How long before shrimp go bad in the fridge? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > TTMB

Notices

Old 04-05-2010, 07:04 PM
Tight Lines

gordaflatsstalker has been promoted to Pirategordaflatsstalker has been promoted to Pirategordaflatsstalker has been promoted to Pirategordaflatsstalker has been promoted to Pirategordaflatsstalker has been promoted to Pirategordaflatsstalker has been promoted to Pirategordaflatsstalker has been promoted to Pirategordaflatsstalker has been promoted to Pirategordaflatsstalker has been promoted to Pirategordaflatsstalker has been promoted to Pirategordaflatsstalker has been promoted to Pirate
How long before shrimp go bad in the fridge?

My buddy brought me some shrimp last week and I threw them in the fridge and totally forgot about them until about 20 minutes ago. They've been there for exactly 7 days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2010, 07:06 PM
Just an old ?

Galveston Yankee has disabled reputation
Don't know. Never had any last long enough to worry about it!
Old 04-05-2010, 07:13 PM
Old School

Gary has been promoted to PirateGary has been promoted to PirateGary has been promoted to PirateGary has been promoted to PirateGary has been promoted to PirateGary has been promoted to PirateGary has been promoted to PirateGary has been promoted to PirateGary has been promoted to PirateGary has been promoted to PirateGary has been promoted to Pirate
Too late.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:17 PM
Tight Lines

gordaflatsstalker has been promoted to Pirategordaflatsstalker has been promoted to Pirategordaflatsstalker has been promoted to Pirategordaflatsstalker has been promoted to Pirategordaflatsstalker has been promoted to Pirategordaflatsstalker has been promoted to Pirategordaflatsstalker has been promoted to Pirategordaflatsstalker has been promoted to Pirategordaflatsstalker has been promoted to Pirategordaflatsstalker has been promoted to Pirategordaflatsstalker has been promoted to Pirate
That's what I figured. They don't smell but I really wasn't sure. What even worse, is that I'm just north of Amarillo and good seafood is impossible to come by up here.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:29 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Reel Time has been promoted to PirateReel Time has been promoted to PirateReel Time has been promoted to PirateReel Time has been promoted to PirateReel Time has been promoted to PirateReel Time has been promoted to PirateReel Time has been promoted to PirateReel Time has been promoted to PirateReel Time has been promoted to PirateReel Time has been promoted to PirateReel Time has been promoted to Pirate
Seafood 3 days max. But it sounds like you have some bait maybe. Depends on if raw or cooked.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:35 PM
Old School

Gary has been promoted to PirateGary has been promoted to PirateGary has been promoted to PirateGary has been promoted to PirateGary has been promoted to PirateGary has been promoted to PirateGary has been promoted to PirateGary has been promoted to PirateGary has been promoted to PirateGary has been promoted to PirateGary has been promoted to Pirate
Stinky Shrimp is great Catfish bait!
Old 04-05-2010, 07:38 PM
Tight Lines

It's too cold and the wind blows too hard to fish up here.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:08 PM
Registered Users-pm+

SURF Buster has been promoted to PirateSURF Buster has been promoted to PirateSURF Buster has been promoted to PirateSURF Buster has been promoted to PirateSURF Buster has been promoted to PirateSURF Buster has been promoted to PirateSURF Buster has been promoted to PirateSURF Buster has been promoted to PirateSURF Buster has been promoted to PirateSURF Buster has been promoted to PirateSURF Buster has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordaflatsstalker View Post
That's what I figured. They don't smell but I really wasn't sure. What even worse, is that I'm just north of Amarillo and good seafood is impossible to come by up here.
Is Scottys still open in Amarillo ? They sure had good seafood.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Tight Lines

I don't know. I just moved up here a few months ago. I'll look into it and check it out.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:57 AM
Registered Users-pm+

CHARLIE has disabled reputation
Let me tell ya bout shrimp. Well this is what a shrimp vendor and buyer told me years ago. A shrimp may go bad (in our eyes) stink, smell etc. but they will not make you sick like bad crabs or fish. You can eat em raw, or rotten but wont make you sick. Ya know I never tried it but I have seen folks eat them raw but never rotten whatever that is. 7 Days in a cooler I dont think they are bad if the cooler was cool enough and the shrimp were not in a big wad as to not allow cooling to all the shrimmp. You would be surprised how l ong they stay in stores just laying on ice.

Charlie