Galveston crabbing - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Old 06-23-2010, 11:47 AM

royboy42 has been promoted to Pirateroyboy42 has been promoted to Pirateroyboy42 has been promoted to Pirateroyboy42 has been promoted to Pirateroyboy42 has been promoted to Pirateroyboy42 has been promoted to Pirateroyboy42 has been promoted to Pirateroyboy42 has been promoted to Pirateroyboy42 has been promoted to Pirateroyboy42 has been promoted to Pirateroyboy42 has been promoted to Pirate
Galveston crabbing

So besides Big TX on a Wed night, wheres a good spot to catch crabs? lol...My boys have been asking me about going crabbing, but Im not sure exactly where I should take em. I was thinking maybe off the rock jettys along the seawall, Ive seen a bunch caught off there as a kid. If anyone has a better suggestion let me know, preferrably in the Galveston/West end area.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:43 PM
Registered Users-pm+

btreybig has been promoted to Piratebtreybig has been promoted to Piratebtreybig has been promoted to Piratebtreybig has been promoted to Piratebtreybig has been promoted to Piratebtreybig has been promoted to Piratebtreybig has been promoted to Piratebtreybig has been promoted to Piratebtreybig has been promoted to Piratebtreybig has been promoted to Piratebtreybig has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
So besides Big TX on a Wed night, wheres a good spot to catch crabs? lol...
Funniest thing if heard in all week.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:35 PM
Registered Users-pm+

JohnnyWalkerRed has been promoted to PirateJohnnyWalkerRed has been promoted to PirateJohnnyWalkerRed has been promoted to PirateJohnnyWalkerRed has been promoted to PirateJohnnyWalkerRed has been promoted to PirateJohnnyWalkerRed has been promoted to PirateJohnnyWalkerRed has been promoted to PirateJohnnyWalkerRed has been promoted to PirateJohnnyWalkerRed has been promoted to PirateJohnnyWalkerRed has been promoted to PirateJohnnyWalkerRed has been promoted to Pirate
I have caught a few behind the golf course and air port in Offats. There is a litte parking lot back there with a small bayou leading back to the golf course and I caught a few on hand lines a while back. Its close to you and worth a shot.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:44 PM
Miami Dol-Phan

SaltH2oAssassin has been promoted to PirateSaltH2oAssassin has been promoted to PirateSaltH2oAssassin has been promoted to PirateSaltH2oAssassin has been promoted to PirateSaltH2oAssassin has been promoted to PirateSaltH2oAssassin has been promoted to PirateSaltH2oAssassin has been promoted to PirateSaltH2oAssassin has been promoted to PirateSaltH2oAssassin has been promoted to PirateSaltH2oAssassin has been promoted to PirateSaltH2oAssassin has been promoted to Pirate
We used to catch them off the Norh Jetty at the base when I was younger. Now that I have kids of my own, I wnat to take them also. I wonder if it is still good down there.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:16 PM
Trouthappy

Trouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to Pirate
Lots of places had lots of blue crabs when we were kids. I wouldn't waste my time these days, except take a jonboat into the Keith Lake region near Sabine Pass. There's a whole series of lakes back in there, protected from commercial crab trapping.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:02 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Live2hunt has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterLive2hunt has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterLive2hunt has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterLive2hunt has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterLive2hunt has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterLive2hunt has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterLive2hunt has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterLive2hunt has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterLive2hunt has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterLive2hunt has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterLive2hunt has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltH2oAssassin View Post
We used to catch them off the Norh Jetty at the base when I was younger. Now that I have kids of my own, I wnat to take them also. I wonder if it is still good down there.
There is a lot of people crabbing every time I've been down there so apparently it is pretty good. Another place you might try is in the lagoon off of French Rd. on Bolivar.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:42 AM

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
Advanced Crabbin Technique

Ok, so here is my advanced crabbin technique sure to fill your next crab boil.... and possibly worthy or creating a tournament sponsored by Zatarans.

Iinvited a buddy of mine for a crab boil, my best friend John. We had the same problem with the piers seemly devoid of crabs.

Upon noticing the lack of crabs from several piers I have proceeded to create advanced crabbin techniques... I noticed that EVERYONE crabs at the base of the piers so quite frankly they appear over crabbed (that's a technical term from parks and wildlife).

Put away your string and cord...grab your fishin rod and high tech lines. Add a half ounce egg sinker to the end of yo suffix braid and tie on a chicken leg. I like to use a palomar knot or about a 12 granny knots (the preferred crabbin knot). The half ounce weights are to sink the leg before the sea gulls get it...things are ferocious..."Flyin Hyenas" I call them. See, you have to get out farther away from the pier than everyone else.... cast out 30', the crabs are there and they are fat and ready for the boiling pot.

The professional level crab finder will know to find a good cleaning table to crab around, these crabs stay fed daily with high quality fish scraps. Extremely full.

I think I'll call Zatarans and get sponsorship. I still love a good crab boil and a cold one.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:55 AM
Boogey-Man

BIGMIKE77 has been promoted to PirateBIGMIKE77 has been promoted to PirateBIGMIKE77 has been promoted to PirateBIGMIKE77 has been promoted to PirateBIGMIKE77 has been promoted to PirateBIGMIKE77 has been promoted to PirateBIGMIKE77 has been promoted to PirateBIGMIKE77 has been promoted to PirateBIGMIKE77 has been promoted to PirateBIGMIKE77 has been promoted to PirateBIGMIKE77 has been promoted to Pirate
If you have a boat, dickenson bay or moses lake, if no boat, then take em to skyline drive and pick a spot, also, go to Top Water Grill and carb over there. either way, the area is one of the best for blue crab and a shorter drive if your coming from anywhere this side of galveston.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:09 AM
Registered Users-pm+

gus110 has been promoted to Pirategus110 has been promoted to Pirategus110 has been promoted to Pirategus110 has been promoted to Pirategus110 has been promoted to Pirategus110 has been promoted to Pirategus110 has been promoted to Pirategus110 has been promoted to Pirategus110 has been promoted to Pirategus110 has been promoted to Pirategus110 has been promoted to Pirate
Had some friends that did well in Surfside by Ernies a couple of weeks ago