Whats the difference in blue wave and epic boats - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 06-16-2017, 07:46 PM   #1
Mrod10
Registered Users-pm+

Mrod10 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMrod10 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMrod10 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMrod10 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMrod10 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMrod10 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMrod10 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMrod10 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMrod10 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMrod10 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMrod10 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Whats the difference in blue wave and epic boats

I am looking to buy a new boat, i like to fish Galveston bay and want some luxury for the family as well. Both blue wave and epic seem like good boats. Can anyone give some information on both or either or maybe both boats are bad i don't know im just looking for any information that anyone has on these boats.
Mrod10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2017, 09:15 PM   #2
ruquick
Registered Users-pm+

ruquick has been promoted to Pirateruquick has been promoted to Pirateruquick has been promoted to Pirateruquick has been promoted to Pirateruquick has been promoted to Pirateruquick has been promoted to Pirateruquick has been promoted to Pirateruquick has been promoted to Pirateruquick has been promoted to Pirateruquick has been promoted to Pirateruquick has been promoted to Pirate
I'm sure the majority will say go with the Blue Wave. The EPIC will probably be around $10,000-15,000 cheaper. The resale value will not be as good on the EPIC compared to the Blue Wave. I bought a new Blue Wave 2200 last year and love it. I also owned a BayStealth 2460 for seven years which has the exact same hull layout as the EPIC 25. Only reason for getting rid of it was to get a smaller boat that was easier to load. I think both boats are worth the money they are asking. Get what fits your budget and needs.

ruquick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2017, 12:08 AM   #3
SolarScreenGuy

SolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to PirateSolarScreenGuy has been promoted to Pirate
I have fished with a man who owns a recent model Blue Wave. I believe it is a 24 or 25 footer. Terrific performance in rough chop, deck space laid out for maximum area, storage galore, I thought in every category it was top rate. Good luck with your choice!
www.solarscreenguys.com
www.houstonshutterpro.com
SolarScreenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2017, 09:29 AM   #4
Finatic31

Finatic31 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFinatic31 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFinatic31 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFinatic31 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFinatic31 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFinatic31 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFinatic31 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFinatic31 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFinatic31 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFinatic31 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFinatic31 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
EPICs are GARBAGE!!! I personally bought and sold a brand new 22SC within 6 months. They are total ****. They are pretty, but a lot like that chick in the bar when the lights come on at 2 a.m. - GEEZ!

Resale on them is almost as bad as their customer service.
Finatic31 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2017, 09:55 AM   #5
SSST
Registered Users-pm+

SSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finatic31 View Post
EPICs are GARBAGE!!! I personally bought and sold a brand new 22SC within 6 months. They are total ****. They are pretty, but a lot like that chick in the bar when the lights come on at 2 a.m. - GEEZ!

Resale on them is almost as bad as their customer service.

Sounds like trying to sell their old cousin, a Bay Stealth. Been there, done that. Of the 2 mentioned, the Pure Bay hands down, as many as they have sold, they're doing something right! May want to check out the Frontier and Nautic Star, both very similar to the Blue Wave.
SSST is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2017, 01:52 PM   #6
redexpress
Registered Users-pm+

redexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirate
Maybe Sportsman and Sea Hunt too.
We have a NauticStar 21 Shallowbay and are happy with it.
redexpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2017, 09:24 AM   #7
TheSamarai
Registered Users-pm+

TheSamarai has been promoted to PirateTheSamarai has been promoted to PirateTheSamarai has been promoted to PirateTheSamarai has been promoted to PirateTheSamarai has been promoted to PirateTheSamarai has been promoted to PirateTheSamarai has been promoted to PirateTheSamarai has been promoted to PirateTheSamarai has been promoted to PirateTheSamarai has been promoted to PirateTheSamarai has been promoted to Pirate
out of the two blue wave all the way. i would add blazer bay to your mix.
TheSamarai is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2017, 09:54 AM   #8
Ripin' Lips
Registered Users-pm+

Ripin' Lips has been promoted to PirateRipin' Lips has been promoted to PirateRipin' Lips has been promoted to PirateRipin' Lips has been promoted to PirateRipin' Lips has been promoted to PirateRipin' Lips has been promoted to PirateRipin' Lips has been promoted to PirateRipin' Lips has been promoted to PirateRipin' Lips has been promoted to PirateRipin' Lips has been promoted to PirateRipin' Lips has been promoted to Pirate
Others have mentioned it but its worth repeating....... Stay away from EPIC! They have had lots of issues in their build quality and their service seems to be lacking with respect to their new boat issues.
Ripin' Lips is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2017, 11:30 AM   #9
Cajuntriton
Registered Users-pm+

Cajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to PirateCajuntriton has been promoted to Pirate
Blue wave is a proven reputable boat manufacturer. Epic had their issues when they started with the bay boat market after acquiring the bay stealth molds and the plant in Louisiana. They have been building ski boats for a while. Their hull design is very good and rides great, very dry but fit and finish, components, etc... is a bit lacking. I assume a new epic purchased today would be better then when the first came out but I would put it a notch below a blue wave on the quality side. But I haven't looked in a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cajuntriton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2017, 12:54 PM   #10
holysmokes
Registered Users-pm+

holysmokes has been promoted to Pirateholysmokes has been promoted to Pirateholysmokes has been promoted to Pirateholysmokes has been promoted to Pirateholysmokes has been promoted to Pirateholysmokes has been promoted to Pirateholysmokes has been promoted to Pirateholysmokes has been promoted to Pirateholysmokes has been promoted to Pirateholysmokes has been promoted to Pirateholysmokes has been promoted to Pirate
I looked at both extensively when I was shopping almost a year ago and hands down the BW is a much better boat. I got to test drive both and the BW sits in the water a lot nicer. The epic is great looking but on the water it rocks back and forth with very little passenger movement. Most of the negative comments / reviews I read on the epic were about the rod lockers being to close to the hull and with boat flex were causing web like cracking on the outside of the hull.
holysmokes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message