CMC jack plate repair shop - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum

Old 03-09-2009, 07:01 PM   #1
ichiban
East Columbia, TX est. 1824

ichiban has been promoted to Pirateichiban has been promoted to Pirateichiban has been promoted to Pirateichiban has been promoted to Pirateichiban has been promoted to Pirateichiban has been promoted to Pirateichiban has been promoted to Pirateichiban has been promoted to Pirateichiban has been promoted to Pirateichiban has been promoted to Pirateichiban has been promoted to Pirate
CMC jack plate repair shop

I need some help! My jack plate went out last week and I miss it. No noise from relays, no movement from plate, stuck in lowered position. I live in the Angleton/Brazoria area and want to find a shop to fix it while I'm away. Somebody tell me a good shop in my area. Its gonna be a drag unloading my stuff and electronics, not looking forward to it.
ichiban is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2009, 06:50 AM   #2
Sarge
Registered Users-pm+

Sarge has been promoted to PirateSarge has been promoted to PirateSarge has been promoted to PirateSarge has been promoted to PirateSarge has been promoted to PirateSarge has been promoted to PirateSarge has been promoted to PirateSarge has been promoted to PirateSarge has been promoted to PirateSarge has been promoted to PirateSarge has been promoted to Pirate
Jack Plate

Sounds to me like your not getting any power to the relay's. It may just be the fuse. Just a thought.
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2009, 07:07 AM   #3
gater
Gater

gater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirate
Ichiban

Hereis alink to the CMC site (FAQ) not sure if it will help. Gater
http://www.cook-mfg.net/faq.html
gater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2009, 08:28 AM   #4
Sonnysmarine
Registered Users-pm+

Sonnysmarine has been promoted to PirateSonnysmarine has been promoted to PirateSonnysmarine has been promoted to PirateSonnysmarine has been promoted to PirateSonnysmarine has been promoted to PirateSonnysmarine has been promoted to PirateSonnysmarine has been promoted to PirateSonnysmarine has been promoted to PirateSonnysmarine has been promoted to PirateSonnysmarine has been promoted to PirateSonnysmarine has been promoted to Pirate
Check the curcuit breaker first , it has a reset button on the end of it, and push it, and try it.. You can jump around it temporary, with a screw driver, across the two post to test , Also look at the bottom of the relays and see if they are green with corrosion. Or use a volt meter across one side, the side with the copper post in power in and the stell post power out. If the relays are not clicking check the power, and ground first,, it does have a fuse on the purple wire to send power to the switch, check it. Might try these first before taking it in, a lot of times the curcuit breaker is tripped. Seldom is the fuese blown, but more lickely the fuse might have corrosion.
Sonnysmarine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2009, 07:28 PM   #5
ichiban
East Columbia, TX est. 1824

ichiban has been promoted to Pirateichiban has been promoted to Pirateichiban has been promoted to Pirateichiban has been promoted to Pirateichiban has been promoted to Pirateichiban has been promoted to Pirateichiban has been promoted to Pirateichiban has been promoted to Pirateichiban has been promoted to Pirateichiban has been promoted to Pirateichiban has been promoted to Pirate
I played with it last nite with the cowling off, relays are clicking but I can't find the circuit breaker. Called the boat manufacturer to see where they hid it and they don't know. Its only a 5" setback, CMC claims you can work on it with the motor on, no room for me- they must use little people. I've volunteered to use it as a back up boat tomorrow for a buddy's test ride on his, after that I'll have to make a quick decision. b Thank all of you for your help, thanks for the PM on a mechanic.
ichiban is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2009, 08:42 PM   #6
BlueWaveEd
Registered Users-pm+

BlueWaveEd has been promoted to PirateBlueWaveEd has been promoted to PirateBlueWaveEd has been promoted to PirateBlueWaveEd has been promoted to PirateBlueWaveEd has been promoted to PirateBlueWaveEd has been promoted to PirateBlueWaveEd has been promoted to PirateBlueWaveEd has been promoted to PirateBlueWaveEd has been promoted to PirateBlueWaveEd has been promoted to PirateBlueWaveEd has been promoted to Pirate
When mine died, Relays worked but motor did not. I found a black and white wire going from the relay pack to the motor on the jack plate. There was a two pin connector that was corroded very badly. Cut the connector off asd soldered the wires. Works great now.
BlueWaveEd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2009, 09:44 PM   #7
Capt.Schenk
Registered Users-pm+

Capt.Schenk has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCapt.Schenk has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCapt.Schenk has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCapt.Schenk has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCapt.Schenk has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCapt.Schenk has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCapt.Schenk has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCapt.Schenk has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCapt.Schenk has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCapt.Schenk has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCapt.Schenk has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
The fuse or breaker will be just off the Perko switch. Check for it there. Also, you can touch white and black wires to the battery to see if it will move. Reverse wires to go opposite direction.
Capt.Schenk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message