Gander Mountain goes to Camping World Group - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 05-02-2017, 12:02 PM   #1
mbeard
stumpjumper

mbeard has been promoted to Piratembeard has been promoted to Piratembeard has been promoted to Piratembeard has been promoted to Piratembeard has been promoted to Piratembeard has been promoted to Piratembeard has been promoted to Piratembeard has been promoted to Piratembeard has been promoted to Piratembeard has been promoted to Piratembeard has been promoted to Pirate
Gander Mountain goes to Camping World Group

http://m.startribune.com/camping-wor...3/?section=%2F

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money...res/101188510/

Last edited by mbeard; 05-02-2017 at 12:10 PM. Reason: more info
mbeard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2017, 02:25 PM   #2
troutsupport

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
interesting. I've watched the show of the guy that currently runs camping world, Marcus Lemonis. If anyone can turn it around he can. I'm sure they'll be more aggressive online and drop the high cost stuff like a hot potato.
troutsupport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2017, 11:01 AM   #3
mbeard
stumpjumper

mbeard has been promoted to Piratembeard has been promoted to Piratembeard has been promoted to Piratembeard has been promoted to Piratembeard has been promoted to Piratembeard has been promoted to Piratembeard has been promoted to Piratembeard has been promoted to Piratembeard has been promoted to Piratembeard has been promoted to Piratembeard has been promoted to Pirate
Update on Gander Mountain

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/hal...res-may-close/
Old 05-12-2017, 03:16 PM   #4
bonkers
Registered Users-pm+

bonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Piratebonkers has been promoted to Pirate
They need to FIRE all current employees from Gander Mountain! That was THE BIGGEST problem with their stores I found. Next was the prices! Ridiculous!
bonkers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2017, 03:57 AM   #5
RedXCross
Just stay positive and Rant on!

RedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to Pirate
The one we have here in Beaumont, has about 4 employees at any given time and has the feeling of a Garage sale.
I really like the quality of their clothes etc. , much like I do Cabela's
Their Guide wear and other series of Clothing etc. is really nice made compared to generic Academy
I even bought some lay out chairs, very high quality stuff.
Wow I guess they will keep Beaumont open, according to the list of closures?

Last edited by RedXCross; 05-13-2017 at 04:03 AM.
RedXCross is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2017, 05:04 PM   #6
Lexy1
Registered Users-pm+

Lexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to Pirate
Do NOT buy anything from GM now. Since Camping World took over their store in May 1, they re-did their pricing system. They put a yellow price tag with ridiculous price on everything and took some percentage off that price.

For ex, I found a Shimano Sahara 2500FD model which was 5 years old and saw a yellow sticker at $79.99. This reel was on clearance a while back for $39.99 and noone took it. Now it's $79.99 with 20% off. You guys see how they play the game.
Lexy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2017, 05:35 PM   #7
BullyARed
Registered Users-pm+

BullyARed has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexy1 View Post
Do NOT buy anything from GM now. Since Camping World took over their store in May 1, they re-did their pricing system. They put a yellow price tag with ridiculous price on everything and took some percentage off that price.

For ex, I found a Shimano Sahara 2500FD model which was 5 years old and saw a yellow sticker at $79.99. This reel was on clearance a while back for $39.99 and noone took it. Now it's $79.99 with 20% off. You guys see how they play the game.
Exactly. I don't waste my time and money there.
BullyARed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2017, 07:19 PM   #8
fishin shallow
Registered Users-pm+

fishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Piratefishin shallow has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexy1 View Post

Do you discount the reels you sell in the classifieds 20%?
fishin shallow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2017, 10:49 PM   #9
Lexy1
Registered Users-pm+

Lexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to PirateLexy1 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishin shallow View Post
Do you discount the reels you sell in the classifieds 20%?
My question for you is can you find those reels anywhere for 20% off? If yes, let me know.
Lexy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 09:18 AM   #10
mbeard
stumpjumper

Another update on Gander Mountain now Gander Outdoors

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...nder-outdoors/