WASHER BOARD SPECS - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > TTMB

Notices

Old 05-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Registered Users-pm+

saltyoperator has been promoted to the rank of Bosunsaltyoperator has been promoted to the rank of Bosunsaltyoperator has been promoted to the rank of Bosunsaltyoperator has been promoted to the rank of Bosunsaltyoperator has been promoted to the rank of Bosunsaltyoperator has been promoted to the rank of Bosunsaltyoperator has been promoted to the rank of Bosunsaltyoperator has been promoted to the rank of Bosunsaltyoperator has been promoted to the rank of Bosunsaltyoperator has been promoted to the rank of Bosunsaltyoperator has been promoted to the rank of Bosun
Question WASHER BOARD SPECS

I have looked and searched threads for washer board specs and have looked online but have yet to get a straight answer! What are the specs for a single hole washer board? I want to build some that are one hole not the three hole I have been reading about. Anybody have some dimensions they would be willing to share? Thanks Jason
Old 05-10-2010, 04:33 PM
Equine connoisseur

Pablo has been promoted to PiratePablo has been promoted to PiratePablo has been promoted to PiratePablo has been promoted to PiratePablo has been promoted to PiratePablo has been promoted to PiratePablo has been promoted to PiratePablo has been promoted to PiratePablo has been promoted to PiratePablo has been promoted to PiratePablo has been promoted to Pirate
Official WPA Rules
Washers is an outdoor game of skill, played by four contestants. The game field consists of two washer pits, each containing one recessed cup of 4 inches in diameter (101.6 mm) positioned a specific distance apart, toward which players throw washers to score points. The official distance, from cup centers, is 21 feet. Shorter or greater distances are occasionally used but are not certified for official competition. For a tournament to be official, 5 teams must be present.Each player throws four washers toward the opposite cup. Subsequent throwing order is based on who scored last with the scorer throwing first. In games with a standard pit, players may stand anywhere inside the pit when throwing. In games without a framed pit area, players are allowed to stand no closer than one normal step in front of the cup. The starting contestant throws all four washers, one at a time, followed by the second player's throws. Only one player may score per round. A washer inside the cup scores 5 points, leaning over the side is 3 points, and closest to the cup is 1 point. Scoring is done after all contestants have thrown. Should player #2 hit player #1's washer, for example, and nudge it closer to the cup than his own, player #1 thanks player #2 and benefits.Should player #1 land a washer inside the cup and player #2 also land a washer inside the cup, player #2's throw negates the cupper & no points are awarded for the cupper. In this example, points would then be awarded based on the remaining washers and their distance from the cup. (Distance from the cup is generally determined by visual observation but may require a measurement. In the rare event that the two closest washers are equidistant from the cup, no points are awarded) Should player #1 score two cuppers and player #2 cap only one of them, 5 points would be awarded to player #1.A winning game is determined in several ways. Should one player or team reach 11 points before the opponent scores a single point, the game is called a skunk and the player or team with zero points is out of the competition. With two players or teams, and one reaching 11 points before the other scores, the game is finished. Should one player or team score 17 points while the opponent has scored only 1 point, the game is called a whitewash & the player or team with only 1 point is out of the competition. (A skunk & whitewash are not official tournament rules).When one player or team reaches 21 or more points before the opponent reaches 20 points, the game has gone full-term and the team or player with 21 or more points is declared the winner.
*Special thanks to the IAWP for many of the above rules.

www.gameofwashers.com

Old 05-10-2010, 04:37 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Legba has been promoted to PirateLegba has been promoted to PirateLegba has been promoted to PirateLegba has been promoted to PirateLegba has been promoted to PirateLegba has been promoted to PirateLegba has been promoted to PirateLegba has been promoted to PirateLegba has been promoted to PirateLegba has been promoted to PirateLegba has been promoted to Pirate
yes you are right. seems to be a ton of ways to play. i like playing on the boards now. the exact dimensions? i don't know. about a 2'X2' plywood deck framed on the sides and back with 2x4 and tilted on a 2x4 from the back.

but i grew up slinging 3" washers at a tuna can buried 20ft away
Old 05-10-2010, 04:46 PM
Registered Users-pm+

RRfisher has been promoted to PirateRRfisher has been promoted to PirateRRfisher has been promoted to PirateRRfisher has been promoted to PirateRRfisher has been promoted to PirateRRfisher has been promoted to PirateRRfisher has been promoted to PirateRRfisher has been promoted to PirateRRfisher has been promoted to PirateRRfisher has been promoted to PirateRRfisher has been promoted to Pirate
I have a variation of these, show to be 24" X 24"

http://www.bombatwashers.com/Washer_.../10-001-01.htm
Old 05-10-2010, 05:46 PM
Hedgehog in the house

donkeyman has been promoted to Piratedonkeyman has been promoted to Piratedonkeyman has been promoted to Piratedonkeyman has been promoted to Piratedonkeyman has been promoted to Piratedonkeyman has been promoted to Piratedonkeyman has been promoted to Piratedonkeyman has been promoted to Piratedonkeyman has been promoted to Piratedonkeyman has been promoted to Piratedonkeyman has been promoted to Pirate
got a friend he works for the power company he uses the ends of the spools one a tilt for his than carpets them w outdoor carpet ...makes a jam up game
Old 05-11-2010, 01:14 AM
Get Off My Bay!

deke has been promoted to Piratedeke has been promoted to Piratedeke has been promoted to Piratedeke has been promoted to Piratedeke has been promoted to Piratedeke has been promoted to Piratedeke has been promoted to Piratedeke has been promoted to Piratedeke has been promoted to Piratedeke has been promoted to Piratedeke has been promoted to Pirate
I hate playing on boards, just take a couple old tuna cans with you and bury them. You can do so much more when you play on the ground.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:40 AM
Registered Users-pm+

rpduke has been promoted to Piraterpduke has been promoted to Piraterpduke has been promoted to Piraterpduke has been promoted to Piraterpduke has been promoted to Piraterpduke has been promoted to Piraterpduke has been promoted to Piraterpduke has been promoted to Piraterpduke has been promoted to Piraterpduke has been promoted to Piraterpduke has been promoted to Pirate
PVC pipe, in the ground, with baseball dirt is the only way to go!
Old 05-11-2010, 07:50 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Hammer-Time has been promote to GunnerHammer-Time has been promote to GunnerHammer-Time has been promote to GunnerHammer-Time has been promote to GunnerHammer-Time has been promote to GunnerHammer-Time has been promote to GunnerHammer-Time has been promote to GunnerHammer-Time has been promote to GunnerHammer-Time has been promote to GunnerHammer-Time has been promote to GunnerHammer-Time has been promote to Gunner
Here are some of the boards that I build. They are pretty nice. We grew up playing on the 3 hole style, but I play any style.
Attached Images

Old 05-11-2010, 08:51 AM
aka: KSims1868

BlueWaveCapt has been promoted to PirateBlueWaveCapt has been promoted to PirateBlueWaveCapt has been promoted to PirateBlueWaveCapt has been promoted to PirateBlueWaveCapt has been promoted to PirateBlueWaveCapt has been promoted to PirateBlueWaveCapt has been promoted to PirateBlueWaveCapt has been promoted to PirateBlueWaveCapt has been promoted to PirateBlueWaveCapt has been promoted to PirateBlueWaveCapt has been promoted to Pirate
HammerTime...those are EXACTLY what I plan to build in the next few weeks. I like the 3-hole game better than the 1-hole.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:54 AM
Velinda

VelShirley has been promoted to PirateVelShirley has been promoted to PirateVelShirley has been promoted to PirateVelShirley has been promoted to PirateVelShirley has been promoted to PirateVelShirley has been promoted to PirateVelShirley has been promoted to PirateVelShirley has been promoted to PirateVelShirley has been promoted to PirateVelShirley has been promoted to PirateVelShirley has been promoted to Pirate
I found lots of plans:

This site has a forum, gallery, rules for the different boards: http://www.washergameplayers.com/was...g-game-making/

http://www.washergameworld.com/standardsquare

http://www.ehow.com/how_2364981_buil...toss-game.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltyoperator View Post
I have looked and searched threads for washer board specs and have looked online but have yet to get a straight answer! What are the specs for a single hole washer board? I want to build some that are one hole not the three hole I have been reading about. Anybody have some dimensions they would be willing to share? Thanks Jason