trailer inspection sticker - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Trucks/Towing/Trailering Forum

Old 12-12-2010, 08:09 AM
RIDE RED,HONDA!

iridered2003 has been promoted to Pirateiridered2003 has been promoted to Pirateiridered2003 has been promoted to Pirateiridered2003 has been promoted to Pirateiridered2003 has been promoted to Pirateiridered2003 has been promoted to Pirateiridered2003 has been promoted to Pirateiridered2003 has been promoted to Pirateiridered2003 has been promoted to Pirateiridered2003 has been promoted to Pirateiridered2003 has been promoted to Pirate
trailer inspection sticker

i heard on the radio the other day that any trailer with brakes has to have a state inspection sticker. when did this go down? ive never seen any trailer with a inspection sticker. whats next?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2010, 11:50 AM
sea monkey rancher

CoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to Pirate
pretty sure, only over certain GVW and it's fairly high like #18,000
Old 12-12-2010, 12:04 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Reel Time has been promoted to PirateReel Time has been promoted to PirateReel Time has been promoted to PirateReel Time has been promoted to PirateReel Time has been promoted to PirateReel Time has been promoted to PirateReel Time has been promoted to PirateReel Time has been promoted to PirateReel Time has been promoted to PirateReel Time has been promoted to PirateReel Time has been promoted to Pirate
I found this link from DPS.
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/vi/insp...classsubmit=Go

It looks like they go by the weight of the actual trailer or the registered weight. #4000 or above needs an inspection sticker.

They don't mention loaded weight or the weight rating of the trailer.
If anyone understands their language, please clarify it for me.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:14 PM
sea monkey rancher

CoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to Pirate
It's more for multi-use haul trailers that fall under DOT regs.

like hotshot goosnecks on up
Old 12-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Registered Users-pm+

sixshootertexan has been promoted to Piratesixshootertexan has been promoted to Piratesixshootertexan has been promoted to Piratesixshootertexan has been promoted to Piratesixshootertexan has been promoted to Piratesixshootertexan has been promoted to Piratesixshootertexan has been promoted to Piratesixshootertexan has been promoted to Piratesixshootertexan has been promoted to Piratesixshootertexan has been promoted to Piratesixshootertexan has been promoted to Pirate
When we got our new Travel trailer in July they gave me a letter showing any trailer weighting more than 4500# has to have a sticker. The dealership we purchased from doesn't put one on it so you have to go get it done yourself.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:41 PM

paragod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirate
I have looked it up in my Traffic code book dated 1989 I had from when I went thru the police academy. Any trailer over 4500gvw thats so any trailer with a combined weight (boat + empty trailer) I have started taking all my new trailers with brakes and having them inspected. I did get stopped for a flakey tail light on my 30 ft Mc Clain and got the the third degree! He was a young Trooper and Im sure been in the book more recent than I because I missed that page when I went thru it I have spoke to many of the older guys I have worked with and they were unaware of this also as was the inspection station in town. So if it has brakes get it all working or bring it to me and get it inspected.
281-802-9151
Old 12-13-2010, 12:19 PM
Registered Users-pm+

catman6 has been promoted to the rank of Privateercatman6 has been promoted to the rank of Privateercatman6 has been promoted to the rank of Privateercatman6 has been promoted to the rank of Privateercatman6 has been promoted to the rank of Privateercatman6 has been promoted to the rank of Privateercatman6 has been promoted to the rank of Privateercatman6 has been promoted to the rank of Privateercatman6 has been promoted to the rank of Privateercatman6 has been promoted to the rank of Privateercatman6 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Dance Brakes

Trailers with a gvw over 4000 lbs must have brakes
Old 12-13-2010, 12:29 PM
Registered Users-pm+

2410Rider has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)2410Rider has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)2410Rider has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)2410Rider has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)2410Rider has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)2410Rider has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)2410Rider has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)2410Rider has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)2410Rider has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)2410Rider has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)2410Rider has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Does anybody know who will do inspections in the Golden Triangle area. I was stopped last year by DPS and couldn't find anybody to do the inspection.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:51 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Roby has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRoby has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRoby has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRoby has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRoby has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRoby has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRoby has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRoby has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRoby has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRoby has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRoby has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
The correct answer is 4,500 lbs. If the trailer is rated to exceed that weight, it is required to have an inspection sticker, and you won't get a sticker with out brakes. I have been inspecting vehicles for 30 + yrs. in Texas and it has always been this way. On a side note, I took my travel trailer in for a State inspection and all the inspector did was read the vin # and license # off the trailer. I had a sticker in 5 minutes and he did not even check the lights, much less the brakes or coupler or suspension. There was a time when the inspection stickers were meant to keep the vehicle safe. Now it is all about the money....... @ $14.50 I guess you can't make a living if you take the time to do a thorough inspection, and a portion of that goes to the state......
Old 12-15-2010, 07:35 AM
I Member Like It Was Yesterday

Knot Kidding has been promoted to PirateKnot Kidding has been promoted to PirateKnot Kidding has been promoted to PirateKnot Kidding has been promoted to PirateKnot Kidding has been promoted to PirateKnot Kidding has been promoted to PirateKnot Kidding has been promoted to PirateKnot Kidding has been promoted to PirateKnot Kidding has been promoted to PirateKnot Kidding has been promoted to PirateKnot Kidding has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragod View Post
I have looked it up in my Traffic code book dated 1989 I had from when I went thru the police academy. Any trailer over 4500gvw thats so any trailer with a combined weight (boat + empty trailer) I have started taking all my new trailers with brakes and having them inspected. I did get stopped for a flakey tail light on my 30 ft Mc Clain and got the the third degree! He was a young Trooper and Im sure been in the book more recent than I because I missed that page when I went thru it I have spoke to many of the older guys I have worked with and they were unaware of this also as was the inspection station in town. So if it has brakes get it all working or bring it to me and get it inspected.
Yes but nobody writes tickets to rv's (non of which are inspected) mine is over 12,000 lbs.