Rockport trout over spring break - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports

Notices

Old 03-19-2017, 09:46 PM   #1
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
Rockport trout over spring break

Wind was cranking! Tides were less than a tenth of an inch change (basically none) for 4 days! Caught easy limits of trout 16"-20" wade fishing in calf to waist deep water between Long Reef Bend and Spalding Bight casting to areas I learned to identify watching Troutsupport Find the Fish - Catch a Limit DVD. Was throwing an ugly tail that had some chartreuse in it. No idea what kind or what color was called as it was in a ziploc baggie giveaway from some tourney or conference goody bag prolly 10-15 years old. 1/16th ounce weighted hook. Caught easy limits then catch and release for fun every day for four days. Here's a picture of two days catch.....and my lure. Could see a few reds very scattered back in shallow marsh but not enough to stop and target them. Just could not find the reds. Casting to dirty dingy streaky water from the wind. That clear water stuff is for tourists....
Attached Images

sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2017, 09:56 PM   #2
Bayou_Bowhunter
Registered Users-pm+

Bayou_Bowhunter has been promoted to PirateBayou_Bowhunter has been promoted to PirateBayou_Bowhunter has been promoted to PirateBayou_Bowhunter has been promoted to PirateBayou_Bowhunter has been promoted to PirateBayou_Bowhunter has been promoted to PirateBayou_Bowhunter has been promoted to PirateBayou_Bowhunter has been promoted to PirateBayou_Bowhunter has been promoted to PirateBayou_Bowhunter has been promoted to PirateBayou_Bowhunter has been promoted to Pirate
How do you get your Boykin to stay in the boat? Mine wants to jump out chasing every piece of grass floating by.
Bayou_Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2017, 10:52 PM   #3
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
I say "sit"....and she will not move till I tell her otherwise....lol
Old 03-20-2017, 08:22 PM   #4
TexaswBOWhunter
Registered Users-pm+

TexaswBOWhunter is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
That's a good haul, sounds like a good time was had...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
TexaswBOWhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2017, 09:16 AM   #5
Drundel
Registered Users-pm+

Drundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to Pirate
I'm taking Mae Belle for her summer cut today.
Drundel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2017, 01:35 PM   #6
Puddle_Jumper
Registered Users-pm+

Puddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to Pirate
Nice catch kewl pics and **** good lookin dog !!!
Puddle_Jumper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2017, 09:34 AM   #7
parttime
Registered Users-pm+

parttime has been promoted to the rank of Riggerparttime has been promoted to the rank of Riggerparttime has been promoted to the rank of Riggerparttime has been promoted to the rank of Riggerparttime has been promoted to the rank of Riggerparttime has been promoted to the rank of Riggerparttime has been promoted to the rank of Riggerparttime has been promoted to the rank of Riggerparttime has been promoted to the rank of Riggerparttime has been promoted to the rank of Riggerparttime has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Sounds like a real good time!
parttime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2017, 10:43 AM   #8
bigfishtx
Registered Users-pm+

bigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Pirate
Bet it was fun crossing Aransas bay in that wind.
bigfishtx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2017, 11:15 AM   #9
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

You got that right. Coming out of our Canal house out of the Key Allegro area. It was bumpy for sure. I side quartered the waves at 15-17mph or so till I got across wherever that ended up being then ran down the shoreline till I got to the area....waders and wade jacket cuz flats boat is pretty wet ride in those conditions. Got er did.....
Old 03-22-2017, 12:31 PM   #10
bigfishtx
Registered Users-pm+

bigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrem View Post
You got that right. Coming out of our Canal house out of the Key Allegro area. It was bumpy for sure. I side quartered the waves at 15-17mph or so till I got across wherever that ended up being then ran down the shoreline till I got to the area....waders and wade jacket cuz flats boat is pretty wet ride in those conditions. Got er did.....

Did you see much bait? I am trying to go soon, have not been since November. Would like to find some reds.
bigfishtx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message