Lubbock Catfishing - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Fresh water forums > The Catfish Lounge

Old 08-04-2010, 04:37 PM   #1
Dklimek
Registered Users-pm+

Dklimek is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Dance Lubbock Catfishing

I am a student at Texas Tech and have no where to go catfishing. Does anyone know any hot spots in West Texas, I don't mind a drive!
Dklimek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2010, 04:41 PM   #2
michaelbaranowski
Live Like No One Else.

michaelbaranowski has been promoted to Piratemichaelbaranowski has been promoted to Piratemichaelbaranowski has been promoted to Piratemichaelbaranowski has been promoted to Piratemichaelbaranowski has been promoted to Piratemichaelbaranowski has been promoted to Piratemichaelbaranowski has been promoted to Piratemichaelbaranowski has been promoted to Piratemichaelbaranowski has been promoted to Piratemichaelbaranowski has been promoted to Piratemichaelbaranowski has been promoted to Pirate
How about Lake Ransom Canyon?
michaelbaranowski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2010, 04:46 PM   #3
Dklimek
Registered Users-pm+

Dklimek is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I haven't heard of that before? Good fishing off the shore?
Dklimek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2010, 05:05 PM   #4
michaelbaranowski
Live Like No One Else.

michaelbaranowski has been promoted to Piratemichaelbaranowski has been promoted to Piratemichaelbaranowski has been promoted to Piratemichaelbaranowski has been promoted to Piratemichaelbaranowski has been promoted to Piratemichaelbaranowski has been promoted to Piratemichaelbaranowski has been promoted to Piratemichaelbaranowski has been promoted to Piratemichaelbaranowski has been promoted to Piratemichaelbaranowski has been promoted to Piratemichaelbaranowski has been promoted to Pirate
I have no idea. I just know it is a lake east of town.
michaelbaranowski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2010, 05:15 PM   #5
gordaflatsstalker
Tight Lines

gordaflatsstalker has been promoted to Pirategordaflatsstalker has been promoted to Pirategordaflatsstalker has been promoted to Pirategordaflatsstalker has been promoted to Pirategordaflatsstalker has been promoted to Pirategordaflatsstalker has been promoted to Pirategordaflatsstalker has been promoted to Pirategordaflatsstalker has been promoted to Pirategordaflatsstalker has been promoted to Pirategordaflatsstalker has been promoted to Pirategordaflatsstalker has been promoted to Pirate
There's Lake Meredith in Fritch, which is where I live. Don't know how the fishing is but it's about 2 and a half hours from Lubbock. Further down 287 there's a few lakes around Childress. But that's a pretty good drive.
gordaflatsstalker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2010, 10:45 AM   #6
Sunbeam
NEVER NEVER EVER RING THE BELL

Sunbeam has been promoted to PirateSunbeam has been promoted to PirateSunbeam has been promoted to PirateSunbeam has been promoted to PirateSunbeam has been promoted to PirateSunbeam has been promoted to PirateSunbeam has been promoted to PirateSunbeam has been promoted to PirateSunbeam has been promoted to PirateSunbeam has been promoted to PirateSunbeam has been promoted to Pirate
When I was at Tech it was obvious that the founding fathers did not hunt or fish. They placed the school in an outdoor sportsman's desert.
Lots of those 160 lb "Texas Petite" girls but not much else.
Sunbeam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2010, 10:49 AM   #7
agteacher
Registered Users-pm+

agteacher has been promoted to Pirateagteacher has been promoted to Pirateagteacher has been promoted to Pirateagteacher has been promoted to Pirateagteacher has been promoted to Pirateagteacher has been promoted to Pirateagteacher has been promoted to Pirateagteacher has been promoted to Pirateagteacher has been promoted to Pirateagteacher has been promoted to Pirateagteacher has been promoted to Pirate
I heard there were catfish in the playa lakes in town. I never caught one there but when my buddy and I needed our fishing fix and didn't want to drive or couldn't afford it we would use big red and wheaties and catch some pretty good size carp. Mainly in the one at Quaker and the loop. It was a good pull if nothing else!
agteacher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2010, 04:26 PM   #8
HAIRCUTTER
Registered Users-pm+

HAIRCUTTER has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerHAIRCUTTER has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerHAIRCUTTER has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerHAIRCUTTER has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerHAIRCUTTER has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerHAIRCUTTER has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerHAIRCUTTER has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerHAIRCUTTER has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerHAIRCUTTER has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerHAIRCUTTER has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerHAIRCUTTER has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Buffalo springs lake,have to pay admission to fish.Big lake south of Post on hwy 84 at Justiceburg.
Agteacher has it right,get city permit fish playa lakes for carp.Get your fix when you come home on breaks.
Rainbows stocked in Dec. & Jan.,cold fishing.Better time spent with head in books.
R.E.B.
HAIRCUTTER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2010, 11:28 PM   #9
Jeff G
Obsessed Jugging Addict

Jeff G has been promoted to PirateJeff G has been promoted to PirateJeff G has been promoted to PirateJeff G has been promoted to PirateJeff G has been promoted to PirateJeff G has been promoted to PirateJeff G has been promoted to PirateJeff G has been promoted to PirateJeff G has been promoted to PirateJeff G has been promoted to PirateJeff G has been promoted to Pirate
I lived in Lubbock for 7 years . I sure was happy when I moved to Houston . I can not recall anywhere to fish other than a park pond aroud there . Buffalo Springs Lake was where my dad use to take me but I can't recall catching much of anything there .
Jeff G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2010, 09:21 AM   #10
bogan
Registered Users-pm+

bogan has been promoted to Piratebogan has been promoted to Piratebogan has been promoted to Piratebogan has been promoted to Piratebogan has been promoted to Piratebogan has been promoted to Piratebogan has been promoted to Piratebogan has been promoted to Piratebogan has been promoted to Piratebogan has been promoted to Piratebogan has been promoted to Pirate
I caught bass out of buffalo springs by the dam while I was a student at Tech. I also fished Higginbotham Park and would catch small cats and carp. They also stock rainbow trout in Higginbotham, just check with TPWD for stocking dates.

If you are a waterfowl enthusiast, go to the Playa lakes around town and get some awesome pictures of Teal and Canadians. Call the TPWD biologist for the county and they can tell you which Playa lakes are open for hunting in the surrounding areas. You might need to drive an hour or so, but you will find birds.
bogan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message