advice on how to set anchored jug lines needed - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Fresh water forums > The Catfish Lounge

Old 11-13-2010, 09:49 AM
Registered Users-pm+

retired10 has been promoted to Pirateretired10 has been promoted to Pirateretired10 has been promoted to Pirateretired10 has been promoted to Pirateretired10 has been promoted to Pirateretired10 has been promoted to Pirateretired10 has been promoted to Pirateretired10 has been promoted to Pirateretired10 has been promoted to Pirateretired10 has been promoted to Pirateretired10 has been promoted to Pirate
advice on how to set anchored jug lines needed

if you are in 20 ft. of water do you have the jug 2o ft. form the weight or do you have more line out
Edward
Old 11-13-2010, 10:16 AM
Registered Users-pm+

John3:16 has been promoted to PirateJohn3:16 has been promoted to PirateJohn3:16 has been promoted to PirateJohn3:16 has been promoted to PirateJohn3:16 has been promoted to PirateJohn3:16 has been promoted to PirateJohn3:16 has been promoted to PirateJohn3:16 has been promoted to PirateJohn3:16 has been promoted to PirateJohn3:16 has been promoted to PirateJohn3:16 has been promoted to Pirate
My personal preference is to never allow more that a foot of slack in the jug line. I have experimented in the past with allowing more slack and it only allow the fish to get tangled up on something. Just adjust the jug to one foot above the water no matter how deep your fishing. Hope this helps. John3:16
Old 11-13-2010, 10:58 AM
Obsessed Jugging Addict

Jeff G has been promoted to PirateJeff G has been promoted to PirateJeff G has been promoted to PirateJeff G has been promoted to PirateJeff G has been promoted to PirateJeff G has been promoted to PirateJeff G has been promoted to PirateJeff G has been promoted to PirateJeff G has been promoted to PirateJeff G has been promoted to PirateJeff G has been promoted to Pirate
Retired .. There are a couple of answers . It depends on your jug type . Less slack is best because some of those cats will roll themselves up in that extra slack . With a plastic jug, you can take up most of the slack . Now on a "flagging jug" type design jug with the rebarb , you have to account for the waves so they don't premature flag it so you may want 2-3 feet of slack .

I think that I have been doing mine around a foot or two . I really don't care if mine stand up vertical . I can see them easier and I can tell if they have a fish on them because they sit lower in the water and sometimes even bounce up and down .
Old 11-13-2010, 12:31 PM
Registered Users-pm+

retired10 has been promoted to Pirateretired10 has been promoted to Pirateretired10 has been promoted to Pirateretired10 has been promoted to Pirateretired10 has been promoted to Pirateretired10 has been promoted to Pirateretired10 has been promoted to Pirateretired10 has been promoted to Pirateretired10 has been promoted to Pirateretired10 has been promoted to Pirateretired10 has been promoted to Pirate
Thanks a lot this helps me a lot Thanks agine
Edward