Cabo San Lucas report - June 19, 2017 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports

Notices

Old 06-19-2017, 06:23 PM   #1
gigem87
I will have my glory day in the hot sun!

gigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirate
tuna Cabo San Lucas report - June 19, 2017

We are here for the week, staying at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach. Fished today with Pisces on 31' Bertram Ruthless, and Captain Beto.

Fishing the past few days has not been too good. No concentrations of fish, Pacific side is rough. Several boats have been opting to stay inshore and catch triggerfish and other garbage like that.

We've fished with Beto several times before, and he knew we didn't want to do that. So we ran all the way to the 1150 spot.

Saw a tailing marlin that wouldn't take a pitched bait. Ran a little further and started trolling.

Had a first, trolled up on a swordfish sunning itself. Didn't get a hook in it either, but that was a first for us. Pretty late in the year for a Cabo swordfish. They are not caught often here...

Not much action, then we got a call on the radio from the Pisces boat Tracey Ann that they had found some tuna. Ran over to them with the Bill Collector, and picked up a quick 7 eating sized yellowfin.

Started trolling in, no bites. Picked up and started running, since we had gone over 45 miles from the port. Ran up on another striped marlin who wouldn't eat a pitched bait. No more action, in the hotel now. We had fun! Seas were pretty good. Slightly bumpy ride home.

Saw the usual Cabo sea life. Stingrays jumping, sharks, billions of black porpoises going nuts (where we caught the tuna), sea lions, etc. Always a great day here.

Flags in the marina seemed to show some tuna, a few marlin and very few dorado.

Back at it again on Wednesday.

Pictures to follow once I sober up.
gigem87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2017, 06:39 PM   #2
walkinwader
Registered Users-pm+

walkinwader is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Have a great time. Hey at least it's not wave jumping

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
walkinwader is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2017, 06:54 PM   #3
wahoo chaser
Registered Users-pm+

wahoo chaser has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)wahoo chaser has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)wahoo chaser has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)wahoo chaser has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)wahoo chaser has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)wahoo chaser has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)wahoo chaser has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)wahoo chaser has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)wahoo chaser has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)wahoo chaser has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)wahoo chaser has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Headed down in the morning. Fishing Wednesday and Thursday. Heard its been slow.
wahoo chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2017, 07:30 PM   #4
Riley & Sons
Registered Users-pm+

Riley & Sons has been promoted to PirateRiley & Sons has been promoted to PirateRiley & Sons has been promoted to PirateRiley & Sons has been promoted to PirateRiley & Sons has been promoted to PirateRiley & Sons has been promoted to PirateRiley & Sons has been promoted to PirateRiley & Sons has been promoted to PirateRiley & Sons has been promoted to PirateRiley & Sons has been promoted to PirateRiley & Sons has been promoted to Pirate
Thanks for the report gigem. I can't wait to get down there, but our trip is not until the beginning of July. My Chandeleur Islands got cancelled for this weekend, so I've got the itch bad. Thought I was going to have to awesome trips back to back. No controlling Mother Nature. Have you found a place down there that is going to televise the A&M vs TCU baseball game tomorrow evening?
Riley & Sons is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2017, 10:02 AM   #5
TexansAg11
Registered Users-pm+

TexansAg11 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)TexansAg11 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)TexansAg11 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)TexansAg11 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)TexansAg11 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)TexansAg11 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)TexansAg11 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)TexansAg11 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)TexansAg11 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)TexansAg11 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)TexansAg11 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Keep us posted! I'm heading to Cabo in 2 days, but we can't decide if we want to go fishing or not. Let me know how the fishing shapes up.
TexansAg11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2017, 10:14 AM   #6
Ditto2
Registered Users-pm+

Ditto2 has been promoted to PirateDitto2 has been promoted to PirateDitto2 has been promoted to PirateDitto2 has been promoted to PirateDitto2 has been promoted to PirateDitto2 has been promoted to PirateDitto2 has been promoted to PirateDitto2 has been promoted to PirateDitto2 has been promoted to PirateDitto2 has been promoted to PirateDitto2 has been promoted to Pirate
We were there in February. Already wanting to go back. Better luck on Wednesday and even better luck sobering up. Cabo is a fun place to be.
Ditto2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2017, 11:17 AM   #7
gigem87

gigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirategigem87 has been promoted to Pirate
Some pictures

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 06-20-2017, 11:48 AM   #8
gigem87

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansAg11 View Post
Keep us posted! I'm heading to Cabo in 2 days, but we can't decide if we want to go fishing or not. Let me know how the fishing shapes up.
No brainer, you must fish if you are here, unless it's in the springtime when it mostly sucks. Even then, I still fished when we were here for Spring Break last year.
Old 06-20-2017, 06:10 PM   #9
gigem87

Made some tuna in our room. Awesome!

Old 06-21-2017, 04:39 PM   #10
gigem87

Was a bit nautical today. Managed to go 1 for 2 on striped marlin, feel lucky to have gotten the shots. It was a good fish, maybe 150 lbs. Unfortunately hooked deep on live bait, and died. Pics in a bit.