Concept Reels question - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 02-16-2017, 01:54 PM   #1
duckmania
Registered Users-pm+

duckmania has been promoted to Pirateduckmania has been promoted to Pirateduckmania has been promoted to Pirateduckmania has been promoted to Pirateduckmania has been promoted to Pirateduckmania has been promoted to Pirateduckmania has been promoted to Pirateduckmania has been promoted to Pirateduckmania has been promoted to Pirateduckmania has been promoted to Pirateduckmania has been promoted to Pirate
Concept Reels question

Okay guys, I've been using Lews reels for the last few years and have been reel (ha) happy with them, but keep hearing that the Concept 13 is special. So, are they truly that much better than the bb1ng inshore? If so, I'll go buy one.
Should I get the 13 or the 3?
duckmania is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2017, 02:25 PM   #2
Profish00
Gone Fishing

Profish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to Pirate
http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/sh...ght=concept+13
Profish00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2017, 02:59 PM   #3
Zeitgeist
Whose House? Coog's House!!!

Zeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to PirateZeitgeist has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckmania View Post
Okay guys, I've been using Lews reels for the last few years and have been reel (ha) happy with them, but keep hearing that the Concept 13 is special. So, are they truly that much better than the bb1ng inshore? If so, I'll go buy one.
Should I get the 13 or the 3?
If it is not broken, don't fix it. Just my opinion and some may not agree but this is the hype, flavor of the day, the zeitgeist of the time. Google the definition of zeitgeist, LOL! Just an observation but many, many, many of the anglers I see using them have had it subsidized in some way or another. Not saying it is a bad marketing strategy, but nobody knows what the condition of these reels will be 4 years from today. Meanwhile, on Facebook the prostaffers have found the Holy Grail My reel cleaner shared with me that he has seen a few at his shop and can't order parts. Not sure why but they don't want others working on them. True or not, I am holding out.
Zeitgeist is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2017, 03:45 PM   #4
dk2429
Pro life, pro gun, Trump 2016

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
Have the Concept C, fished with the Inception, A, and KP.

Honestly, I'm not impressed. I had bad experience with their customer service to start. Only had the reel for a few months now and nothing has messed up on it, but I personally can't see the $230 price tag on it. Much happier with the Lews Lite. Not to mention, 13 doesn't have too good of a rep for saltwater. I'm not saying they are bad reels by any means. But they are a little on their horses as far as price goes. I'd buy another C if I found one for like $150. $230 is going to Lews though.
dk2429 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2017, 04:05 PM   #5
duckmania
Registered Users-pm+

duckmania has been promoted to Pirateduckmania has been promoted to Pirateduckmania has been promoted to Pirateduckmania has been promoted to Pirateduckmania has been promoted to Pirateduckmania has been promoted to Pirateduckmania has been promoted to Pirateduckmania has been promoted to Pirateduckmania has been promoted to Pirateduckmania has been promoted to Pirateduckmania has been promoted to Pirate
thanks guys, thats kind of what I've been getting on some pm's. Really appreciate the input.
duckmania is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2017, 04:34 PM   #6
justletmein
Just call me JJ

justletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Pirate
I love my Concept 13, but it's already been warranty replaced once... and I don't fish that much.
justletmein is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2017, 06:03 PM   #7
jreynolds
Hangin at the Point

jreynolds has been promoted to Piratejreynolds has been promoted to Piratejreynolds has been promoted to Piratejreynolds has been promoted to Piratejreynolds has been promoted to Piratejreynolds has been promoted to Piratejreynolds has been promoted to Piratejreynolds has been promoted to Piratejreynolds has been promoted to Piratejreynolds has been promoted to Piratejreynolds has been promoted to Pirate
If you're happy with the the current state, why change what's not broken.
jreynolds is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2017, 06:08 PM   #8
Mr. Breeze
Just call me Breeze

Mr. Breeze has been promoted to PirateMr. Breeze has been promoted to PirateMr. Breeze has been promoted to PirateMr. Breeze has been promoted to PirateMr. Breeze has been promoted to PirateMr. Breeze has been promoted to PirateMr. Breeze has been promoted to PirateMr. Breeze has been promoted to PirateMr. Breeze has been promoted to PirateMr. Breeze has been promoted to PirateMr. Breeze has been promoted to Pirate
Heard on the radio the new 13 TX and matching Hook Spit rod $100 off at Hook Spit. Must be a pricey son of a gun for $100 off deal.
Mr. Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2017, 09:22 PM   #9
hanson696
Registered Users-pm+

hanson696 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterhanson696 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterhanson696 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterhanson696 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterhanson696 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterhanson696 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterhanson696 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterhanson696 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterhanson696 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterhanson696 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterhanson696 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Breeze View Post
Heard on the radio the new 13 TX and matching Hook Spit rod $100 off at Hook Spit. Must be a pricey son of a gun for $100 off deal.
just checked their website and it was only $50...I would buy for $100 off
hanson696 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2017, 09:34 PM   #10
ShoalTower
Registered Users-pm+

ShoalTower has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerShoalTower has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerShoalTower has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerShoalTower has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerShoalTower has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerShoalTower has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerShoalTower has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerShoalTower has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerShoalTower has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerShoalTower has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerShoalTower has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
I have the concept c and the lews lite. I will prob end up selling the concept for another lews. My concept sometimes makes a whistle noise when I cast and a drop of oil on the rail that the guide goes on usually fixes it. Other than have not had a problem. They are both good reels I just favor the lews more.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
ShoalTower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message