Favorite pants for wet wading? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Notices

Old 01-09-2017, 11:24 AM   #1
barronj
SHUFL

barronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Pirate
Favorite pants for wet wading?

My favorite pants were, up until this past week, a pair of columbia convertible pants with large cargo pockets on the sides. Fish loved them, I loved them, only problem I ever had was when a bag of lures would dislodge themselves from the cargo pocket and I'd look back and see a package of soft plastics floating off on a leeward course.

I've lost those pants, and I'm looking for new ones to replace them. What do you guys use?

Only stipulation, they probably can't have zipper pockets.
barronj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2017, 11:40 AM   #2
SKIPJACKSLAYER
Registered Users-pm+

SKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to Pirate
i use some columbia water resistant pants and a lacorda threads belt. Its a thick shoelace belt that was made for skateboarders but it works great in the water too. regular shoelaces are too thin and short and the knots dont adjust or come untied easily.
SKIPJACKSLAYER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2017, 02:37 PM   #3
southpaw
Microskiff Mafia

southpaw has been promoted to Piratesouthpaw has been promoted to Piratesouthpaw has been promoted to Piratesouthpaw has been promoted to Piratesouthpaw has been promoted to Piratesouthpaw has been promoted to Piratesouthpaw has been promoted to Piratesouthpaw has been promoted to Piratesouthpaw has been promoted to Piratesouthpaw has been promoted to Piratesouthpaw has been promoted to Pirate
I wear the patagonia guidewater pants and they're the best I've ever owned. They aren't convertible but that's why I bought them. They're really light weight, breathable and dry really quickly. I've worn them for almost 3 years now and they're still going as strong as ever.
southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2017, 02:50 PM   #4
bmc4041
Registered Users-pm+

bmc4041 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbmc4041 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbmc4041 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbmc4041 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbmc4041 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbmc4041 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbmc4041 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbmc4041 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbmc4041 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbmc4041 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbmc4041 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Quote:
Originally Posted by barronj View Post
My favorite pants were, up until this past week, a pair of columbia convertible pants with large cargo pockets on the sides. Fish loved them, I loved them, only problem I ever had was when a bag of lures would dislodge themselves from the cargo pocket and I'd look back and see a package of soft plastics floating off on a leeward course.

I've lost those pants, and I'm looking for new ones to replace them. What do you guys use?

Only stipulation, they probably can't have zipper pockets.

I use the academy brand lightweights pants. Zip off pants. Run about $20 and never had any issues.
bmc4041 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2017, 02:51 PM   #5
stumpgrinder3
Registered Users-pm+

stumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Pirate
Track pants without a liner. Just enough to keep the jellyfish outta my wheelhouse
stumpgrinder3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2017, 04:04 PM   #6
dk2429
Pro life, pro gun, Trump 2016

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
I just wear a swimsuit usually..
dk2429 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2017, 04:20 PM   #7
irbjd
Registered Users-pm+

irbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk2429 View Post
Gotta wear long pants in case you get into the hot jellies. I've been wearing the Columbia convertibles, but the last pair I bought wasn't sized right and is too long. Probably going to try out Simms or Patagonia next.
irbjd is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2017, 04:21 PM   #8
SSST
Registered Users-pm+

SSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk2429 View Post
Yep
SSST is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2017, 05:00 PM   #9
nauti19
Registered Users-pm+

nauti19 has been promoted to Piratenauti19 has been promoted to Piratenauti19 has been promoted to Piratenauti19 has been promoted to Piratenauti19 has been promoted to Piratenauti19 has been promoted to Piratenauti19 has been promoted to Piratenauti19 has been promoted to Piratenauti19 has been promoted to Piratenauti19 has been promoted to Piratenauti19 has been promoted to Pirate
dark blue jeans taped at the bottom so crabs and small fish dont go up my leg . . jellyfish cant sting through them , sharks think your just another pier piling .
nauti19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2017, 06:49 PM   #10
barronj
SHUFL

barronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by nauti19 View Post
dark blue jeans taped at the bottom so crabs and small fish dont go up my leg . . jellyfish cant sting through them , sharks think your just another pier piling .
I hate to disagree with you, but I think sharks have such preternatural sensory ability that if they could stand up and talk, they could probably tell you how much plaque you have in your blood stream, or what your imminent ailments might be, based on the frequencies your blood telegraphs as it pumps through you, while you're standing there talking to the man in the grey suit.
barronj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message