Evinrude Etec vs. Suzuki 4stroke - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum

Old 02-22-2011, 01:45 PM
The Antaginator

Yams has been promoted to PirateYams has been promoted to PirateYams has been promoted to PirateYams has been promoted to PirateYams has been promoted to PirateYams has been promoted to PirateYams has been promoted to PirateYams has been promoted to PirateYams has been promoted to PirateYams has been promoted to PirateYams has been promoted to Pirate
Evinrude Etec vs. Suzuki 4stroke

If you were going to outfit a new 17ft Dargel Skout with one, which would it be and why?

We are strongly considering trading in our big boat for a small, new one. This past weekend really cemented that idea with me after dropping over 400 dollars on a weekend at the coast with the guys...and that was SPLITTING all the costs!

I cant afford that, espeically when it is just me paying for it all, and even if i could, i dont want to!

Anyway, that said. Im wondering about the pros and cons of said engines! Thanks!
Old 02-22-2011, 01:53 PM
Gods blessings surround us.

bubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Pirate
etec cannot speak for suke I have an 08 115 etec and its doing just fine .
Old 02-22-2011, 01:58 PM
Between the deep blue and hard rock

bills106 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbills106 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbills106 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbills106 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbills106 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbills106 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbills106 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbills106 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbills106 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbills106 has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbills106 has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Just went through that same decission myself and the Suzuki 4-stroke won out. Had a chance for a very good deal on en E-Tec and was tempted but I've also run a DF115 Suzuki for the last 6 years with absolutely no problems whatsoever. Changed the oil every 200 hours, water pump every other year and plugs at 5 and that's it. Biggest issue would be who is going to service in your area and how good they are.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:06 PM

ReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to Pirate
Suzuki.... Did a lot of research on the higher HP models and the Suzuki was clearly the better/more reliable motor. The E-Tec was kind of a **** shoot as to whether you had reliability or shop queen based on the dozen or so owners I spoke with.. The suzuki on the hand as 100% reliable - straight from the owners (also about a dozen or so)
Old 02-22-2011, 02:28 PM
Salt & Sol is all I need....

Salt&Sol has been promoted to PirateSalt&Sol has been promoted to PirateSalt&Sol has been promoted to PirateSalt&Sol has been promoted to PirateSalt&Sol has been promoted to PirateSalt&Sol has been promoted to PirateSalt&Sol has been promoted to PirateSalt&Sol has been promoted to PirateSalt&Sol has been promoted to PirateSalt&Sol has been promoted to PirateSalt&Sol has been promoted to Pirate
Hole Shot

you also need to look at your application, if you are going to have 3 folks on that boat, getting up in shallow with a 4 stroke will be a bit tougher than the hole shot of a 2 stroke, no matter the brand that is the case. If you dont do real shallow, then no need to put that into your equation. good luck, take some rides and have fun making the decision. BTW I love my current Etech and used to have a Suzuki 2 stroke 175 hp (4 power heads) but I just assume I got one serious bad apple!!!
Old 02-22-2011, 02:39 PM

EvansMarine has been promoted to PirateEvansMarine has been promoted to PirateEvansMarine has been promoted to PirateEvansMarine has been promoted to PirateEvansMarine has been promoted to PirateEvansMarine has been promoted to PirateEvansMarine has been promoted to PirateEvansMarine has been promoted to PirateEvansMarine has been promoted to PirateEvansMarine has been promoted to PirateEvansMarine has been promoted to Pirate
Suzuki
Old 02-22-2011, 03:28 PM
The Antaginator

Yams has been promoted to PirateYams has been promoted to PirateYams has been promoted to PirateYams has been promoted to PirateYams has been promoted to PirateYams has been promoted to PirateYams has been promoted to PirateYams has been promoted to PirateYams has been promoted to PirateYams has been promoted to PirateYams has been promoted to Pirate
Lot of Suzuki's....what is people's aversion to the Etec?
Old 02-22-2011, 03:49 PM
Wishin I was Fishin

ANYBDYHERE has been promoted to PirateANYBDYHERE has been promoted to PirateANYBDYHERE has been promoted to PirateANYBDYHERE has been promoted to PirateANYBDYHERE has been promoted to PirateANYBDYHERE has been promoted to PirateANYBDYHERE has been promoted to PirateANYBDYHERE has been promoted to PirateANYBDYHERE has been promoted to PirateANYBDYHERE has been promoted to PirateANYBDYHERE has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yams View Post
Lot of Suzuki's....what is people's aversion to the Etec?
Well....To start with, No inspections or adjustments, no changing gearcase lube, no spring tune-ups. For a full three years, then every three years after that. Up to an extra $1,850 in your pocket.

195 fewer than a four-stroke. No valves, belts, camshafts or pulleys to adjust or replace. No telling how much that could cost.

No oil changes A four-stroke gets one every six months or 100 hours
Old 02-22-2011, 04:18 PM
Speed is a Byproduct of Efficient Design

James@SeaKingBlue has been promoted to PirateJames@SeaKingBlue has been promoted to PirateJames@SeaKingBlue has been promoted to PirateJames@SeaKingBlue has been promoted to PirateJames@SeaKingBlue has been promoted to PirateJames@SeaKingBlue has been promoted to PirateJames@SeaKingBlue has been promoted to PirateJames@SeaKingBlue has been promoted to PirateJames@SeaKingBlue has been promoted to PirateJames@SeaKingBlue has been promoted to PirateJames@SeaKingBlue has been promoted to Pirate
what size motor? Is E-tec and Suzuki the only motors they rig on Dargels?
Old 02-22-2011, 04:30 PM
My Water My Rules

McBeast has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)McBeast has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)McBeast has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)McBeast has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)McBeast has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)McBeast has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)McBeast has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)McBeast has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)McBeast has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)McBeast has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)McBeast has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANYBDYHERE View Post
Well....To start with, No inspections or adjustments, no changing gearcase lube, no spring tune-ups. For a full three years, then every three years after that. Up to an extra $1,850 in your pocket.

195 fewer than a four-stroke. No valves, belts, camshafts or pulleys to adjust or replace. No telling how much that could cost.

No oil changes A four-stroke gets one every six months or 100 hours

You sound like a suzuki brochure.