Baffin 5/11 - 5/13 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports

Notices

Old 05-18-2017, 09:24 AM   #1
double play
Registered Users-pm+

double play has been promoted to Piratedouble play has been promoted to Piratedouble play has been promoted to Piratedouble play has been promoted to Piratedouble play has been promoted to Piratedouble play has been promoted to Piratedouble play has been promoted to Piratedouble play has been promoted to Piratedouble play has been promoted to Piratedouble play has been promoted to Piratedouble play has been promoted to Pirate
Baffin 5/11 - 5/13

Thursday - Had the man, the myth, the legend, Aubrey Black on the boat. If you've never fished with AB I recommend you do so. I've known him for years and we always have good time and catch fish. No one knows BB better. Our first two stops wading were a bit slow, maybe the full moon, who knows. My wife picked up a slot Red and we strung a few trout. After that we decided to get back in the boat and drift for while. The drift bite was pretty good. We put 5 or 6 more trout in the box and 2 more Reds. Our last stop produced 2 Flounder (my wife lost her big one trying to string it), 1 slot Red and 1 trout. My wife caught her first slam that day. Final tally was 8 trout, 4 Reds and 1 Flounder (in the box).
All fish were caught over grass and sand in 1 to 3' of water using 4" sea shad in "white" or "sugar and spice" and Gambler flappin shad in "Key Lime". All jigheads were 1/16 or 1/32nd ounce.

Friday - 4 of our friends came down for their annual trip to the coast. 6 on the boat always makes things more interesting . We waded with Croaker and plastics. Again, the fishing was a bit slow but every Trout we caught was solid, 19+. We fished over sand and grass with a northeast wind at our back. A full moon and NE wind have never been ideal conditions for me. We still ended up with 15 or more keepers up to 25". We released everything 23" or bigger.

Saturday - One of the weirdest fishing days I've had in a while. Started off on some deeper rocks but they did not produce. Moved back to the sand/grass and started catching. Probably strung 12 or 13 good fish before the bite stopped. We did release one fish over 25". After that we drifted/waded for Reds. This is the weird part. They were EVERYWHERE but they wouldn't eat or when they did it was a super short strike. We threw multiple soft plasitics at them including Gulp to no evail. We hooked 4 and they all 4 got off. I have no idea how many we sightcasted to but it was a bunch and they just wouldn't eat. It was later in the morning so we may have missed the 'bite'. I had multiple fish grab my paddletail by the tail and drop it, Flounder, Reds and Trout. Like I said, it was just a weird day. We did box 3 or 4 more trout in that area and lost a BIG TROUT that ambushed my Sugar and Spice Sea Shad on the edge of a pothole. We hit one more deep rock pile on the way in and one of the girls caught her first Red, it was 34" and thick. Plenty of drag pullage to end the trip.
Attached Images

double play is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 03:51 AM   #2
troutsupport

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
Aubry is great people. Good to fish with those guys at Baffin Bay Rod and Gun.
troutsupport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 05:51 AM   #3
trophytroutman
Mirrolure Pro Staff

trophytroutman has been promoted to Piratetrophytroutman has been promoted to Piratetrophytroutman has been promoted to Piratetrophytroutman has been promoted to Piratetrophytroutman has been promoted to Piratetrophytroutman has been promoted to Piratetrophytroutman has been promoted to Piratetrophytroutman has been promoted to Piratetrophytroutman has been promoted to Piratetrophytroutman has been promoted to Piratetrophytroutman has been promoted to Pirate
Awesome report and catching. Nice stringer of trout.
trophytroutman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 09:34 AM   #4
double play
Registered Users-pm+

double play has been promoted to Piratedouble play has been promoted to Piratedouble play has been promoted to Piratedouble play has been promoted to Piratedouble play has been promoted to Piratedouble play has been promoted to Piratedouble play has been promoted to Piratedouble play has been promoted to Piratedouble play has been promoted to Piratedouble play has been promoted to Piratedouble play has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutsupport View Post
Aubry is great people. Good to fish with those guys at Baffin Bay Rod and Gun.
Oh yeah, great dude. He's helped me a lot over the last 10 years.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:53 AM   #5
DadSaid

DadSaid has been promoted to PirateDadSaid has been promoted to PirateDadSaid has been promoted to PirateDadSaid has been promoted to PirateDadSaid has been promoted to PirateDadSaid has been promoted to PirateDadSaid has been promoted to PirateDadSaid has been promoted to PirateDadSaid has been promoted to PirateDadSaid has been promoted to PirateDadSaid has been promoted to Pirate
great report. thanks for sharing.
DadSaid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2017, 06:35 PM   #6
cobrasteven
Registered Users-pm+

cobrasteven is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I will be heading down to baffin also... do u recommend a wade or a boat drifting trip?
cobrasteven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 09:58 AM   #7
double play
Registered Users-pm+

Are you an artificial or bait guy? Do you have a boat or are you going to book a guide?