Catfish Jugs - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Fresh water forums > The Catfish Lounge

Old 02-10-2009, 07:26 PM
WBF ..... Addicted to Slabbin'

Whitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to Pirate
If the lady had not been in the pic to give perspective, I would not have realized how huge that cat is! Darn, you need a step to get onto the front deck of that boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin Water Tracker View Post
I have used the flagging jugs for 10 year now still have the first 10 I made and they hold up good and do catch fish. 50 lbs blue best to date"June 08" once you lnow what to look for in a lake they do th job. I fllowed this one about 1/2 mile and once I got a hold of here took about 10 mins to get her into the boat.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:29 AM
Registered Users-pm+

JakeBrake has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)JakeBrake has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)JakeBrake has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)JakeBrake has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)JakeBrake has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)JakeBrake has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)JakeBrake has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)JakeBrake has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)JakeBrake has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)JakeBrake has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)JakeBrake has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Is this a good time of year to be jugging, or what some people i know call noodling. I have about 25 that are made from 3/4" PVC and swimming pool noodles.. the pipe is about 18" and the foam noodles about 12"... a hole drilled in one end with my leader line tied to it with a double hook leader on the end of that with a lead weight. We use freshly caught shad. I also took some DOT reflective tape and wrapped the top end of the pipe for better visibility at night with a spotlight... I've only used them in the summer months, are they good for this time of year too?
Old 02-11-2009, 01:42 PM

shadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirate
great posts and pics about jugs, a man could take this info and catch some catfish.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Bowhntr has been promoted to PirateBowhntr has been promoted to PirateBowhntr has been promoted to PirateBowhntr has been promoted to PirateBowhntr has been promoted to PirateBowhntr has been promoted to PirateBowhntr has been promoted to PirateBowhntr has been promoted to PirateBowhntr has been promoted to PirateBowhntr has been promoted to PirateBowhntr has been promoted to Pirate
Thank whitebassfisher you and SS (other as well) are full of info. I'll start making a few of these and take my nephew/niece out for some cats later when they are out of school and weekend. Hope to get to fish with you guys one day.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:01 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Gentleben is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Gentleben is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Gentleben is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Gentleben is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Gentleben is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Gentleben is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Gentleben is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Gentleben is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Gentleben is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Gentleben is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Gentleben is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
This is the diagram we use, glad you found it and shared it with your friends !!
Attached Images

Old 02-13-2009, 04:12 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Thin Water Tracker is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Thin Water Tracker is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Thin Water Tracker is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Thin Water Tracker is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Thin Water Tracker is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Thin Water Tracker is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Thin Water Tracker is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Thin Water Tracker is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Thin Water Tracker is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Thin Water Tracker is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Thin Water Tracker is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Ben was one ot the guy that started me Jugging with the flagging Jugs. And I sure a few of you know Medulla he took me on my first Jugging trip and showed me the ropes.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:38 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Gentleben is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Gentleben is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Gentleben is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Gentleben is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Gentleben is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Gentleben is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Gentleben is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Gentleben is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Gentleben is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Gentleben is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Gentleben is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Yeah Don glad to see you ain't letting no slime grow under your boat !! I need to go fishing more and make sure my stuff don't be walking off, bwahahhahahahha
Old 02-14-2009, 05:52 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Donnie Piper actually did the original design of this great fishing tool diagrah which many, many, many ,people have gotten credit for, we don't mind , actually we encourage people to useit. We'll even take you out and show you how it is done .
TPWD came down and did a jug fishing video on this guys and is being aired right now , http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13688
This guys can teach you and show you how to be sucessfull jugliners for the rest of your lifes !!!!!!!!!
Only thing I would have done different is I would have include Jackie Kenedy on this video to show folks how R&R catfishing is really done !!
Baby, that puts the icing on the cake !!
Tight lines and bent poles , makes a man happy!!
Attached Images

Last edited by Gentleben; 02-14-2009 at 06:12 AM.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:36 AM
WBF ..... Addicted to Slabbin'

Whitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to Pirate
Yes, Don Piper I believe is due credit for the flagging jug diagram. He is very active on FishingTx.com

FishingTx tends to specialize in catfish; they have many members who could catch 20+ pounders on demand, well within 24 hours anyway. LOL
Old 02-14-2009, 12:11 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Gator gar has been promoted to PirateGator gar has been promoted to PirateGator gar has been promoted to PirateGator gar has been promoted to PirateGator gar has been promoted to PirateGator gar has been promoted to PirateGator gar has been promoted to PirateGator gar has been promoted to PirateGator gar has been promoted to PirateGator gar has been promoted to PirateGator gar has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebassfisher View Post
Yes, Don Piper I believe is due credit for the flagging jug diagram. He is very active on FishingTx.com

FishingTx tends to specialize in catfish; they have many members who could catch 20+ pounders on demand, well within 24 hours anyway. LOL

Looks like you were caught in some sort of copyright infringement there White Bass fisher. Looks as if Ben called you out on it.

I noticed alot of the Fishing Tx info was doctored on your flaggin jug diagram and intentionally left erased, leading most to think that you came up with the idea. That is an integrity and moral NO-NO. Stealing info from another site and misleading people into thinking it was your idea in a round about way, but not really intentially, right??

I've seen that diagram many times on FishingTx.com, but never really looked at it here until Ben called you out, then I realized all the credit info was erased. Shame, shame.

If you really want to help these new comers to the art of jugging, send them to the number one Jug fishing website that there is in Texas and that is FishingTx.com. They specialize in jugging and what better place to learn from??

That is where I learned what I know about jugging and that is where I recommend anyone go, if they want to learn.

There are too many questions over here about jugging and all the answers are over there. I'm not trying to recruit anyone, but facts are facts. There are good knowlegable people over there that are pros at jugging and will do all they can to help you. All you have to do is register.