Boat ramp 61st galveston - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 02-05-2017, 01:16 PM   #1
captainblewitt
Registered Users-pm+

captainblewitt is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Boat ramp 61st galveston

Has any one on here used the ramp at 61st Galveston since it was re opened .........I went there a couple of weeks ago and gave up on trying to launch .The dock is so high you would need a ladder to get down to my small 15 foot skiff ........ curious to know if anyone else has tried launching there
captainblewitt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2017, 02:58 PM   #2
duffish
Registered Users-pm+

duffish has been promoted to Pirateduffish has been promoted to Pirateduffish has been promoted to Pirateduffish has been promoted to Pirateduffish has been promoted to Pirateduffish has been promoted to Pirateduffish has been promoted to Pirateduffish has been promoted to Pirateduffish has been promoted to Pirateduffish has been promoted to Pirateduffish has been promoted to Pirate
I was planning to try it out next time I get a chance to take the boat out. Is that ramp very steep? Do you think it was just super high due to the low tide?
duffish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2017, 04:10 PM   #3
Bozo
Typical Texan

Bozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to Pirate
I launched there 2 weekends ago. I probably won't be back.

1- As you mentioned, the dock required me to climb down a piling to get in the boat and the back out on the way in.

2 - Getting out of the parking lot is nuts. You have to turn right on 61st street and that is hard enough because of the way the light is at 45. On a dreary overcast end of January day I waited nearly 4 minutes to get the opportunity to have a hole big enough to risk jumping out in to traffic to leave. Any hint of sun or warmth and finding an opportunity to get out of the parking lot will be impossible if they keep the lights timed as they are now.

3 - once you are on 61st and you want to head home toward Houston, you have to take a "scenic" route through neighborhoods and side streets to get going the right direction. Every turn out along 61st is a no uturn.

4 - even with signs posted to tell folks not to do it, people are already making the boat launch a fishing pier.

Nice try and great addition to galveston, but the traffic rules getting out of there will make it where I won't try it again.
Bozo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2017, 05:15 PM   #4
CAPSIZED
Registered Users-pm+

CAPSIZED has been promoted to PirateCAPSIZED has been promoted to PirateCAPSIZED has been promoted to PirateCAPSIZED has been promoted to PirateCAPSIZED has been promoted to PirateCAPSIZED has been promoted to PirateCAPSIZED has been promoted to PirateCAPSIZED has been promoted to PirateCAPSIZED has been promoted to PirateCAPSIZED has been promoted to PirateCAPSIZED has been promoted to Pirate
Yep, bad place to launch. There are no fish in Galveston bay anyway. Yall should stay on the mainland.
CAPSIZED is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2017, 11:06 AM   #5
potlicker 1127
Registered Users-pm+

potlicker 1127 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerpotlicker 1127 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerpotlicker 1127 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerpotlicker 1127 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerpotlicker 1127 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerpotlicker 1127 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerpotlicker 1127 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerpotlicker 1127 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerpotlicker 1127 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerpotlicker 1127 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerpotlicker 1127 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Need to bring a ladder, I have never seen a dock that high. I don't think it will be much different with normal tides.
potlicker 1127 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2017, 12:26 PM   #6
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to the rank of Riggerc hook has been promoted to the rank of Riggerc hook has been promoted to the rank of Riggerc hook has been promoted to the rank of Riggerc hook has been promoted to the rank of Riggerc hook has been promoted to the rank of Riggerc hook has been promoted to the rank of Riggerc hook has been promoted to the rank of Riggerc hook has been promoted to the rank of Riggerc hook has been promoted to the rank of Riggerc hook has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Need to get Galveston to open up the ramps that used to be at the end of the south jetty, that was nice launching at the jetty. I'm showing my age. lol
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2017, 12:54 PM   #7
capt. david
Registered Users-pm+

capt. david has been promoted to Piratecapt. david has been promoted to Piratecapt. david has been promoted to Piratecapt. david has been promoted to Piratecapt. david has been promoted to Piratecapt. david has been promoted to Piratecapt. david has been promoted to Piratecapt. david has been promoted to Piratecapt. david has been promoted to Piratecapt. david has been promoted to Piratecapt. david has been promoted to Pirate
First thing I noticed was the dock and folks fishing. Got on the City of Galveston to install signs. It has helped some. Tough place to launch. Not well thought out.
capt. david is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2017, 05:33 PM   #8
schoalbeast101
Registered Users-pm+

schoalbeast101 has been promoted to Pirateschoalbeast101 has been promoted to Pirateschoalbeast101 has been promoted to Pirateschoalbeast101 has been promoted to Pirateschoalbeast101 has been promoted to Pirateschoalbeast101 has been promoted to Pirateschoalbeast101 has been promoted to Pirateschoalbeast101 has been promoted to Pirateschoalbeast101 has been promoted to Pirateschoalbeast101 has been promoted to Pirateschoalbeast101 has been promoted to Pirate
That's a bummer. My B-I-L used to launch there all the time back in the day. Was looking forward to launching my boat there with him for old time sake but guess I'll take a pass on that. The public ramp by fat boys is just fine except for the crater sized pot hole by the bridge. It would be nice if that was fixed if it isn't already.
schoalbeast101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2017, 01:19 AM   #9
Jt89
Registered Users-pm+

Jt89 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by schoalbeast101 View Post
That's a bummer. My B-I-L used to launch there all the time back in the day. Was looking forward to launching my boat there with him for old time sake but guess I'll take a pass on that. The public ramp by fat boys is just fine except for the crater sized pot hole by the bridge. It would be nice if that was fixed if it isn't already.
They fixed that

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Jt89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2017, 04:24 AM   #10
RedFlounderBass
Bayou Burner

RedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to Pirate
NFIO
RedFlounderBass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message