I'm done with costa Del Mar so what is next???? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 04-24-2017, 07:34 PM   #1
Jdunn5267
Registered Users-pm+

Jdunn5267 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I'm done with costa Del Mar so what is next????

Please tell me that I'm not the only one that has have nothing but horrible service with Costa Del Mar. The past 3 sets that I tried to warranty were all denied because "it was my fault". I ordered a new set directly from costa and they came to me with loose lenses and one fell out. I sent them in a month ago to find out they lost them after I called and complained about how long it was taking.

So my question today is what else is out there? What glasses are everyone using? Has anyone else made the switch from costa to something else and what is your results? Is there any other glass as good or better than costa?

Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jdunn5267 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2017, 07:39 PM   #2
Slimshady
Dave

Slimshady has been promoted to PirateSlimshady has been promoted to PirateSlimshady has been promoted to PirateSlimshady has been promoted to PirateSlimshady has been promoted to PirateSlimshady has been promoted to PirateSlimshady has been promoted to PirateSlimshady has been promoted to PirateSlimshady has been promoted to PirateSlimshady has been promoted to PirateSlimshady has been promoted to Pirate
Your not alone. They rubber nose piece models I've owned make it three months before rubber falls off. I'm tired of sending them back. Customer service acts like they don't know the problem exists or could give a flip. Super-glue should be provided in the box when purchased. Going back to Maui Jim personally.
Slimshady is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2017, 07:45 PM   #3
WineyFishrman
Try being smarter and I'll be much nicer

WineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to Pirate
I here good things about Smith Optics
WineyFishrman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2017, 07:53 PM   #4
Snaggletoothfrecklefish
Twitch Twitch....Thump

Snaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to Pirate
Get a pair of Maui Jim and you will forget about those crappy Costas...

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Snaggletoothfrecklefish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2017, 07:53 PM   #5
Realvestor
I Buy Houses...CASH-in-a-Flash!

Realvestor has been promoted to PirateRealvestor has been promoted to PirateRealvestor has been promoted to PirateRealvestor has been promoted to PirateRealvestor has been promoted to PirateRealvestor has been promoted to PirateRealvestor has been promoted to PirateRealvestor has been promoted to PirateRealvestor has been promoted to PirateRealvestor has been promoted to PirateRealvestor has been promoted to Pirate
I love my Maui Jim's. Had several pair and customer service was great. I needed a repair (my fault) and they replaced a very old pair for free.
Realvestor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2017, 07:57 PM   #6
DCAVA
Car Man

DCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to Pirate
Maui....

DCAVA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2017, 07:59 PM   #7
Jdunn5267
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by WineyFishrman View Post
I here good things about Smith Optics

I have a pair than I've used off and on and I like then minus the the fact that there good lense is only offered in polymer.....they will scratch.

Old 04-24-2017, 08:01 PM   #8
Jdunn5267
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realvestor View Post
I love my Maui Jim's. Had several pair and customer service was great. I needed a repair (my fault) and they replaced a very old pair for free.

How is their polarization for sight fishing?

Old 04-24-2017, 08:51 PM   #9
fido98
Registered Users-pm+

fido98 has been promoted to Piratefido98 has been promoted to Piratefido98 has been promoted to Piratefido98 has been promoted to Piratefido98 has been promoted to Piratefido98 has been promoted to Piratefido98 has been promoted to Piratefido98 has been promoted to Piratefido98 has been promoted to Piratefido98 has been promoted to Piratefido98 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimshady View Post
Your not alone. They rubber nose piece models I've owned make it three months before rubber falls off. I'm tired of sending them back. Customer service acts like they don't know the problem exists or could give a flip. Super-glue should be provided in the box when purchased. Going back to Maui Jim personally.

I have 2 pair of Tuna Alleys that are nearly on a regular rotation to Costa for service for this. If I remember to not leave them in my truck, they seem to last a little longer, but, I'm pretty sick and tired of it too.

I have a pair of Maui Jim aviators for driving and have had to send them in twice. The first time was a minor repair that was fixed for free. The second time was because I stepped on them and destroyed lenses and frames. Maui sent me a brand new pair for less than Costa charged me for a single 580 lens once. Next time I need new fishing glasses, I'm going with Jims or Smith.
fido98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2017, 08:51 PM   #10
Kevin Spectackler
Registered Users-pm+

Kevin Spectackler has been promoted to PirateKevin Spectackler has been promoted to PirateKevin Spectackler has been promoted to PirateKevin Spectackler has been promoted to PirateKevin Spectackler has been promoted to PirateKevin Spectackler has been promoted to PirateKevin Spectackler has been promoted to PirateKevin Spectackler has been promoted to PirateKevin Spectackler has been promoted to PirateKevin Spectackler has been promoted to PirateKevin Spectackler has been promoted to Pirate
Oakley
Kevin Spectackler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message