Lowrance to Garmin Waypoint Conversion - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum

Old 02-23-2011, 04:00 PM
"He who laughs last thinks slowest"

teamgafftop1 has been promoted to Pirateteamgafftop1 has been promoted to Pirateteamgafftop1 has been promoted to Pirateteamgafftop1 has been promoted to Pirateteamgafftop1 has been promoted to Pirateteamgafftop1 has been promoted to Pirateteamgafftop1 has been promoted to Pirateteamgafftop1 has been promoted to Pirateteamgafftop1 has been promoted to Pirateteamgafftop1 has been promoted to Pirateteamgafftop1 has been promoted to Pirate
Lowrance to Garmin Waypoint Conversion

Has anyone converted Lowrance (.usr) waypoints to Garmin (.adm)? I want to convert my waypoints to my new Garmin 740S and figured that someone here has already done it.

Thanks
Old 02-23-2011, 04:39 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Danny O has been promoted to PirateDanny O has been promoted to PirateDanny O has been promoted to PirateDanny O has been promoted to PirateDanny O has been promoted to PirateDanny O has been promoted to PirateDanny O has been promoted to PirateDanny O has been promoted to PirateDanny O has been promoted to PirateDanny O has been promoted to PirateDanny O has been promoted to Pirate
My Lowrance has two options for exporting (usr or gpx). Garmin should accept the GPX format, but I'm not 100% sure.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:49 PM

teamgafftop1 has been promoted to Pirateteamgafftop1 has been promoted to Pirateteamgafftop1 has been promoted to Pirateteamgafftop1 has been promoted to Pirateteamgafftop1 has been promoted to Pirateteamgafftop1 has been promoted to Pirateteamgafftop1 has been promoted to Pirateteamgafftop1 has been promoted to Pirateteamgafftop1 has been promoted to Pirateteamgafftop1 has been promoted to Pirateteamgafftop1 has been promoted to Pirate
The problem is that the Lowrance died after a few months and they won't support it (end of life they said). So, I upgraded to a Garmin 740S and just want to convert the waypoints to .adm but can't find a utility to do that. It's not a problem reading the .usr data, it's a conversion to .adm problem.

BTW, I fixed the Lowrance with a .02 fuse but since it was full of water I'm not going to use it any longer.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:02 PM

ReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to Pirate
This should do what you need .... Free and works pretty well.

http://www.easygps.com/
Old 02-23-2011, 05:20 PM

Tried that one too. It won't even open the Lowrance .usr files. It only recognizes three different file types and none of them include the .usr or .adm files.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:27 PM

ReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to Pirate
Try to export them to text format (or if you can cut and paste from the opened .usr into text) then import to the format you want..
Old 02-24-2011, 10:50 AM
Registered Users-pm+

muddyduck has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)muddyduck has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)muddyduck has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)muddyduck has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)muddyduck has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)muddyduck has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)muddyduck has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)muddyduck has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)muddyduck has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)muddyduck has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)muddyduck has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Converter

I used the below to transfer my stuff.
http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/gpsbabel/
Old 02-24-2011, 12:48 PM

Thanks for all the advice. Turns out to be a multi-step process and I needed two different programs to do it. Anyway, I'll find out tomorrow if it worked.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:44 PM

george.maness86 has been promoted to Pirategeorge.maness86 has been promoted to Pirategeorge.maness86 has been promoted to Pirategeorge.maness86 has been promoted to Pirategeorge.maness86 has been promoted to Pirategeorge.maness86 has been promoted to Pirategeorge.maness86 has been promoted to Pirategeorge.maness86 has been promoted to Pirategeorge.maness86 has been promoted to Pirategeorge.maness86 has been promoted to Pirategeorge.maness86 has been promoted to Pirate
did it work and what did you use to get to the ADM file
Old 06-21-2013, 07:08 AM
Red Blue Wave 2200 STL

bjmillet has been promoted to Piratebjmillet has been promoted to Piratebjmillet has been promoted to Piratebjmillet has been promoted to Piratebjmillet has been promoted to Piratebjmillet has been promoted to Piratebjmillet has been promoted to Piratebjmillet has been promoted to Piratebjmillet has been promoted to Piratebjmillet has been promoted to Piratebjmillet has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyduck View Post
I used the below to transfer my stuff.
http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/gpsbabel/
X2