Laws for selling and raising Fallow Deer - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > TTMB

Notices

Old 03-06-2011, 12:14 AM   #1
paragod

paragod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirate
Laws for selling and raising Fallow Deer

Well like I need another thing to work on like a hole in the head but I have come across a nice plot of land set up for wild game it is already fenced and ready to put deer on. Now dose anyone know where I can get the rules or laws as to raising and breeding deer for resale. My wife wants cows but they make a big mess!! From what I read they are EZ to care for and a hardy animal plus good to eat !!
281-802-9151
paragod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2011, 10:23 AM   #2
bwguardian
archTech

bwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Pirate
Fallow deer are not native to this area...that is why there are no hunting seasons, bag limits, etc. for them. Because of this, if you pin them up they are merely pets, so I would imagine there are not alot, if any, regulations.
bwguardian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2011, 10:44 AM   #3
teamgafftop1
"He who laughs last thinks slowest"

teamgafftop1 has been promoted to Pirateteamgafftop1 has been promoted to Pirateteamgafftop1 has been promoted to Pirateteamgafftop1 has been promoted to Pirateteamgafftop1 has been promoted to Pirateteamgafftop1 has been promoted to Pirateteamgafftop1 has been promoted to Pirateteamgafftop1 has been promoted to Pirateteamgafftop1 has been promoted to Pirateteamgafftop1 has been promoted to Pirateteamgafftop1 has been promoted to Pirate
They must not be too hard to raise. When I lived in Germany, they raised them in pens (about the size of a big dog run) in their back yards. If you ordered a steak in the local eatery, that's generally what you got unless you specified "beef steak". Of course, the weather was quite a bit cooler but I'm sure the stock here has adapted somewhat.
teamgafftop1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2011, 10:49 AM   #4
rut-ro
Registered Users-pm+

rut-ro has been promoted to Piraterut-ro has been promoted to Piraterut-ro has been promoted to Piraterut-ro has been promoted to Piraterut-ro has been promoted to Piraterut-ro has been promoted to Piraterut-ro has been promoted to Piraterut-ro has been promoted to Piraterut-ro has been promoted to Piraterut-ro has been promoted to Piraterut-ro has been promoted to Pirate
Another cool thing about fallow deer is they will not jump a fence, so you dont need a game fence to raise them.
rut-ro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2011, 10:52 AM   #5
POC Troutman
Registered Users-pm+

POC Troutman has been promoted to PiratePOC Troutman has been promoted to PiratePOC Troutman has been promoted to PiratePOC Troutman has been promoted to PiratePOC Troutman has been promoted to PiratePOC Troutman has been promoted to PiratePOC Troutman has been promoted to PiratePOC Troutman has been promoted to PiratePOC Troutman has been promoted to PiratePOC Troutman has been promoted to PiratePOC Troutman has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by rut-ro View Post
Another cool thing about fallow deer is they will not jump a fence, so you dont need a game fence to raise them.
really??? i've guided fallow hunts for 9 years and have never heard that...also i feel like i've seen them in the protein feeder pens and the hay pens...hmmmmnow you got me thinkin!
POC Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2011, 12:15 PM   #6
D.L.
Registered Users-pm+

D.L. has been promoted to PirateD.L. has been promoted to PirateD.L. has been promoted to PirateD.L. has been promoted to PirateD.L. has been promoted to PirateD.L. has been promoted to PirateD.L. has been promoted to PirateD.L. has been promoted to PirateD.L. has been promoted to PirateD.L. has been promoted to PirateD.L. has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by rut-ro View Post
I think your thinking of blackbuck.... and if you scare the **** out of them theyll jump a fence.
D.L. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message