboyk007 has been promoted to Pirate
I had the same complaint with mine a few months ago. The fuel filter housing (under hood) has a small bolt on fitting on the drivers side. Removed and replaced just the "dog bone" gasket and problem solved.....it's common on the 6.0
Old 03-22-2011, 11:04 AM
"Not Old just been around a Long Time"

Spider-Jon has been promoted to PirateSpider-Jon has been promoted to PirateSpider-Jon has been promoted to PirateSpider-Jon has been promoted to PirateSpider-Jon has been promoted to PirateSpider-Jon has been promoted to PirateSpider-Jon has been promoted to PirateSpider-Jon has been promoted to PirateSpider-Jon has been promoted to PirateSpider-Jon has been promoted to PirateSpider-Jon has been promoted to Pirate
Shamrock Fuel Regulator Gasket

If it is diesel you smell there is a good chance it is the fuel regulator gasket. Just had mine replaced on same 2006 /6.0.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:15 AM
Registered Users-pm+

did you do it yourself? If not how much did it cost and if so, how hard was it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Jon View Post
If it is diesel you smell there is a good chance it is the fuel regulator gasket. Just had mine replaced on same 2006 /6.0.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:53 PM
"Not Old just been around a Long Time"

Spider-Jon has been promoted to PirateSpider-Jon has been promoted to PirateSpider-Jon has been promoted to PirateSpider-Jon has been promoted to PirateSpider-Jon has been promoted to PirateSpider-Jon has been promoted to PirateSpider-Jon has been promoted to PirateSpider-Jon has been promoted to PirateSpider-Jon has been promoted to PirateSpider-Jon has been promoted to PirateSpider-Jon has been promoted to Pirate
Fuel Regulator Gasket

No I had the dealer replace it. It may be a DIY but I had other items for the dealer to do, maybe more mechanically inclined 2 cooler can tell you.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:14 PM
Registered Users-pm+

boyk007 has been promoted to Pirateboyk007 has been promoted to Pirateboyk007 has been promoted to Pirateboyk007 has been promoted to Pirateboyk007 has been promoted to Pirateboyk007 has been promoted to Pirateboyk007 has been promoted to Pirateboyk007 has been promoted to Pirateboyk007 has been promoted to Pirateboyk007 has been promoted to Pirateboyk007 has been promoted to Pirate
super easy - two torx bolts and don't recall parts price; cheap and easy
Old 03-22-2011, 07:32 PM
Registered Users-pm+

sam7 has been promoted to Piratesam7 has been promoted to Piratesam7 has been promoted to Piratesam7 has been promoted to Piratesam7 has been promoted to Piratesam7 has been promoted to Piratesam7 has been promoted to Piratesam7 has been promoted to Piratesam7 has been promoted to Piratesam7 has been promoted to Piratesam7 has been promoted to Pirate
its actually 4 torx head bolts and a fuel line. not too difficult. i'm in richmond if you'd like call me 281-755-7692. my name is sammy. i can tell you how to do it or if its too much to take in, i can do it for you. i'd be happy to answer questions you might have
Old 03-23-2011, 12:35 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Thanks for all the help guys, I am picking up the part today and going to try to do it myself. The only other question I have is what is making the loud humming noise? I had someone tell me it is the vaccum pump responding to the leak that I have??? The sound gets louder and quiter on and off and definitely is the fuel pump or vacuum pump. Its the same sound that you hear when you cycle the key but it stays on and sometimes gets louder......