Any Good BOUDIN in San Antonio TX? Having Withdrawals!! - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > TTMB

Notices

Old 03-09-2010, 03:29 PM
PURE SOUTH TEXAS

Bukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to Pirate
Any Good BOUDIN in San Antonio TX? Having Withdrawals!!

One of my huntin buddys always brings some great tasting boudin.I think he calls it headcheese or headsausage, but it has rice and different kinds of meat.Been a couple of months now. Please Help, I need my fix. Looking for some to bring home and throw in the oven.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:34 PM
Old Man

RogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to Pirate
sometimes you can find it in the HEB marketplaces (not the regular stores). Specs on I-35/1604 had some the last time I stopped by - good stuff - not the same as some you can find in Cajun Country - but a suitable substitute nonetheless.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:49 PM
PURE SOUTH TEXAS

Bukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to PirateBukkskin has been promoted to Pirate
Thanks Rogerb. I'm not familiar with specs. Is that 35/1604 North or South?
Old 03-09-2010, 03:51 PM
Aggie Mom

portalto has been promoted to Pirateportalto has been promoted to Pirateportalto has been promoted to Pirateportalto has been promoted to Pirateportalto has been promoted to Pirateportalto has been promoted to Pirateportalto has been promoted to Pirateportalto has been promoted to Pirateportalto has been promoted to Pirateportalto has been promoted to Pirateportalto has been promoted to Pirate
There is a czech head sausage that has rice in it but we don't consider it boudin. When we made hog head liver sausage (Jitrnice), we used pork, rice, pigs ears and different spices. Stuffed them and boiled them for a few minutes. We let them cool, froze them and then baked them for breakfast.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Old Man

RogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to PirateRogerB has been promoted to Pirate
Sorry - here's the link -
http://www.specsonline.com/
14623 IH 35 North, Live Oak TX

210-651-1911

Call first - just to make sure they have it. If the link didn't show the map you can probably google the exact address - hope that helps.

Old 03-09-2010, 04:08 PM
PURE SOUTH TEXAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by portalto View Post
There is a czech head sausage that has rice in it but we don't consider it boudin. When we made hog head liver sausage (Jitrnice), we used pork, rice, pigs ears and different spices. Stuffed them and boiled them for a few minutes. We let them cool, froze them and then baked them for breakfast.
Yeah, He brings all different kinds. I have heard him call it liver sausage before. We eat it for lunch. Put on a pan in the oven,till it pops. Put it on a plate and pour a little Pancake syrup on it. Excellent. Thanks for the link Rogerb. It came thru
Old 03-09-2010, 08:07 PM
Aggie Mom

portalto has been promoted to Pirateportalto has been promoted to Pirateportalto has been promoted to Pirateportalto has been promoted to Pirateportalto has been promoted to Pirateportalto has been promoted to Pirateportalto has been promoted to Pirateportalto has been promoted to Pirateportalto has been promoted to Pirateportalto has been promoted to Pirateportalto has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukkskin View Post
Yeah, He brings all different kinds. I have heard him call it liver sausage before. We eat it for lunch. Put on a pan in the oven,till it pops. Put it on a plate and pour a little Pancake syrup on it. Excellent. Thanks for the link Rogerb. It came thru
That's jitrnice - you can't eat it without syrup!
Old 03-09-2010, 08:22 PM
PURE SOUTH TEXAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by portalto View Post
That's jitrnice - you can't eat it without syrup!
I'm Tellin Ya, It is some Great stuff. If you haven't tried it, Then you are missing out.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:54 PM
yakfisher

jhj415 has been promoted to Piratejhj415 has been promoted to Piratejhj415 has been promoted to Piratejhj415 has been promoted to Piratejhj415 has been promoted to Piratejhj415 has been promoted to Piratejhj415 has been promoted to Piratejhj415 has been promoted to Piratejhj415 has been promoted to Piratejhj415 has been promoted to Piratejhj415 has been promoted to Pirate
head cheese usually looks like a meat loaf and boudin looks like a sausage. I might be able to help from the houston area. The wife and I are heading to Gruene next weekend. Which are you looking for?
Old 03-10-2010, 05:02 PM
PURE SOUTH TEXAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhj415 View Post
head cheese usually looks like a meat loaf and boudin looks like a sausage. I might be able to help from the houston area. The wife and I are heading to Gruene next weekend. Which are you looking for?
Wow, Thanks JH. Boudin. I bet Houston has some pretty good stuff. I will send you a pm.