Hole punched in cowling - place to repair it? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 06-17-2017, 08:48 PM   #1
marshhunter
KEEP CALM AND CHIVE ON!

marshhunter has been promoted to Piratemarshhunter has been promoted to Piratemarshhunter has been promoted to Piratemarshhunter has been promoted to Piratemarshhunter has been promoted to Piratemarshhunter has been promoted to Piratemarshhunter has been promoted to Piratemarshhunter has been promoted to Piratemarshhunter has been promoted to Piratemarshhunter has been promoted to Piratemarshhunter has been promoted to Pirate
Hole punched in cowling - place to repair it?

So short story short, wind got the best of me at the dock, buddy backs truck in like we have done hundreds of times (It's my buddies boat). Can anyone recommend a place to paint and repair it? I've got some one that can fix it, but they won't paint. It's a 225 yami. I'm in Rosenberg so somewhere around there would be a plus.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
marshhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2017, 09:10 PM   #2
tbone2374
INFIDEL <;((((><

tbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Piratetbone2374 has been promoted to Pirate
Body Man 37 years... a hole not located on edge, would have been much easier...lol. Building strength in that edge is critical. Used Cowling? Good Luck!
tbone2374 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2017, 09:55 PM   #3
jampen
Often profane...occassionaly profound

jampen has been promoted to Piratejampen has been promoted to Piratejampen has been promoted to Piratejampen has been promoted to Piratejampen has been promoted to Piratejampen has been promoted to Piratejampen has been promoted to Piratejampen has been promoted to Piratejampen has been promoted to Piratejampen has been promoted to Piratejampen has been promoted to Pirate
Scars are part of the adventure.

Clean off loose bits, fiberglass matt from inside, mud the outside, sand and paint. Don't worry abt it
jampen is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2017, 06:41 AM   #4
GSMAN
Registered Users-pm+

GSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to Pirate
If it were me I would replace the cowling. You don't want water seeping into the motor. Problem is that it is on the edge as someone stated. You want that area water tight. Good luck!
GSMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2017, 07:28 AM   #5
Haynie21T
Registered Users-pm+

Haynie21T is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
A good boat fiberglass shop can fix it as good as new. PM me if you want the number of someone in the Angleton area. He fixed mine as good as new. Tight Lines...
Haynie21T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2017, 08:47 AM   #6
RedXCross
Just stay positive and Rant on!

RedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to Pirate
I agree, If it was me, They had one on classifieds for sale not to long ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMAN View Post
If it were me I would replace the cowling. You don't want water seeping into the motor. Problem is that it is on the edge as someone stated. You want that area water tight. Good luck!
RedXCross is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2017, 09:54 AM   #7
acoastalbender
Registered Users-pm+

acoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirate
Duct tape ...

acoastalbender is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2017, 10:08 AM   #8
troutsupport

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
George in Pearland. Dude can fix anything.

The proper way is to remove flakes and broken pieces, glass inside, glass outside, sand outside, apply fairing compound, sand more, sand finer, sand super smooth, prime, wet sand, paint, wet sand, buff... If you're not sanding 90% of the time you're not doing glass work. ;-)
troutsupport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2017, 12:18 PM   #9
marshhunter
KEEP CALM AND CHIVE ON!

marshhunter has been promoted to Piratemarshhunter has been promoted to Piratemarshhunter has been promoted to Piratemarshhunter has been promoted to Piratemarshhunter has been promoted to Piratemarshhunter has been promoted to Piratemarshhunter has been promoted to Piratemarshhunter has been promoted to Piratemarshhunter has been promoted to Piratemarshhunter has been promoted to Piratemarshhunter has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutsupport View Post
George in Pearland. Dude can fix anything.

The proper way is to remove flakes and broken pieces, glass inside, glass outside, sand outside, apply fairing compound, sand more, sand finer, sand super smooth, prime, wet sand, paint, wet sand, buff... If you're not sanding 90% of the time you're not doing glass work. ;-)

Called and they said the don't fix cowlings. Any other ideas?? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
marshhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2017, 12:46 PM   #10
Black Dog
Registered Users-pm+

Black Dog has been promoted to PirateBlack Dog has been promoted to PirateBlack Dog has been promoted to PirateBlack Dog has been promoted to PirateBlack Dog has been promoted to PirateBlack Dog has been promoted to PirateBlack Dog has been promoted to PirateBlack Dog has been promoted to PirateBlack Dog has been promoted to PirateBlack Dog has been promoted to PirateBlack Dog has been promoted to Pirate
I'd check e-bay
Black Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message