Alaska - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports

Notices

Old 01-11-2017, 03:21 PM   #1
JWS.HOOKEM
Just Keep 25, 10M Cajuns Caint be Wrong!

JWS.HOOKEM has been promoted to PirateJWS.HOOKEM has been promoted to PirateJWS.HOOKEM has been promoted to PirateJWS.HOOKEM has been promoted to PirateJWS.HOOKEM has been promoted to PirateJWS.HOOKEM has been promoted to PirateJWS.HOOKEM has been promoted to PirateJWS.HOOKEM has been promoted to PirateJWS.HOOKEM has been promoted to PirateJWS.HOOKEM has been promoted to PirateJWS.HOOKEM has been promoted to Pirate
Alaska

Can anyone recommend a lodge / outfitter in Alaska? Looking for Kings, Halibut and maybe some fly out Rainbows. THANKS!
JWS.HOOKEM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2017, 07:19 PM   #2
Empty Pockets CC
Come Buzz Me Ms. Blue

Empty Pockets CC has been promoted to PirateEmpty Pockets CC has been promoted to PirateEmpty Pockets CC has been promoted to PirateEmpty Pockets CC has been promoted to PirateEmpty Pockets CC has been promoted to PirateEmpty Pockets CC has been promoted to PirateEmpty Pockets CC has been promoted to PirateEmpty Pockets CC has been promoted to PirateEmpty Pockets CC has been promoted to PirateEmpty Pockets CC has been promoted to PirateEmpty Pockets CC has been promoted to Pirate
Tikchik Lodge. Crystal Creek Lodge.
Been to both and both are great places to go. No halibut fishing at either place I believe.
Empty Pockets CC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2017, 07:43 PM   #3
clint623
Stone cold country by the grace of God

clint623 has been promoted to Pirateclint623 has been promoted to Pirateclint623 has been promoted to Pirateclint623 has been promoted to Pirateclint623 has been promoted to Pirateclint623 has been promoted to Pirateclint623 has been promoted to Pirateclint623 has been promoted to Pirateclint623 has been promoted to Pirateclint623 has been promoted to Pirateclint623 has been promoted to Pirate
I've got a good friend who can flat out fish and has lived in Alaska for several years now. He fly fishes rivers and ice fishes with great success. Currently he is trying to get his guide business off the ground. If you want his contact information I'll gladly give it to you so you can chat with him and see if you'd like to go out fishing with him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
clint623 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2017, 08:24 PM   #4
saltaholic
Registered Users-pm+

saltaholic has been promoted to Piratesaltaholic has been promoted to Piratesaltaholic has been promoted to Piratesaltaholic has been promoted to Piratesaltaholic has been promoted to Piratesaltaholic has been promoted to Piratesaltaholic has been promoted to Piratesaltaholic has been promoted to Piratesaltaholic has been promoted to Piratesaltaholic has been promoted to Piratesaltaholic has been promoted to Pirate
Alaska

RW's Alaska in soldotna! It's on the river you catch salmon right by the house anytime you want plus they arrange all other adventures including fly out trips and halibut in homer. You get your own condo and cook your own meals etc very laid back and allot cheaper than all inclusive options.

http://rwfishing.com
saltaholic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2017, 09:57 AM   #5
Explorer123
Registered Users-pm+

Explorer123 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
You can google "fishing guides, Kenai Peninsula, Alaska". There are many there that do halibut and salmon trips.
Good luck.
Explorer123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2017, 12:57 PM   #6
bassjedi
Registered Users-pm+

bassjedi has been promoted to Piratebassjedi has been promoted to Piratebassjedi has been promoted to Piratebassjedi has been promoted to Piratebassjedi has been promoted to Piratebassjedi has been promoted to Piratebassjedi has been promoted to Piratebassjedi has been promoted to Piratebassjedi has been promoted to Piratebassjedi has been promoted to Piratebassjedi has been promoted to Pirate
I went to this place a number of years ago: http://www.kingfishercharters.co/
Really good for the saltwater stuff and the food was unbelievable.
bassjedi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2017, 01:56 PM   #7
82dodge
Registered Users-pm+

82dodge has been promoted to Pirate82dodge has been promoted to Pirate82dodge has been promoted to Pirate82dodge has been promoted to Pirate82dodge has been promoted to Pirate82dodge has been promoted to Pirate82dodge has been promoted to Pirate82dodge has been promoted to Pirate82dodge has been promoted to Pirate82dodge has been promoted to Pirate82dodge has been promoted to Pirate
Empty Pockets, Tikchik Lodge brings back lots of memories. In 1974 I fish guided out of Golden Horn Lodge; I believe the next lake down from Tikchik. I remember going there once or twice. Best summer of my life. Have you been to Tikchik?
82dodge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2017, 02:07 PM   #8
fishinganimal
Registered Users-pm+

fishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Pirate
If you have never been you may consider renting an RV and do everything on your own. Book your own guides and travel wherever you want and stay at one of the numerous parks roadside. The scenery is unmatched. PM me for some guide recommendations.
fishinganimal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2017, 02:17 PM   #9
olcolby
Registered Users-pm+

olcolby has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)olcolby has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)olcolby has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)olcolby has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)olcolby has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)olcolby has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)olcolby has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)olcolby has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)olcolby has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)olcolby has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)olcolby has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
A couple of summers ago had a great experience at the Troutfitters Lodge in Cooper's Landing on the Kenai River. Lots of fishing options in that area. We drifted the river for trout, salmon and dolly garden, took a bush plane to a small remote lake for grayling and Seward to the south or the waters of Cook's Inlet to the west are both about an hour's drive for saltwater fish(halibut, rockfish, cod and sea running salmon). Great folks at the lodge and they were able to set up any typed of fishing you please.
My only complaint was the salmon fishing was not what I expected, all fishing is done with fly equipment and for the salmon you are basically throwing a fly with a 1/2oz weight at the end of the line and trying to snag the fish when the line is snatch as it goes th the fish's jaws -they call it flossing!
Other than that all the other fishing we did was wonderful! My favorite was the grayling wade fishing on a small glacier feed lake that we had all to ourselves.
The options on the Kenai are endless.
Can't wait to get back!!
Be sure and check the seasons on the salmon runs, the vary quite a bit and it can get very crowded during the peak times. We went in July and it was nice and quiet.
olcolby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2017, 02:31 PM   #10
Empty Pockets CC
Come Buzz Me Ms. Blue

Empty Pockets CC has been promoted to PirateEmpty Pockets CC has been promoted to PirateEmpty Pockets CC has been promoted to PirateEmpty Pockets CC has been promoted to PirateEmpty Pockets CC has been promoted to PirateEmpty Pockets CC has been promoted to PirateEmpty Pockets CC has been promoted to PirateEmpty Pockets CC has been promoted to PirateEmpty Pockets CC has been promoted to PirateEmpty Pockets CC has been promoted to PirateEmpty Pockets CC has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by 82dodge View Post
Empty Pockets, Tikchik Lodge brings back lots of memories. In 1974 I fish guided out of Golden Horn Lodge; I believe the next lake down from Tikchik. I remember going there once or twice. Best summer of my life. Have you been to Tikchik?

Yes, I've been there twice and Crystal Creek one time. I thoroughly enjoyed all three experiences.
Empty Pockets CC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message