micro guide spacing?? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Rod building forum

Old 12-30-2010, 07:54 AM
Registered Users-pm+

KWillis has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieKWillis has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieKWillis has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieKWillis has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieKWillis has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieKWillis has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieKWillis has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieKWillis has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieKWillis has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieKWillis has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieKWillis has been promoted to the rank of Swabbie
micro guide spacing??

Hey fellas I was wondering if y'all could give me some measurements that u use when spacing micro guides on a 7th ft rod..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2010, 10:54 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Terry G. has been promoted to PirateTerry G. has been promoted to PirateTerry G. has been promoted to PirateTerry G. has been promoted to PirateTerry G. has been promoted to PirateTerry G. has been promoted to PirateTerry G. has been promoted to PirateTerry G. has been promoted to PirateTerry G. has been promoted to PirateTerry G. has been promoted to PirateTerry G. has been promoted to Pirate
story i get is 1 per ft plus the tiptop
Old 12-30-2010, 11:05 AM
Build It and They Will Come.............

d4rdbuilder has been promoted to Pirated4rdbuilder has been promoted to Pirated4rdbuilder has been promoted to Pirated4rdbuilder has been promoted to Pirated4rdbuilder has been promoted to Pirated4rdbuilder has been promoted to Pirated4rdbuilder has been promoted to Pirated4rdbuilder has been promoted to Pirated4rdbuilder has been promoted to Pirated4rdbuilder has been promoted to Pirated4rdbuilder has been promoted to Pirate
http://www.rodbuilding.org/library/staticguide.html

Learn this and you'll never have to worry about the placement of guides again...

With the micros your going to require a few more guides than normal and your still going to touch the blank with the guides on top. That's why I spiral all my micro rods. Just make sure you have a smooth or uniform curve to the line as you load the blank.

Regards,
Doug
Old 12-30-2010, 11:22 AM
Registered Users-pm+

ellisredfish has been promoted to Pirateellisredfish has been promoted to Pirateellisredfish has been promoted to Pirateellisredfish has been promoted to Pirateellisredfish has been promoted to Pirateellisredfish has been promoted to Pirateellisredfish has been promoted to Pirateellisredfish has been promoted to Pirateellisredfish has been promoted to Pirateellisredfish has been promoted to Pirateellisredfish has been promoted to Pirate
Doug's suggestion is right on. I follow the steps in the library article. I start by using an 8 oz. weight to stress the rod and add more weight if I need too. I recently built on two Batson XP845 blanks. These are seven foot popping blanks. I started on the butt with a size 10, 8, 6, then 6 size 4's to the tip. Here are the measurements starting with the tip guide: 3", 6 1/2", 10 3/4", 15", 20",26", 33", 41", and finally 51". The distance from the middle of the casting reel seat to the butt guide is 21 inches. These rods cast well with these guide placements.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:26 AM
Registered Users-pm+

ellisredfish has been promoted to Pirateellisredfish has been promoted to Pirateellisredfish has been promoted to Pirateellisredfish has been promoted to Pirateellisredfish has been promoted to Pirateellisredfish has been promoted to Pirateellisredfish has been promoted to Pirateellisredfish has been promoted to Pirateellisredfish has been promoted to Pirateellisredfish has been promoted to Pirateellisredfish has been promoted to Pirate
I forgot to add that these guides are all on top. The line will touch the blanks in a couple of places but that doesn't bother me as long as the line doesn't go below the blank.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:02 PM
Registered Users-pm+

KWillis has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieKWillis has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieKWillis has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieKWillis has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieKWillis has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieKWillis has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieKWillis has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieKWillis has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieKWillis has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieKWillis has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieKWillis has been promoted to the rank of Swabbie
Thanks fellas!!